• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why, Democrats? Why?

EatTheRich

President
EatTheRich says: Just because the CDC budget went up every year under Trump doesn't mean he didn't cut their budget!

Um ... yes ... it does, Holmes. Holy shit.

The CDC budget went up every year. They restructured with MORE money. To try to spin that's cutting the budget is just moronic
Look up baseline budgeting and get back to us. If the rate of funding increase doesn’t match the rate of population increase times the rate of inflation increase, effectively the budget has been cut.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Why in the world would Lefty/ Democrats take pleasure if (IF) VP Pence fails at containing the Coronavirus?

"I think Trump needed someone in that position just in case things go badly," co-host Sunny Hostin said. Co-host Joy Behar added that Hostin was describing a "fall guy."Some people in the audience seemed to applaud Hostin's comments, prompting McCain to scowl in response.

This is why Democrats are seen as not being quite sane these days. What kind of evil person hates the president so much that they want a deadly virus to sweep over the country and kill a lot of people? What kind of hatred does it take to think that way?

I am disgusted.

Any Democrat who won't condemn applauding at Pence's failure can be counted as one of those evil people who eagerly applauded.
For the same reasons that cons enjoyed failures of Obama.

How could cons not be off the rails excited about bin laden being brought to justice? They HATED that Obama got it done. Tried to say “he didn’t pull the trigger”.

The answer to both - because we are polarized. Your selective “outrage” is noted, but let’s be real.

Jack4freedom

Governor
The Dems have already openly admitted they'll wreck the economy to damage Trump's reelection chances. This is just the next step.
Looks like Trump is doing a fine job of wrecking the economy all by himself champ. Red all over the board and still diving again today. Looks like the voters will be lining up for bread and soup by Election Day. The billionaires are selling out and buying gold and all those corporations that Trump gave a 20% tax cut to are handing out pink slips now. Looks like your boy really screwed the pooch this time.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Look up baseline budgeting and get back to us. If the rate of funding increase doesn’t match the rate of population increase times the rate of inflation increase, effectively the budget has been cut.
Thank you for detailing your lie and admitting you did know you were lying when you said the CDC budget was cut.

Question, what was the rate of increase of the CDC budget since Trump took office? Do you even know? Your revamped argument is based on that

EatTheRich

President
Thank you for detailing your lie and admitting you did know you were lying when you said the CDC budget was cut.

Question, what was the rate of increase of the CDC budget since Trump took office? Do you even know? Your revamped argument is based on that
FY 2017 CDC budget: $11.9 billion
FY 2021 CDC budget: $12.7 billion
Annualized rate of funding increase: 1.6%

Annualized rate of population increases: 0.6%
Annualized inflation: 1.7%
1.006*1.017=2.3% annual increase to keep up with inflation and population increase.
CDC budget if it had remained constant in real dollar terms per population: $13.0 billion.

That’s $300 million or2.4% less than the CDC would have if their budget had remained constant.

kaz

Small l libertarian
FY 2017 CDC budget: $11.9 billion
FY 2021 CDC budget: $12.7 billion
Annualized rate of funding increase: 1.6%

Annualized rate of population increases: 0.6%
Annualized inflation: 1.7%
1.006*1.017=2.3% annual increase to keep up with inflation and population increase.
CDC budget if it had remained constant in real dollar terms per population: $13.0 billion.

That’s $300 million or2.4% less than the CDC would have if their budget had remained constant.
So Trump ended the world by underfunding the CDC according to your contrived calculations by 2.4% over five years. OMG, the scoundrel! Damn him, damn him to hell! He was trying to murder us all!!!!

Some of us think that budget deficits are a problem. I guess you're not among us. We should be slashing budgets across the board. Now they're putting another $2.5 billion to start. We have to do it. But to have just spent the money ignoring our insane levels of spending is ... insane ...

EatTheRich

President
So Trump ended the world by underfunding the CDC according to your contrived calculations by 2.4% over five years. OMG, the scoundrel! Damn him, damn him to hell! He was trying to murder us all!!!!

Some of us think that budget deficits are a problem. I guess you're not among us. We should be slashing budgets across the board. Now they're putting another $2.5 billion to start. We have to do it. But to have just spent the money ignoring our insane levels of spending is ... insane ...
Some of us think that human life and well-being are more important than the state’s financial affairs and that the biggest problem with deficits is when after they spike due to tax cuts for the wealthy and exorbitant military spending, that spike is used as an excuse to rob the most vulnerable.

EatTheRich

President

It was 4 years, btw, and feel free to explain how the $2.5 billion pound of cure incurred by skimping on the annual ounce of prevention is gonna lower the deficit.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Some of us think that human life and well-being are more important than the state’s financial affairs and that the biggest problem with deficits is when after they spike due to tax cuts for the wealthy and exorbitant military spending, that spike is used as an excuse to rob the most vulnerable.
You care about human lives, which is why when you and Trump are bailing the boat you keep hitting him with a bucket. Yeah, that's caring about lives. Not

EatTheRich

President
You care about human lives, which is why when you and Trump are bailing the boat you keep hitting him with a bucket. Yeah, that's caring about lives. Not
No, Trump is the one hitting all the scientists and doctors with the bucket for the last 4 years. I am just pointing out the consequences.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It’s not a lie that Trump cut CDC funding and specifically cut funding to prevent global disease outbreak.
Are you liberals merely ignorant or do you choose to spin truth into lies.
Trump did not cut the CDC budget. He cut the rate of increase of the budget for the coming years. There is a difference but I wouldn't expect you, or any of your co-clowns, to acknowledge it.

Why in the world would Lefty/ Democrats take pleasure if (IF) VP Pence fails at containing the Coronavirus?

"I think Trump needed someone in that position just in case things go badly," co-host Sunny Hostin said. Co-host Joy Behar added that Hostin was describing a "fall guy."Some people in the audience seemed to applaud Hostin's comments, prompting McCain to scowl in response.

This is why Democrats are seen as not being quite sane these days. What kind of evil person hates the president so much that they want a deadly virus to sweep over the country and kill a lot of people? What kind of hatred does it take to think that way?

I am disgusted.

Any Democrat who won't condemn applauding at Pence's failure can be counted as one of those evil people who eagerly applauded.
I wrote him for some corona virus prayer beads.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recently lost hundreds of millions of dollars in funding cuts, including a $750 million cut in December. On Friday, President Trump signed a bill that slashed $1.35 billion from its Prevention and Public Health Fund over the next 10 years. Ashley Yeager, associate editor at The Scientist, joins Hari Sreenivasan from Raleigh, North Carolina.

EatTheRich

President
Are you liberals merely ignorant or do you choose to spin truth into lies.
Trump did not cut the CDC budget. He cut the rate of increase of the budget for the coming years. There is a difference but I wouldn't expect you, or any of your co-clowns, to acknowledge it.
He cut it below baseline levels. Meaning an effective decrease in their buying power.

kaz

Small l libertarian
No, Trump is the one hitting all the scientists and doctors with the bucket for the last 4 years. I am just pointing out the consequences.
Yes, Trump steals candy from children, doesn't help old ladies across the road and eats with his mouth open. Got it.

That's inane. He's not doing any such thing. That's why what you have is called a derangement syndrome. It's deranged

kaz

Small l libertarian
He cut it below baseline levels. Meaning an effective decrease in their buying power.
Now you're even contradicting yourself. Before you admitted the budget increased over inflation. You said it didn't increase over inflation + population growth. And even that was you claimed 2.4% over five years, which is less than half a percent a year. Then you said that crippled the CDC, which is just inane.

Now you're contradicting yourself and saying it's growing less than inflation. When you get a single story, let me know.

BTW, our budget is running about 20% too high given our current deficits. So Trump has been overfunding the CDC by about 19.5% a year

kaz

Small l libertarian
Federal tax revenue went up (quite a bit more) every year too ... does that mean you assent to the proposition that Trump jacked taxes way up?
That's just stupid. I don't know what I can tell you. The CDC isn't entitled to a cut and even if they were, that reinforces their budget should be slashed about 20% to get them in line with current tax revenue

Last edited: