• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Facebook IPO

Would you buy Facebook stock?

• Yes

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Maybe/Depends on Price

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters

Chris

Council Member
Facebook is near it's IPO. They're seeking to raise around $5 billion. They're estimating it could be valued at $75 to $100 billion once it starts trading.

CNN STORY

Would you buy stock in the company?

Bo-4

Senator
No, primarily because i think it'll come out overvalued. But additionally, personally i find it to be a ginormous waste of time.

*Of course, trying to change the minds of rabid conservatives is ditto.. but it's more fun! :D

lilly

Council Member
I wouldn't go on FaceBook if they paid me but, I darn well would buy the stock and get in on a good thing in the beginning of it, if I had the money.

Figjam

Mayor
...I very much doubt it will be worthwhile for the average investor. This will probably be an institutional investment instrument like Google.

degsme

Council Member
Facebook is near it's IPO. They're seeking to raise around $5 billion. They're estimating it could be valued at $75 to $100 billion once it starts trading.

CNN STORY

Depends on the strike price, the dilution value, the potential future dilution (that's the hidden secret of most IPOs) etc.

Whispers

Council Member
I dabble in stocks. I'll probably stay far away from this one. I predict them to sell 200 to 300 million shares at $30 to $55 per share. I know that's vague, but it's the best estimate I can give you with the limited details.

I know they're predicting a 4-1 ratio for demand vs supply. So it might be a good idea to get your shares and dump them for a profit right away. People will be wanting about 1 billion shares when most likely only around a fourth of that will be available.

If I do decide to buy and can get my grubby hands on a decent amount, I'll be selling them fast to make a sure, quick profit.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member

CNN STORY

I heard one Guru say no, but I'm thinking about it.