• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Pineapple Express

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Gorebal Warming?

The Pineapple Express is headed to the US (msn.com)

How many will be in the dark
I used to live on the North coast of California, in 1964 they had a crapper load of snow one winter then a pineapple express hit and they had flooding all along the rivers. The little town of Weot literally was scoured off the face of the earth.

Jack4freedom

Governor
I used to live on the North coast of California, in 1964 they had a crapper load of snow one winter then a pineapple express hit and they had flooding all along the rivers. The little town of Weot literally was scoured off the face of the earth.

It seems like Guernville and Sebastopol along the Russian River flood every 5 years or so too. You would think they could figure out a way to channel that water into resavouirs in places where droughts will occur a couple months later. I was watching a national news report a couple years ago which first reported a horrible drought in California threatening farmland and almond trees. The next segment showed some poor family being washed down a River on top of their house. Are we short of pipe here in America?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
We need it bad in Northern California. Very little rain this year. Sierra snow pack is below 40% of normal.

The farmers are praying for rain.
The problem up there is sometimes you get the whole season at once, a lot of stuff out east of Humboldt county burned off which ie real bad

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
It seems like Guernville and Sebastopol along the Russian River flood every 5 years or so too. You would think they could figure out a way to channel that water into resavouirs in places where droughts will occur a couple months later. I was watching a national news report a couple years ago which first reported a horrible drought in California threatening farmland and almond trees. The next segment showed some poor family being washed down a River on top of their house. Are we short of pipe here in America?
The green weenies fought dam building for years, droughts be damned and no not short of pipe, just common sense, forethought and planning using about a hundred years of hard evidence about cyclic drought.
Not to mention paleoclimatology information dating back a few million years.

FakeName

Governor
The green weenies fought dam building for years, droughts be damned and no not short of pipe, just common sense, forethought and planning using about a hundred years of hard evidence about cyclic drought.
Not to mention paleoclimatology information dating back a few million years.
The tax and spend liberals built the dams and water infrastructure.

The "green weenies" didnt exist in those days.