• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What's for lunch?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I had a bowl of homemade vegetable/rice soup, some smoked oysters and for dessert, Calcium and Vitamin D Gummies. Okay, I also had a sliver of NY cheesecake.

What did you have?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
My youngest granddaughter wanted to go to "the place where they cook in front of you" aka Ichiban. I had fried rice and a salmon steak.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
1 dozen oysters on the half shell and 1 dozen oysters char grilled and washed down with cold Corona's
I only ate raw oysters while drinking martinis figuring they'd be cooked on the way down with all that high proof liquor.
I prefer cooked oysters. Oysters Rockefeller is one tasty and healthy dish.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I only ate raw oysters while drinking martinis figuring they'd be cooked on the way down with all that High proof liquor.
I prefer cooked oysters. Oysters Rockefeller is one tasty and healthy dish.
Yes, raw they go down better with good liquor.

In season I eat oysters 3 or times a week in different ways and when I lived down at the beach I would wade out to oyster beds at low tide and set and eat until I couldn't eat anymore but I prefer char grilled /steamed and I have a friend that always brings me a bushel or two in sacks when he comes up this way.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Yes, raw they go down better with good liquor.

In season I eat oysters 3 or times a week in different ways and when I lived down at the beach I would wade out to oyster beds at low tide and set and eat until I couldn't eat anymore but I prefer char grilled /steamed and I have a friend that always brings me a bushel or two in sacks when he comes up this way.
And they're good for you.
Oysters are a rich source of vitamin D, copper, zinc, and manganese.