• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Another black man kills an unarmed disabled white guy. NO CHARGES!!!

Puzzling Evidence

Free range human living on a tax farm.
I guess you avoid trouble if you can avoid parking in a handicap spot when several other spots are open. I found it ironic that losing her boyfriend the woman got very defiant on the matter of being able to park wherever the hell she wanted. I can't process that. I wish I could find that interview.

That guy viciously pushed a 70 year old man to the ground who was just arguing with his woman. I can't imagine doing that unless I absolutely had to.
Several things wrong with this. The A-hole shooter had a history of picking fights with people over parking spots - a few weeks before, telling a man that he was going to shoot him, calling him the n-word. The man was NOT a police officer and had no business trying to act in that capacity.

You can't process someone not wanting to be screamed at? I would have told him to F off and if he had screamed and cursed at my wife, he would not have been able to reach for his gun, the chicken-sh*t, piece of fake-cop, d*ck-wad.

Several things wrong with this. The A-hole shooter had a history of picking fights with people over parking spots - a few weeks before, telling a man that he was going to shoot him, calling him the n-word. The man was NOT a police officer and had no business trying to act in that capacity.

You can't process someone not wanting to be screamed at? I would have told him to F off and if he had screamed and cursed at my wife, he would not have been able to reach for his gun, the chicken-sh*t, piece of fake-cop, d*ck-wad.
And yet she parked in a handicap spot and insisted she had a right to park any [Unwelcome language removed] place she wanted. I'd have expected her to have said, "I wished I had parked anywhere else to have my boo back."

Puzzling Evidence

And yet she parked in a handicap spot and insisted she had a right to park any [Unwelcome language removed] place she wanted. I'd have expected her to have said, "I wished I had parked anywhere else to have my boo back."
You're right, A-hole should have just shot her instead...

What a selfish *****!

Puzzling Evidence

She should publicly apologize to the shooter for making him shoot her husband, even though the shooter was at least ten feet away and the husband was not moving toward him.

False dilemma (officials can be Black and also have jobs that require them to act in racist ways; it is perfectly consistent to argue both that Blacks commit more crimes and the state is biased; the assumption that racism is a “black/brown problem” in the first place is unwarranted); red herring (the issue of official bias, one I didn’t bring up, is irrelevant to the master discussed above: that according to official statistics, Black people have more reason to fear interracial crime than white people; the issue is not rates of offending but rates of being offended against); false equivalence (pretending the social position of a poor white person is the same as the social position of a poor Black person).
The homicides are in given neighborhoods with given volume of 911 calls. You add up the indicators one by one I've already listed and what you believe on this matter is clearly very wrong.

It is extraordinary that this problem for blacks is world wide: Europe, latin America, and incredibly Africa itself. At what point do you stop making excuses and blaming white people?

Puzzling Evidence

Look, I saw the videotape - it was NOT self-defense. Watch it for yourself. If I shove you and knock you to the ground, that's battery (2nd or 3rd-degree assault in some places) but unless I'm in imminent danger, I can't just shoot you for it - that's a revenge killing.

Puzzling Evidence

The homicides are in given neighborhoods with given volume of 911 calls. You add up the indicators one by one I've already listed and what you believe on this matter is clearly very wrong.

It is extraordinary that this problem for blacks is world wide: Europe, latin America, and incredibly Africa itself. At what point do you stop making excuses and blaming white people?
*Raises hand* what excuss did the [Unwelcome language removed] shooter use? I'm guessing "but she was in a handicapped spot" ain't going to fly?

1. Argument by assertion (you have provided no evidence), false dilemma (I could be right without it being the case that “Blacks just snap”).
More like argument by reasoning. You clearly believe that blacks just shoot to kill and there is no pattern of escalating violence. That is racist to believe that.
2. Straw man (I never argued to the contrary, and my argument in no way depended on these claims being untrue).
You confused me with your use of inter and intra.
3. Straw man (in part; it is only with some very major qualifications that I claim that poverty is the cause of crime); red herring (what does this have to do with my argument that capitalism concentrates crime in segregated urban areas? Not poor areas ... segregated urban areas).
That is just an excuse for bad cultural values.
4. Because you were cribbing from their arguments, and because his refutation exposes your ignorance/dishonesty in detail.
No, they were cribbing from me. I've been looking at this since the mid to late 90's.

Look, I saw the videotape - it was NOT self-defense.
Stand your ground is specific about what is reasonably in the mind of the person using lethal force. Does a 70 year old man reasonably fear for his life in the situation you saw.

Watch it for yourself. If I shove you and knock you to the ground, that's battery (2nd or 3rd-degree assault in some places) but unless I'm in imminent danger, I can't just shoot you for it - that's a revenge killing.
I'm not arguing for or against any party in this incident because I don't know enough facts. I'm just pointing to elements I find pertinent.

Don't put your hands on anybody seems to be the rule.

EatTheRich

President

Straw man (I have not called the rates of offending into question, except with respect to your bogus “80%/90%” statistics which I pointed out contradicts the official data; I am not “making excuses and blaming white people.”)

Why are you making excuses and blaming Black people for the fact that innocent Black people are so often shot by police?

She should publicly apologize to the shooter for making him shoot her husband, even though the shooter was at least ten feet away and the husband was not moving toward him.
Don't put your hands on old men and that kind of shit is less likely to happen. You know if I parked in a handicap spot and got called on it I'd feel wrong about it and move. But that is just me wanting to live in a world of mutually agreed to norms and mores.

Puzzling Evidence

Stand your ground is specific about what is reasonably in the mind of the person using lethal force. Does a 70 year old man reasonably fear for his life in the situation you saw.
No, there was no reasonable fear for his life as the man who pushed him down was not going after him and was merely standing there.

I'm not arguing for or against any party in this incident because I don't know enough facts. I'm just pointing to elements I find pertinent.

Don't put your hands on anybody seems to be the rule.
You cannot shoot ANYONE unless your life is in imminent danger. Stand your ground or no.

The shooter needed to make a clear command and "stood his ground." If the husband had then started towards him, he would have been within his rights to shoot. Only problem is if you instigate an altercation and then shoot someone in self-defense, you still may be held liable.

EatTheRich

President
I gave you the data for the 80-90 claim.
No, you didn’t. Your data show that those ratios are approximately accurate when talking about homicides ... which very often involve spouses and thus in which we would expect a higher proportion of intraracial offending since most people marry people of the same race ... but above your claim was about rates of violent crime in general.

In other words you are moving the goalposts.

No, you didn’t. Your data show that those ratios are approximately accurate when talking about homicides ... which very often involve spouses and thus in which we would expect a higher proportion of intraracial offending since most people marry people of the same race ... but above your claim was about rates of violent crime in general.

In other words you are moving the goalposts.
Sorry, violence is violence. Homicide is the indicator of violence that is least corruptible by white racism. So it is a reasonable stand in for all violence. Your marriage argument doesn't make any sense whatsoever because the issue is black on white violence versus white on black violence. Intra has nothing to do with it. Btw, what are you trying to say that blacks kill spouses more than usual? If you could prove what you say about spousal being associated with homicides shows that escalating violence (my contention) is valid.

Bodies lie in certain neighborhoods and 911 calls come from certain neighborhoods. Local news shows who is committing the crime. Internet mugshot books also do the same. As my neighborhood has become browner so has the crime in seriousness and volume. I actually carry more days than I used to when I got my CCW.

No, there was no reasonable fear for his life as the man who pushed him down was not going after him and was merely standing there.
That would be your opinion as a juror.

You cannot shoot ANYONE unless your life is in imminent danger. Stand your ground or no.
You need to learn about stand your ground. It is about what is reasonably in the mind of someone not any actuality.

The shooter needed to make a clear command and "stood his ground." If the husband had then started towards him, he would have been within his rights to shoot. Only problem is if you instigate an altercation and then shoot someone in self-defense, you still may be held liable.
You can't lay your hands on anybody. There are people out there who are mentally unstable who rant and rave because they have mental issues who'd never or couldn't hurt anybody. Doesn't give you the right to assault them.