• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Late-term abortion

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
……

Once seated around a small round table, the doctor wasted no time getting to the point. She informed us that our baby had a severe developmental abnormality, Spina Bifida, in the cervical region of the spine. Her spinal cord was completely exposed just below her skull. I remember immediately starting to cry and my ears started to ring so loudly I could barely hear her as she continued to speak. I struggled to listen as she explained in detail what we were facing.

The doctor told us that it was unlikely that our baby would survive and should she make it to delivery and live, she would be paralyzed from the neck down. She would be confined to a wheelchair and would likely be permanently attached to a colostomy bag and feeding tube; she would be profoundly mentally disabled.

snip…..

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-late-term-abortion_us_5c5b02c5e4b09293b20a8263

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Here's one from the Andrew Sullivan link.

A testimonial from a Catholic family who sought out a late-term abortion:

At 17 weeks gestation our baby had been diagnosed with major heart defects requiring a minimum of three risky open-heart surgeries beginning at birth, and would later require a heart transplant. At 19 weeks we were finally given our amnio results which revealed our baby also had Trisomy 21.

A surgeon at the major teaching hospital where we’d had our fetal echocardiogram informed us that even if our baby somehow survived his palliative surgeries, this latest diagnosis meant he would not ever be eligible for a heart transplant. As we sat talking quietly in our living room, our priest shared with us that he’d spent time at the same hospital where we’d had our fetal echocardiogram and where our son would have had surgery.

He was there to support the family of a three-month-old who was having heart surgery. In the three weeks or so that he tended to this family, he also met 10 other families in the waiting room, each of whom also had young babies undergoing heart surgery. Sadly, within the short space of time our priest was there, every single one of those babies died.

Our priest came away from that experience feeling that this world-renowned children’s hospital was basically experimenting on babies. He saw their futile suffering and likened it to being crucified. The family he had gone there to support later told him that if they had only known what their baby would be forced to go through before dying, they would never have chosen surgery. Our priest told us that he believed we were not choosing our son’s death, only choosing the timing of his death in order to spare him a great deal of suffering. Something he said that brought us great comfort was “God knows what is in your hearts.” God knows our choice was based on mercy and compassion. Who would better understand our hearts than God, who made the choice for His own Son to die?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
It's good for people to learn why families resort to late-term abortion. Hopefully, they'll then develop some empathy for the pain these families go through.

So, read the stories, folks.

Caroljo

Senator
I don't believe anyone is saying it should NEVER be done for ANY reason. But, you people want to make it available right up until the baby is being delivered. A doctor would know WAY before that if there's something wrong with the baby. There should be no reason to abort a child just before it's born.