• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hal is a slobbering moron! :)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Who remember the great George/Hal grudge of Slate Fray? Dunno what reminded me of this.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Who remember the great George/Hal grudge of Slate Fray? Dunno what reminded me of this.
Which forum(s) did they post in mostly? For a stretch of years, there were so many active forums.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Which forum(s) did they post in mostly? For a stretch of years, there were so many active forums.
Those guys were in both Politics and Ballot Box frays. The post I made was nearly boilerplate top post. They were both very focused on economics - and they constantly top posted subject-line-call-outs of one another (nearly always choosing “moron” as preferred slur).

It was high comedy.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Those guys were in both Politics and Ballot Box frays. The post I made was nearly boilerplate top post. They were both very focused on economics - and they constantly top posted subject-line-call-outs of one another (nearly always choosing “moron” as preferred slur).

It was high comedy.
And ALWAYS with a smiley face after the insult.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

It was high comedy.
i remember the nics...that's about it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
i remember the nics...that's about it.
Dang, it made me laugh. Hal was a straight up GROUCH. Perma-grump. George antagonized him constantly - and all they ever discussed was economic policy. It went from highbrow straight to subject line insults with no content.

Funny stuff - mostly because they went from economic theory to “full Flintstone” instantly.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
i surely remember hal. not so much the other.. constant bickering/arguing when Hal was on.
Remember, one time, Hal become overly excited at available political candidates and revised his posting moniker to “Clark-for-president”. That was a couple years after the great George v. Hal grudgefests though.

Gotta admit, the more primitive iteration of the internet had a certain charm to it. Clunky, messy, often disorganized - but less sterile.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Remember, one time, Hal become overly excited at available political candidates and revised his posting moniker to “Clark-for-president”. That was a couple years after the great George v. Hal grudgefests though.

Gotta admit, the more primitive iteration of the internet had a certain charm to it. Clunky, messy, often disorganized - but less sterile.
I actually thought the threading threaded view there was awesome

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yep - and you could literally skip over riffraff without even seeing the post (just the author). Ladder directories like that are nice.
Man... For a forum like that....where people could hold their own and handle give take without breaking down...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Man... For a forum like that....where people could hold their own and handle give take without breaking down...
A different era. People weren’t quite such weaklings then. Now, offense is baked in. It’s like “potential energy” - just waiting to be released all the time.