• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

My covid experience

God of War

Governor
Thx I should have said a colonoscopy
You're crying over that? ;0)

There is a fecal matter test that tests for cancer. Cologard or something like that. They also have swallowed cameras that you pull from your stool. Swallow it three times if need be.

Make sure you have a good doctor. We must shop for doctors. Look them up on the internet. Talk to friends. Get a doctor who's is not too young and not too old. Pray. He's listening.

write on

Senator
Remember how a 95% sure test repeated with same results increases you result to being +99% sure. Even tests that at 85% sure when taken repeatedly approach 99% accuracy you just take a few more. Strip tests and lateral flow tests of all kinds give reliable results for diagnostics purposes.
Your talk of percentages in the wake of a pandemic is surreal.

What is it with the right wing narcissism?

What are you trying to prove? That the percentage is .05 percentag3 more than what a Democrat claimed?

FUUUUUK

This is the mindset of a typical right winger.

God of War

Governor
Your talk of percentages in the wake of a pandemic is surreal.

What is it with the right wing narcissism?

What are you trying to prove? That the percentage is .05 percentag3 more than what a Democrat claimed?

FUUUUUK

This is the mindset of a typical right winger.
You're a innumerate aren't you? The talk you're following is about how tests with a certain percentage of accuracy when done multiple times with the same result drives the surety to a greater probability of being correct.

This concept is accessible to doctors, engineers, computer scientists, statisticians, ... I hope you look into it. It will inform your life and help you make better decisions for yourself.

I have ZERO idea what you're complaining about.

write on

Senator
You're a innumerate aren't you? The talk you're following is about how tests with a certain percentage of accuracy when done multiple times with the same result drives the surety to a greater probability of being correct.

This concept is accessible to doctors, engineers, computer scientists, statisticians, ... I hope you look into it. It will inform your life and help you make better decisions for yourself.

I have ZERO idea what you're complaining about.
I'll make it easy for you.

What is the percentage of spreading the virus betw33n those are vaccinated vs those that are not?

God of War

Governor

write on

Senator
Have you heard about the BinaxNOW home test kit? That is what we are talking about at this time. We are talking about how good they may or may not be. I'm not interested at the moment in your tangent.
I don't think about that test. I'm aware of the situation and take my situation into account. I don't have a big family so thankfully I don't have go engage with th3 hypocrites in my family. Released!

Don't most people? /s

Say what?

EatTheRich

President
So I travelled the country for work from June 1st 2020 to October 15th, 2021 without ever getting covid. Myself and my immediate family got the vaccine in April of 2021.

Many in my extended family did not get the vaccine and pretty much all of them were sick with covid at some point for 3 or more weeks. One dear aunt was hospitalized with covid and double pneumonia and she just got out of the hospital and is in rehab. My uncle is currently in covid fog.

My immediate family that is vaccinated many got it recently and had basically no symptoms or still haven't gotten it.

I just got a positive test last Wednesday and had one day of some chills but no fever, no loss of taste or smell, and after a day I feel normal again. Just waiting to get out of quarantine.

What was amazing is that almost 2 years into this I almost couldn't get a test. I went to walgreens which has had drive up testing with no appointment and they told me they are so swamped you have to have an appointment. The earliest one was 3 days later (today saturday). So I went to this parking lot where you sit in your car for an hour and one nurse runs around to each car and hands you a test you fill it out and swab your nose and give it back to her. The process was silly at best but I thanked her her twice for her hard work. One person servicing over 100 cars. 4 hours later my test results were emailed and it said positive. So I quarantined.

When I called the medical mutual nurses hotline to report I had covid I assumed they would hit me with a bunch of advice and best practices. They gave me no advice and said they would record it in my mychart. No advice no best practices, basically you are on your own.

Now my son has the symptoms today Saturday. He searched online for a test and the earliest is Tuesday. So he went to the parking lot testing I was at and they have a sign that says "we shut down because the nurses were being verbally abused and quit".

Biden isn't providing testing and he isn't providing extra beds when needed with the biggest wave yet hitting here at christmas. I didn't think a president could blow the pandemic worse than Trump until Biden came along. Hopefully CNN is still tracking covid deaths because more have died under biden than trump.
Glad to hear you had mild symptoms.

EatTheRich

President
Sure sounds a lot like the flu. Most everybody gets it at some time or another but in varying degrees. Some get really sick, turns to pneumonia in some, some die but most are better within a couple of days. Activities don't stop because of it, we treat it and go on. It does affect people with other underlying illnesses more harshly than others.

It's interesting that you and your immediate family didn't catch it until after you were vaccinated. That's proof that people can catch it either way (just like the flu), and that means that vaccinated people can pass it on just as well as unvaccinated. This movement to demonize the unvaccinated is a power play. Pure and simple.

If the gov't cared at all about the welfare of the people they would emphasize the benefit of the right vitamins and proper meals to maintain immune systems. They would provide therapeutics too as soon as someone tested positive. That's not happening. All they seem to care about is pushing the vaccines that are making $billions for the pharmaceutical companies.
The last flu that killed this many was the big one in 1918-1920. Vaccination lowers your risk of infection (by about 40%) … it does not eliminate it. Vaccination makes you less likely to infect others (cuts the average number you will infect if you are infected about in half) … it does not make it impossible for you to do so.

EatTheRich

President
I'll make it easy for you.

What is the percentage of spreading the virus betw33n those are vaccinated vs those that are not?
Assuming your probability of infection is proportional to the infection rate so far, that the relative risk of infection between vaccinated and unvaccinated people is constant, and that there are no reinfections (some simplifications to make acquiring and analyzing the data easier which probably result in understating the overall risk but especially in the case of the unvaccinated), and modeling the number infected as a Poisson random variable with mean equal to the observed mean value

If you are vaccinated and may or may not get infected you have overall a

95% chance of not infecting anyone
1% chance of infecting 1 person
1% chance of infecting 2 people
1% chance of infecting 3 people
1% chance of infecting 4 people
1% chance of infecting 5 or more people

If you are unvaccinated and may or may not get infected you have overall a

68% chance of not infecting anyone
2% chance of infecting 2 people
3% chance of infecting 3 people
5% chance of infecting 4 people
5% chance of infecting 5 people
5% chance of infecting 6 people
4% chance of infecting 7 people
3% chance of infecting 8 people
2% chance of infecting 9 people
1% chance of infecting 10 people
1% chance of infecting 11 or more people

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You're crying over that? ;0)

There is a fecal matter test that tests for cancer. Cologard or something like that. They also have swallowed cameras that you pull from your stool. Swallow it three times if need be.

Make sure you have a good doctor. We must shop for doctors. Look them up on the internet. Talk to friends. Get a doctor who's is not too young and not too old. Pray. He's listening.
I'm not crying over anything

Did the fecal matter test several years back and now doctor recommends colonoscopy due to my Dad having Polyps and my age has much to do with procedure

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The last flu that killed this many was the big one in 1918-1920. Vaccination lowers your risk of infection (by about 40%) … it does not eliminate it. Vaccination makes you less likely to infect others (cuts the average number you will infect if you are infected about in half) … it does not make it impossible for you to do so.
You need check stats of flu deaths 2020
IMO majority that died was not due to covid but due to the FLU

"22,000" IMO is a lie
Had to be covid for hospitals to get $13,000
They didn't get anything for the FLU

No One can spread covid if they don't have covid
If jab is so great why are there so many 'breakthrough' cases?

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Was Trump not prepared or was it the NIH/CDC wasn't prepared. I say Trump can't know and do everything - no president can. We have to depend on the institutions we build and fund over decades. Fauci failed us from beginning to end. He's been a weasel since the height of HIV/AIDS days. We need to tear down the NIH/CDC and rebuild it from the ground up. The idea that Fauci, Collins, and Tedros (at the WHO) are still standing is galling. Failure like that should be rewarded with Seppuku.
NIH/CDC failed WE THE PEOPLE

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I should have said colonoscopy instead of surgery at least hoping no snipping needed

Yeah, the nasty drank kit has already arrived

thx
Drinking the drink before a colonoscopy is the worst part. Colonoscopy is a nothing burger.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those last two sentences are real doozies. I’m sure you know they bear no resemblance to reality and you’re just trying to get a rise out of people.

Anyway, Omicron is running rampant. They say it’s 70 times more contagious. It will be the rare person (hermits?) who does not get infected with it.
So where is all the caterwauling as to why Biden hasn't simply stopped it... Just like when Trump was in office and that expectation was set by the crazed?

The top poster has a point, where is the ticker counting cases minute by minute hour by hour day by day?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Drinking the drink before a colonoscopy is the worst part. Colonoscopy is a nothing burger.
Yes I remember and first memory I had when doctor suggested colonoscopy and I said 'I thought I just had one a few years bakc' and doctor looked at monitor and said '2008' so it is what it is and having Upper and Lower.

Guess it's Fentanyl time again as with knee surgery

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Assuming your probability of infection is proportional to the infection rate so far, that the relative risk of infection between vaccinated and unvaccinated people is constant, and that there are no reinfections (some simplifications to make acquiring and analyzing the data easier which probably result in understating the overall risk but especially in the case of the unvaccinated), and modeling the number infected as a Poisson random variable with mean equal to the observed mean value

If you are vaccinated and may or may not get infected you have overall a

95% chance of not infecting anyone
1% chance of infecting 2 people
1% chance of infecting 3 people
1% chance of infecting 4 people
1% chance of infecting 5 or more people

If you are unvaccinated and may or may not get infected you have overall a

68% chance of not infecting anyone
2% chance of infecting 2 people
3% chance of infecting 3 people
5% chance of infecting 4 people
5% chance of infecting 5 people
5% chance of infecting 6 people
4% chance of infecting 7 people
3% chance of infecting 8 people
2% chance of infecting 9 people
1% chance of infecting 10 people
1% chance of infecting 11 or more people
With the current variants those numbers can't possibly be right. I just got it, now my son has it. My brother had it last month then he gave it to his wife. All vaccinated.

The vaccination lessens the effects of covid and greatly reduces the damage it does and possible hospitalizations but it does not prevent people from getting covid with these new strains.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So where is all the caterwauling as to why Biden hasn't simply stopped it... Just like when Trump was in office and that expectation was set by the crazed?

The top poster has a point, where is the ticker counting cases minute by minute hour by hour day by day?
Tell ya what…

When I see Trump cultists admit that Trump intentionally took actions that created the Covid catastrophe, and apologize for supporting him, I would be happy to discuss how the Biden team can do better at the margins. Otherwise, talking about Biden simply serves as a diversion.

That’s fair, right?

Bugsy McGurk

President
The silver lining…

If you’re watching you’re weight, you can eat a nice fattening meal beforehand. The prep will keep your system from absorbing anything.

;-)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Tell ya what…

When I see Trump cultists admit that Trump intentionally took actions that created the Covid catastrophe, and apologize for supporting him, I would be happy to discuss how the Biden team can do better at the margins. Otherwise, talking about Biden simply serves as a diversion.

That’s fair, right?
See. Thank you for validating my point.

Applying your logic to the situation biden, despite all the tools and his disposal, has compounded the covid catastrophe.

It's not fair in the slightest. Trump's now out of office about a year. The fact that you still have to point to him, and despite the doubling of covid deaths under Biden ... And this in spite of the fact that there's PPE available everywhere, not to mention vaccines.... Serves to illustrate and bolster my point rather thoroughly. I thank you

Bugsy McGurk

President
The silver lining…

If you’re watching your weight, you can eat a nice fattening meal beforehand. The prep will keep your system from absorbing anything.

;-)
See. Thank you for validating my point.

Applying your logic to the situation biden, despite all the tools and his disposal, has compounded the covid catastrophe.

It's not fair in the slightest. Trump's now out of office about a year. The fact that you still have to point to him, and despite the doubling of covid deaths under Biden ... And this in spite of the fact that there's PPE available everywhere, not to mention vaccines.... Serves to illustrate and bolster my point rather thoroughly. I thank you
And I have explained my position in detail. In sum, I reject the notion that the Covid catastrophe brought about by the Trump/winger covidiots can be blamed on Biden in any way, shape or form and I have explained why. You ignore what I have said. So be it. But don’t count on me to follow you down the “Biden’s fault” rabbit hole.