• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

This administration's handling of covid: 3, 2, 1..FUBAR...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
http://instagr.am/p/CYZhaO4hOAb/

900,000 new cases a day on average, and that's only of those persons willing to take a test or able to obtain a test to take one, probably excluding the ones that are trying to follow the cdc's guidance which is basically a mounting to a bag of convoluted shit

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What a pickle...false hope in the form of an independence day speech..deceiving folk in to believing we were almost out of it, leading to a loosening of precautions, the packing of sports arenas, and all manner of activities. Schools letting their guard down, and then the CDC slams everyone with a hodge podge of conflicting recommendations....and voila... Here we are

Bugsy McGurk

President
What a pickle...false hope in the form of an independence day speech..deceiving folk in to believing we were almost out of it, leading to a loosening of precautions, the packing of sports arenas, and all manner of activities. Schools letting their guard down, and then the CDC slams everyone with a hodge podge of conflicting recommendations....and voila... Here we are
I hear you - you can’t identify anything Biden should have done that he didn’t do.

How about all the winger actions sabotaging Covid containment measures, like vaccine and mask requirements? Do you think they played a role in the increase in infections?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I hear you - you can’t identify anything Biden should have done that he didn’t do.

How about all the winger actions sabotaging Covid containment measures, like vaccine and mask requirements? Do you think they played a role in the increase in infections?
They sure did. Very much so.

See. Adult answer.

Did the cdc's convoluted messaging have an effect?

Did the mass opening of sporting venues, NFL football arenas, NBA arenas and so forth, after a year plus of playing in the bumble and so forth.. did that have an effect?

Is the lack of adequate test kits having an effect?

Did biden's mixed message during his Independence Day speech have an effect?

Is the cdc's convoluted messaging having an effect?

Bugsy McGurk

President
They sure did. Very much so.

See. Adult answer.

Did the cdc's convoluted messaging have an effect?

Did the mass opening of sporting venues, NFL football arenas, NBA arenas and so forth, after a year plus of playing in the bumble and so forth.. did that have an effect?

Is the lack of adequate test kits having an effect?

Did biden's mixed message during his Independence Day speech have an effect?

Is the cdc's convoluted messaging having an effect?
Everything has an effect. Only a complete lockdown with no exceptions would bring the rate of infections completely down. And none of us thinks that should be done. The real question is what should, and should not be, done.

We agree that the winger sabotage of Covid containment measures led to more infections. I think you agree that they should not engage in that sabotage. So let’s look at your list of critiques as to Biden…

“Did the cdc's convoluted messaging have an effect?” This is too vague for truly rational discussion without specifics. In general, I don’t think their messaging was convoluted, or that CDC is to blame for increased infections.

“Did the mass opening of sporting venues, NFL football arenas, NBA arenas and so forth, after a year plus of playing in the bumble and so forth.. did that have an effect?” One thinks reopening did lead to more infections. That occurred, of course, after the vaccinations became available and the infection numbers plunged. Of course, Omicron has changed the calculus going forward, but I trust you don’t criticize Biden or anyone else for not locking things down in the past. Agreed?

“Is the lack of adequate test kits having an effect?” It’s certainly unhelpful but we had a very ample supply of tests until three weeks ago or so. So, no, I don’t think the current testing shortage has much to do with the spiking infection numbers. Among other reasons, the antigen tests seem very dubious in detecting Omicron.

“Did biden's mixed message during his Independence Day speech have an effect?” Again, specifics are required to really address this claim. In general, he expressed optimism in bringing the virus under control, and that was happening. The summer was quite nice. Of course, we then had rampant covidiocy, Delta and Omicron, but I don’t think we can blame those things on Biden. Do you?

“Is the cdc's convoluted messaging having an effect?” You really liked this one - you typed it twice. I answered it above.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Everything has an effect. Only a complete lockdown with no exceptions would bring the rate of infections completely down. And none of us thinks that should be done. The real question is what should, and should not be, done.

We agree that the winger sabotage of Covid containment measures led to more infections. I think you agree that they should not engage in that sabotage. So let’s look at your list of critiques as to Biden…

“Did the cdc's convoluted messaging have an effect?” This is too vague for truly rational discussion without specifics. In general, I don’t think their messaging was convoluted, or that CDC is to blame for increased infections.

“Did the mass opening of sporting venues, NFL football arenas, NBA arenas and so forth, after a year plus of playing in the bumble and so forth.. did that have an effect?” One thinks reopening did lead to more infections. That occurred, of course, after the vaccinations became available and the infection numbers plunged. Of course, Omicron has changed the calculus going forward, but I trust you don’t criticize Biden or anyone else for not locking things down in the past. Agreed?

“Is the lack of adequate test kits having an effect?” It’s certainly unhelpful but we had a very ample supply of tests until three weeks ago or so. So, no, I don’t think the current testing shortage has much to do with the spiking infection numbers. Among other reasons, the antigen tests seem very dubious in detecting Omicron.

“Did biden's mixed message during his Independence Day speech have an effect?” Again, specifics are required to really address this claim. In general, he expressed optimism in bringing the virus under control, and that was happening. The summer was quite nice. Of course, we then had rampant covidiocy, Delta and Omicron, but I don’t think we can blame those things on Biden. Do you?

“Is the cdc's convoluted messaging having an effect?” You really liked this one - you typed it twice. I answered it above.
That's really a laudible effort, not.. considering it comes from somebody who considers Trump saying someday it will magically disappear as a proximate cause of the spread of covid. While concurrently, above, pretending the actual concrete instances such as people congregating en masse, and the failure to order adequate test kits as another example, or somehow too vague for truly rational discussion.

Again, this from somebody who for the last year plus has been lamenting the vagaries of Trump's speech, and imagined orders such as injecting with bleach as things worthy of labeling as actions that help spread covid literally everywhere...

It's really pathetic

Bugsy McGurk

President
That's really a laudible effort, not.. considering it comes from somebody who considers Trump saying someday it will magically disappear as a proximate cause of the spread of covid. While concurrently, above, pretending the actual concrete instances such as people congregating en masse, and the failure to order adequate test kits as another example, or somehow too vague for truly rational discussion.

Again, this from somebody who for the last year plus has been lamenting the vagaries of Trump's speech, and imagined orders such as injecting with bleach as things worthy of labeling as actions that help spread covid literally everywhere...

It's really pathetic
Needless to say, you completely ignore what I said, and instead pretend that the Biden and Trump approaches have been similar, and that consistency requires that those who criticized Trump’s approach must also criticize Biden’s approach.

That, of course, is ridiculous, since their approaches have been polar opposites. But you use your canard instead of actually providing specifics on things Biden should have done, but didn’t do.

So, while your subject line is “This administration's handling of covid: 3, 2, 1..FUBAR...” you provide not a thing to back that up. Instead, you pretend that Biden’s approach is like Trump’s approach.

On it goes.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Needless to say, you completely ignore what I said, and instead pretend that the Biden and Trump approaches have been similar, and that consistency requires that those who criticized Trump’s approach must also criticize Biden’s approach.

That, of course, is ridiculous, since their approaches have been polar opposites. But you use your canard instead of actually providing specifics on things Biden should have done, but didn’t do.

So, while your subject line is “This administration's handling of covid: 3, 2, 1..FUBAR...” you provide not a thing to back that up. Instead, you pretend that Biden’s approach is like Trump’s approach.

On it goes.
No. The topic is well discussed among decent folk who dont deal in lies and deception. I even provide an example of convoluted speech resulting from trying to dance around the CDC gobbledegook, and a link highlighting pending breakdowns due to the overtaxing of healthcare and other systems.
That you pretend you don't know what is going on presently after all these months of lamenting every minutiae of the covid pandemic is laughable and a sad tactic.

Remember when the crazed lamented every death under Trump as each too many. Now ..shrug.
Remember when the crazed went apoplectic vat every misstep...now...shrug

Gatherings then...apoplexy. now...shrug.

Lagging PPE and supplies then....apoplexy. now...but whatever would you have anyone do...shrug.

Bugsy McGurk

President
No. The topic is well discussed among decent folk who dont deal in lies and deception. I even provide an example of convoluted speech resulting from trying to dance around the CDC gobbledegook, and a link highlighting pending breakdowns due to the overtaxing of healthcare and other systems.
That you pretend you don't know what is going on presently after all these months of lamenting every minutiae of the covid pandemic is laughable and a sad tactic.

Remember when the crazed lamented every death under Trump as each too many. Now ..shrug.
Remember when the crazed went apoplectic vat every misstep...now...shrug

Gatherings then...apoplexy. now...shrug.

Lagging PPE and supplies then....apoplexy. now...but whatever would you have anyone do...shrug.
Far from pretending not to know what was going on, I directly responded to your points about Biden. Again, you ignored what I said and reverted to that craziness about how those who criticized Trump’s approach to Covid must also criticize Biden’s completely opposite approach to Covid. That’s fantasy. It’s ridiculous. There’s nothing to discuss there.

If you wish to respond to what I said about your efforts to depict Biden’s approach as “FUBAR,” let me know.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Far from pretending not to know what was going on, I directly responded to your points about Biden. Again, you ignored what I said and reverted to that craziness about how those who criticized Trump’s approach to Covid must also criticize Biden’s completely opposite approach to Covid. That’s fantasy. It’s ridiculous. There’s nothing to discuss there.

If you wish to respond to what I said about your efforts to depict Biden’s approach as “FUBAR,” let me know.
No. We're discussing specific elements of biden's response

Not, for example...drinking Clorox, but instead convoluted messaging from the CDC.

Not, for example, shrieking hysteria at seeing Trump without a mask, but instead the fact that stadiums and are as are packed to the brim

Boltlady

Mayor

Covid containment measures are a farce when a million plus people get delivered all over the country with no safety requirements at all. Well, maybe not ALL over the country. The high end zip codes seem to be off limits.

Bugsy McGurk

President
No. We're discussing specific elements of biden's response

Not, for example...drinking Clorox, but instead convoluted messaging from the CDC.

Not, for example, shrieking hysteria at seeing Trump without a mask, but instead the fact that stadiums and are as are packed to the brim
I was discussing your assertions about Biden’s response. I refuted them. You then started talking about Trump.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Covid containment measures are a farce when a million plus people get delivered all over the country with no safety requirements at all. Well, maybe not ALL over the country. The High end zip codes seem to be off limits.
I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Well. At least you're starting to figure it out. Idiocy begets idiocy.

Anyway...CDC..fubar.... Anytime you're ready...
Being an eternal optimist, I pasted in my post again below. Maybe you can dig deep and actually respond to what I said about your critique of Biden. Which has nothing to do with Trump….