• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Speaker Boehner signed up for ObamaCare

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Poor sap can't win for losin'.
Boehner did this publicly hoping he would have something to rag on ObamaCare about.
didn't turn out that way at all. the navigator who was helping him called back to complete the sign up and was put on hold for 35 minutes. the navigator disclosed this bit of info to the press. LOL

fairsheet

Senator
Boehner did this publicly hoping he would have something to rag on ObamaCare about.
didn't turn out that way at all. the navigator who was helping him called back to complete the sign up and was put on hold for 35 minutes. the navigator disclosed this bit of info to the press. LOL

Today's GOP has lost it. What yer supposed to do of course, is film the "event" in private. If it ends suiting your meme, you publicize it. If it doesn't, you don't.

Caroljo

Senator
Not so much a good deal for him......ACA loses again! :) Where's that "affordable" again??? I think that nice "navigator" maybe lied a little? Oh...and I linked to CNN so just maybe you might take this seriously....maybe.

The current cost for Boehner and his wife? They "pay a monthly premium of $433," said Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck.
The new plan for the two of them?
It "would cost $802 per month in premiums," Buck said.
That is an 85% leap. But, Boehner's wife is about to go on Medicare, so he will get an individual plan. That cost? $449 a month.
Boehner's office notes he will now be paying more for one person in the Obamacare exchange than he was for two people in the federal employees plan. Deductibles for the Boehners will jump from $700 to about $2,000.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/25/politics/obamacare-boehner-costs/index.html

fairsheet

Senator
Not so much a good deal for him......ACA loses again! :) Where's that "affordable" again??? I think that nice "navigator" maybe lied a little? Oh...and I linked to CNN so just maybe you might take this seriously....maybe.

The current cost for Boehner and his wife? They "pay a monthly premium of $433," said Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck.
The new plan for the two of them?
It "would cost $802 per month in premiums," Buck said.
That is an 85% leap. But, Boehner's wife is about to go on Medicare, so he will get an individual plan. That cost? $449 a month.
Boehner's office notes he will now be paying more for one person in the Obamacare exchange than he was for two people in the federal employees plan. Deductibles for the Boehners will jump from $700 to about $2,000.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/25/politics/obamacare-boehner-costs/index.html

Mr. Buck is lying. Boehner didn't "pay a premium of $433". But perhaps, Boehner contributed $433 to his premium...and if that was the case, I imagine most of that went to cover his dependent - his wife.

And...before anyone starts crying any rivers for poor Boehner, it was HIS choice to shuck his prior employer-subsidized plan for one that's not employer-subsidized. There was no law requiring him to do so.

Caroljo

Senator
Mr. Buck is lying. Boehner didn't "pay a premium of $433". But perhaps, Boehner contributed $433 to his premium...and if that was the case, I imagine most of that went to cover his dependent - his wife.

And...before anyone starts crying any rivers for poor Boehner, it was HIS choice to shuck his prior employer-subsidized plan for one that's not employer-subsidized. There was no law requiring him to do so.
Ha! That was one of the best excuses I've heard! Lol! Nobody is crying rivers for him, but he's proven that you can NOT get a plan that's affordable. Boehner makes MUCH more money than we do....and at our age (61) our premiums would be just as much has his (over $700.00). Boehner can afford it (and he was proving a point)....I can't. Even tho Boehner signed up (to prove a point) he can afford it, but most rich people are NOT going to sign up. They can get whatever they want. Obama's depending on the young and the middle class to support this crap. It won't happen........

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Mr Buck is lying, Caroljo is being her usual drama queen self, but that poor sap Boehner who lies continually could NOT LIE and claim he didn't smoke. LOL
wonder how much extra is added to the premium for smoking?

NightSwimmer

Senator
Nobody who has employee provided health-care insurance has any business shopping on the exchanges. I'm certainly not going to shop for an individual policy when I currently have a subsidized group policy at work.

This was a publicity stunt designed to impress people who can't think for themselves.