• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Romney: those who question are envious

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
QUESTIONER: When you said that we already have a leader who divides us with the bitter politics of envy, I’m curious about the word envy. Did you suggest that anyone who questions the policies and practices of Wall Street and financial institutions, anyone who has questions about the distribution of wealth and power in this country, is envious? Is it about jealousy, or fairness?

ROMNEY: You know, I think it’s about envy. I think it’s about class warfare.When you have a president encouraging the idea of dividing America based on 99 percent versus one percent, and those people who have been most successful will be in the one percent, you have opened up a wave of approach in this country which is entirely inconsistent with the concept of one nation under God. The American people, I believe in the final analysis, will reject it.

QUESTIONER: Are there no fair questions about the distribution of wealth without it being seen as envy, though?

ROMNEY: I think it’s fine to talk about those things in quiet rooms and discussions about tax policy and the like. But the president has made it part of his campaign rally. Everywhere he goes we hear him talking about millionaires and billionaires and executives and Wall Street. It’s a very envy-oriented, attack-oriented approach and I think it will fail.

Watch the video at the link.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/romney-questions-about-wall-street-and-inequality-are-driven-by-envy/2012/01/11/gIQAJ6L2qP_blog.html

MaryAnne

Governor
Why not say, "It should be discussed in the back rooms filled with smoke where the bag men exist?" Sounds more like Romeny's real thoughts.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
yeah, that's essentially what he said.

Romney is so controlling that he can't even fake an openness that the American people have the right to question our econ policies.

Lukey

Senator
Of course it's envy (for the most part). And, to the extent it is "legitimate" outrage about abusive banking practices, that is the result of (YOUR) big government. Join the tea party efforts to shrink it down and watch Wall Street go back to making money the old fashioned way - EARNING it!