• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Santorum-Gingrich or Gingrich-Santorum?

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Newt was entertaining last night when he made it clear that the enemy of his enemy (Mitt) is his friend (Rick Santorum).

It sure sounded as if Newt was going to be a one-man "go negative" Super-Pac for both himself and Santorum. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next debate. I would not expect Newt to do a "Pawlenty." (I have to believe that someone is going to ask Newt about his "Mitt his a liar" remarks.)

The fact that Bachmann dropped out and Perry stayed in makes things interesting. Perry has enough money to play around the edges and see if folks will settle on him as an alternative to Mitt or Newt/Santorum.

If Newt and/or Santorum manage to get nominated, it also would not surprise me to see a Newt/Santorum and Santorum/Newt ticket.

And I still think that a brokered convention is not out of the realm of possibility.

Jen

Senator
Neither. Newt was just blathering in the moment.

I don't see how they can help each other at all unless one quits and gives the other one his people and those people actually agree to it.

BRU

Mayor
Hey....there you are!

I know this is a little off topic...lol but I couldn't find the thread, have not had the time to figure out how you get to the archives, but I remembered the discussion we were having several weeks ago about McCain endorsing Romney.

Did you catch this? LOL

McCain Endorses Romney as Nomination Race Moves to New Hampshire

Jan. 4 (Bloomberg) -- John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, endorsed Mitt Romney to be the party's standard bearer in 2012, lining up today behind a former rival he defeated in New Hampshire's primary four years ago.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/01/04/bloomberg_articlesLXAI4I0D9L35.DTL

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Bru,

I am not surprised. I have seen Megen McCain supporting Romney.

One of Mitt's advantages is that he has the support of a lot of the Republican establishment.

I know this is a little off topic...lol but I couldn't find the thread, have not had the time to figure out how you get to the archives, but I remembered the discussion we were having several weeks ago about McCain endorsing Romney.

Did you catch this? LOL

McCain Endorses Romney as Nomination Race Moves to New Hampshire

Jan. 4 (Bloomberg) -- John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee, endorsed Mitt Romney to be the party's standard bearer in 2012, lining up today behind a former rival he defeated in New Hampshire's primary four years ago.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/01/04/bloomberg_articlesLXAI4I0D9L35.DTL