• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I'm completely in favor of slavery reparations . . .

protectionist

Governor
He brought up AA in the enough has been done.
The truth is the govt, which is by and large controlled by one racial group.
In almost everything it does, it always does more for that group than any other.
AA is just another example.
So you're saying the govt is controlled by blacks ? That's what it sounds like. And by looking at policies in existence (AA, Biden's American Rescue Plan, CRT), you'd be right. It looks like it IS controlled by blacks, judging by the policies coming out of it.

protectionist

Governor
If someone burns down your house and danced on the ashes, is the rebuilding of your house by the same perpetrator a handout ?

Paying a debt owed is not a handout.
The "debt" that America owes is to white male victims of Affirmative Action.

The debts owed to whites, caused by Biden's equally anti-white racist "American Rescue Plan" have already been paid, resulting from court cases that ruled that the ARP projects were racist against whites.

A Third Judge Strikes Down Biden’s Racist Farm Aid Program That Excludes Whites | The Daily Wire

The question is when the ARP racism cases were contested, they were all ruled as racism against whites. Why are AA cases not the same, when they have been around 50 times longer ? (since the Bakke case)

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor
Why would you believe Trump's story when you know he's a liar ?

Both those links are INVALID, as both are LIAR SOURCES. I wouldn't a second of attention to either one of them. Pure fake news.

trapdoor

Governor
As if these Americans were offered up as a sacrifice for the sins of its leaders. Americans both black and white gave their lives, the govt did not have the right to pay for slavery with other human lives. Also, those human lives repaid none of that debt because humans are not a currency. Your entire premise is immoral as slavery itself.

If what you say is true, then we shouldn't have a debt made of deficits compiled by previous administrations. According to you, every new gets a fresh start on its debts.

Now tell me, do you believe that ?
Remember, I'm a fiscal conservative. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd eliminate the deficit that leads to the ever-rotating-debt -- so wha you describe sounds great to me. But bottom line, this generation of human's owe's no debt at all as a result of the actions, bad or good, of preceding generations.

trapdoor

Governor
By that, I meant you can't compare the hardships of a free person to that of a slave. In the end, a free person, if all else fails, they were free to pick up and leave in search of a better life. Even an attempt to do so could mean torture, dismemberment, or even death for a slave.

And it is completely untrue to say that you can't repair the damage leftover from slavery. You can only pretend there was no damage done. Which is also completely untrue.

Freeing your kidnap victim is not payment for having kidnapped them in the first place. As Malcolm X said, If you stab me with a 9" knife, pulling it out 3" does not help me. If you pull it out 6", you still have not helped me. If you pull the knife all the way out. You still have not helped me. Until you aid me in healing the wound, you are in fact refusing to help me.
One can always compare the hardships of one human being to the hardships of another human being.
The damage "left over" from slavery could only be paid to the people who experienced that damage, people who ad been slaves. No one alive today, in other words. Minorities today almost undoubtedly receive some sort of damage from ongoing racism, but they experience that even in places where there was no slavery, so it isn't part of the damage left over from slavery as an institution.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Anyone who can show that they or their parents were slaves should qualify. Someone who was never a slave should not.

Any thoughts on paying the ancestors of the Union soldiers killed freeing the slaves?
Wouldn't their families have received money from the military for their death?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
That's not quite true...A few did:

Confederacy approves Black soldiers

On March 13, 1865, with the main Rebel armies facing long odds against much larger Union armies, the Confederacy, in a desperate measure, reluctantly approves the use of Black troops.

The situation was bleak for the Confederates in the spring of 1865. The Yankees had captured large swaths of Southern territory, General William T. Sherman’s Union army was tearing through the Carolinas, and General Robert E. Lee was trying valiantly to hold the Confederate capital of Richmond, Virginia, against General Ulysses S. Grant’s growing force. Lee and Confederate President Jefferson Davis had only two options. One was for Lee to unite with General Joseph Johnston’s army in the Carolinas and use the combined force to take on Sherman and Grant one at a time. The other option was to arm enslaved workers, the last source of fresh manpower in the Confederacy.

The idea of enlisting Black soldiers had been debated for some time. Arming enslaved workers was essentially a way of setting them free, since they could not realistically be sent back to plantations after they had fought. General Patrick Cleburne had suggested enlisting enslaved workers a year before, but few in the Confederate leadership considered the proposal, since slavery was the foundation of Southern society. One politician asked, “What did we go to war for, if not to protect our property?” Another suggested, “If slaves will make good soldiers, our whole theory of slavery is wrong.” Lee weighed in on the issue and asked the Confederate government for help. “We must decide whether slavery shall be extinguished by our enemies and the slaves be used against us, or use them ourselves.” Lee asked that the enslaved workers be freed as a condition of fighting, but the bill that passed the Confederate Congress on March 13, 1865, did not stipulate freedom for those who served.

The measure did nothing to stop the destruction of the Confederacy. Several thousand Black men were enlisted to fight for the Confederates, but they could not begin to balance out the nearly 200,000 Black soldiers who fought for the Union.

Confederacy approves Black soldiers - HISTORY

Seems like a moot point anyway - They've all been dead for quite some time.

View attachment 73238
The Confederates had to be the biggest hypocrites ever if they approved the use of Black men to serve in their military. Hadn't they stated that the African race was suited for nothing but to be a slave? Yes, they had. Were they going to trust a former slave (who had been brutalized, degraded and whipped all his life) to have a gun? I doubt it.
That's a nice picture though.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
My family legally immigrated to the United States in the early 1900s during the Bolshevik Revolution. My ancestors had to have sponsors and worked as share croppers until they could save enough money to buy their own land. We owned no slaves...didn't become citizens until over 45 years after Reconstruction.

My family owes nobody for slavery, as our ancestors weren't even here. Therefore, my family's tax money should go to nobody regarding reparations.
You and your family have benefitted from the enslavement of Africans. The African slaves helped build this country. That's probably why your ancestors wanted to come here--the USA was a nice place for White immigrants.
So, since your ancestors benefitted, they are on the hook.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
No, that’s the popular narrative intended for the consumption of stupid people…which is what America is at this point. Reparations is just one more Trojan Horse. It’s a bloody stampede at this point. Addressing wrongs exacted upon dead people to benefit the living is the stuff of morons.
Would you say that to the descendants of Holocaust survivors? Or Japanese internment camp survivors? Of course not.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
There is no other group of human beings in our history to have been shaped this way.
America practiced a unique form of slavery. First, it was made sure that this group came from all over the African continent and from different peoples in order to make sure they could not communicate with each other in a common language their masters did not speak or plan revolts. Only 2% of the slaves from Africa made it to America. America made up the difference by having breeding plantations, just as you would do with animals. Forever owned and traded like cattle regardless of the indecency.

We can look to through history in the world of slavery, and you will find nothing like what was done in here America.
You are absolutely right. The form of slavery practiced here in America was the cruelest, most inhumane system of slavery ever devised.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Science. Can you quantify it? Specifically? You know…isolating all variables. That kind of science.

No. You can’t. All you can do is move forward with the people alive today - none of whom owned slaves, were slaves, sold slaves, etc. This isn’t unique to the USA, or even the West. Gotta move forward.
NO. We can't move forward to a new chapter, until the current chapter is understood and paid for.

protectionist

Governor
You and your family have benefitted from the enslavement of Africans. The African slaves helped build this country. That's probably why your ancestors wanted to come here--the USA was a nice place for White immigrants.
So, since your ancestors benefitted, they are on the hook.
The idea that black slaves helped build this country is a farce. Qualitative measures are created by quantitative measures. If a construction worker building a skyscraper building were to ask me for a small bottle of water to mix into his concrete, and I gave it to him, you could say that I helped build that skyscraper.

Almost all blacks slaves picked cotton. That didn't do much to build the country. Chinese workers on railroads did significantly more to build the country

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Would you say that to the descendants of Holocaust survivors? Or Japanese internment camp survivors? Of course not.
Hi. My grandpa was kicked out of southern Denmark by Hitler. I am owed nothing by Germany. There are lots of dead folks who got hosed royally. Intergenerational back pay is crazy.

protectionist

Governor
NO. We can't move forward to a new chapter, until the current chapter is understood and paid for.
One cannot pay for something if the proper recipient is not alive to receive the payment.
We should be talking about reparations$$ for whites and white males who ARE alive and have suffered discrimination from Affirmative Action programs for 57 years. They still suffer even in retirement, from reduced Social Security payments, caused by loss of income all their work lives.

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Then stay behind. Your call. No backdated mooching. We all move forward together or we don’t. Those alive today don’t owe those wronged by dead people in the past. Only those interested in recreating additional strife would seek such.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I heard on the news that President Biden is offering reparations to certain African countries. Billions of dollars. So, if Biden can do that, why can't the USA give reparations to the descendants of enslaved Africans?

protectionist

Governor
Hi. My grandpa was kicked out of southern Denmark by Hitler. I am owed nothing by Germany. There are lots of dead folks who got hosed royally. Intergenerational back pay is crazy.
My grandparents and my mother got kicked out of southern Denmark too, and they immigrated here in 1929. I never even thought about getting back pay from Germany, until you mentioned it here. My other grandparents came from Mexico & British Honduras, So ? These things can get stretched to outer limits. You could come up with 200 ways of reparations to get paid to some group or other.

Paying reparations to blacks isn't really related to any suffering. It's just another way that Democrats suck up to blacks to get their VOTE.

protectionist

Governor
I heard on the news that President Biden is offering reparations to certain African countries. Billions of dollars. So, if Biden can do that, why can't the USA give reparations to the descendants of enslaved Africans?
Because the whole idea is stupid, in all of those cases.

Last edited:

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Then stay behind. Your call. No backdated mooching. We all move forward together or we don’t. Those alive today don’t owe those wronged by dead people in the past. Only those interested in recreating additional strife would seek such.
We will all move forward as soon as we receive our reparations. If it creates strife, so be it. I'm sure my enslaved ancestors faced strife ( and worse ) every day of their lives.

protectionist

Governor
We will all move forward as soon as we receive our reparations. If it creates strife, so be it. I'm sure my enslaved ancestors faced strife ( and worse ) every day of their lives.
"Your reparations"? Wow. What makes you think you're entitled to receive a dime from the US govt, which could be going to help children in orphanges, veterans missing limbs, homeless dogs & cats, etc ?

Why aren't you talking about reparations$$ for whites and white males who ARE alive now, and have suffered discrimination from Affirmative Action programs for 57 years, and lost hundreds of thousands$$.