• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Systemic Racism

EvMetro

Mayor
I have heard lefties allege that systemic racism exists in America. I have not seen any examples of this, so here is a thread where people can post some examples of real systemic racism. Please post a link of an actual example of systemic that has really happened, along with a description of what makes the example systemic racism.

EvMetro

Mayor
This is an interesting board, since no lefties here are promoting the notion that systemic racism exists in America. Lefties on other boards like to push this notion, but the lefties on this site apparently know that it is a myth.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
In Ohio 4 years ago,12 year old Tamir Rice was gunned down in the park playing with his toy gun. Had Tamir been white, the cops would never have shot him.

A 47 year old unarmed black man in Columbus, OH was shot dead while in his friend's garage. Had he been white, the cop would've never shot him dead. This happened just this month.

protectionist

Governor
In Ohio 4 years ago,12 year old Tamir Rice was gunned down in the park playing with his toy gun. Had Tamir been white, the cops would never have shot him.

A 47 year old unarmed black man in Columbus, OH was shot dead while in his friend's garage. Had he been white, the cop would've never shot him dead. This happened just this month.
1. You present zero evidence that the Rice kid would not have been shot if he were white. Would the gun cops couldn't tell was a toy, be any less a threat to them if Rice were white ? Your "logic" doesn't make sense.

2. I just watched a video of the Columbus, OH shooting. This adds on to the long list of cop shootings of black guys, which was 100% justifiable. As an information-deprived liberal, typically clueless about law enforcement and guns, I would suspect that you would have no idea why/how this shooting occured.
But to a conservative like me, one look at the video, and it is very clear how and why it happened. Wanna take a guess ?

And yes, the guy would have been shot if he were white, and I can post a video of a cop shooting, a white guy dead, under very similar circumstances.

Attachments

protectionist

Governor
I have heard lefties allege that systemic racism exists in America. I have not seen any examples of this, so here is a thread where people can post some examples of real systemic racism. Please post a link of an actual example of systemic that has really happened, along with a description of what makes the example systemic racism.
I am White/Hispanic. I applied for an assistantship at Memphis State University in 1977. Only 8 were granted. By Affirmative Action, all went to the only 8 blacks who applied. Of the 17 people who were denied, were 3 Hispanics, 2 Asians, and 7 women.

In cases at Univ of Tennessee (Knoxville), Univ of Alabama, and Louisiana State U., I have heard of similar instances. Southern university liberals are overwhelmed with guilt (that they don't have) over slavery, and will do anything to avoid being called a racist, including blatantly discriminating against whites (and other non-blacks).

Yes, those was over 40 years ago, but everything is still the same, In fact, I'd say it has gotten worse. And if Biden becomes president, and the Senate goes Democrat, white children will have a very tough row to hoe.

EvMetro

Mayor

Before we can test this to see if it fits the description of systemic racism, we must first establish that it was even racism at all. Please provide the evidence that proves that either of these shootings were because of the race of the victims. Just being black is not enough on its own, we need to see evidence that proves it was BECAUSE they were black. Once we get this part done, we can then see if it is a systemic problem and not just a couple of isolated incidents.

protectionist

Governor
Before we can test this to see if it fits the description of systemic racism, we must first establish that it was even racism at all. Please provide the evidence that proves that either of these shootings were because of the race of the victims. Just being black is not enough on its own, we need to see evidence that proves it was BECAUSE they were black. Once we get this part done, we can then see if it is a systemic problem and not just a couple of isolated incidents.
Neither of those 2 cases was because the deceased was black. Both cases were cases of self-defense. Police are trained to shoot in self-defense, as soon as it is plausible that they themselves might be shot.

This can be any time a suspect (including children) is carrying a gun or any device which appears to be a real gun (Tamir Rice), or in instances when a suspect's hand disappears from the cop's view. Once the hand disappears, police academy rule is shoot and ask questions later, or else you (the cop) may be dead seconds later.
This should be taught in every elementary school in America.

As far as I know it is not taught anywhere in any school in America- perhaps the #1 deficiency of our education system. If this were taught in schools as it should be, dozens of people shot by police would not have been, and many riots would not have occured.

EvMetro

Mayor
Neither of those 2 cases was because the deceased was black. Both cases were cases of self-defense. Police are trained to shoot in self-defense, as soon as it is plausible that they themselves might be shot.

This can be any time a suspect (including children) is carrying a gun or any device which appears to be a real gun (Tamir Rice), or in instances when a suspect's hand disappears from the cop's view. Once the hand disappears, police academy rule is shoot and ask questions later, or else you (the cop) may be dead seconds later.
This should be taught in every elementary school in America.

As far as I know it is not taught anywhere in any school in America- perhaps the #1 deficiency of our education system. If this were taught in schools as it should be, dozens of people shot by police would not have been, and many riots would not have occured.
I left that poster some clues about what it will take to post an actual example of systemic racism, so I doubt he will be back.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Flashing a white power sign = admission to being a racist.

1609609410870.png

Oh, look, that's Perdue whose runoff election is Tuesday.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Since it is a thread about systemic racism, why not just post an example of racism, along with some links to show enough similar incidents to show that it is systemic?
They're all Republicans. Here's Richard Spencer flashing the white power sign back in 2016 on election night.
1609642914477.png