• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Awful jobs numbers come out

D

Deleted member 21794

What has Trump done to improve the economy? Let me intrduce you to Jack Shit...Mr Trump's economic advisor.
Tax cuts to businesses and business owners don't help the economy? Rolling back regulations don't help the economy? On what planet?

D

Deleted member 21794

Is that so?

The fiscal year 2009 budget describes Federal government revenue and spending for October 1, 2008, through September 30, 2009. TheBush Administration submitted it to Congress in February 2008, right on schedule, but Congress stated it was dead on arrival. Why? It was the first budget to propose spending more than $3 trillion, it underfunded the War on Terror, and its revenue projections ignored the warning signs of recession.

As a result, it wasn't signed until President Obama took office in 2009. At the end of FY 2008 (September 30, 2008), President Bush and Congress signed a Continuing Resolution to fund the government for another six months. As a result, the newly-elected President Obama passed the FY 2009 budget, folding in $253 billion in expenses for the Economic Stimulus Act. For more on how this works, see Budget Process.

https://www.thebalance.com/fy-2009-u-s-federal-budget-and-spending-3306311

Why no, no he did not...
Don't worry... I'm sure *middleview* is typing up his concession speech on the issue "as we speak". There's no way he'll blame this on Republicans and/or George W. Bush. *Middleview* is far too principled and non-partisan to do anything but acknowledge his error and assign blame to Barack Hussein Obama. No, really!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Tax cuts to businesses and business owners don't help the economy? Rolling back regulations don't help the economy? On what planet?
I keep asking and none of you Trumpies seem to know...What regulations has Trump rolled back?

How much was your tax cut...mine was trivial. Certainly not enough to change my household income...and given the difference between last years tax refund and the amount I had to pay, I'd say I'm no better off.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
D

Deleted member 21794

I keep asking and none of you Trumpies seem to know...What regulations has Trump rolled back?

How much was your tax cut...mine was trivial. Certainly not enough to change my household income...and given the difference between last years tax refund and the amount I had to pay, I'd say I'm no better off.
First of, off course you would never admit you benefited from a Republican tax cut. You're far too partisan.

Now read up on flaring regulations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-18/trump-relaxes-obama-curbs-on-flaring-gas-from-wells-on-u-s-land

If you need remedial lessons on how this helps the economy, I'm here for you.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
First of, off course you would never admit you benefited from a Republican tax cut. You're far too partisan.

Now read up on flaring regulations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-18/trump-relaxes-obama-curbs-on-flaring-gas-from-wells-on-u-s-land

If you need remedial lessons on how this helps the economy, I'm here for you.
Of course...it is far better to burn off the methane than to harvest it. Have you ever been near enough to a well to hear the flare? That regulation plus the epa rule that would stop coal mines from dumping mine waste into rivers and streams were two I knew about.

So are there a lot more people working in oil production today because that rule went away? How about coal? Thousands of new jobs? How about between 1,000 and 2,000 jobs.

Oil industry jobs? Since the rule just changed in September 2018 we probably don't have info on that...

Tax cuts? I was against Obama extending the Bush tax cuts. I'm a conservative and believe that you pay as you go. I understand deficit spending to pull the economy through a recession, but just to buy votes? Nope. Obama should have refused the deal and let the republicans defend their linking unemployment benefits to tax cuts for people making more than $250,000 per year.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
D

Deleted member 21794

Of course...it is far better to burn off the methane than to harvest it. Have you ever been near enough to a well to hear the flare? That regulation plus the epa rule that would stop coal mines from dumping mine waste into rivers and streams were two I knew about.

So are there a lot more people working in oil production today because that rule went away? How about coal? Thousands of new jobs? How about between 1,000 and 2,000 jobs.

Oil industry jobs? Since the rule just changed in September 2018 we probably don't have info on that...

Tax cuts? I was against Obama extending the Bush tax cuts. I'm a conservative and believe that you pay as you go. I understand deficit spending to pull the economy through a recession, but just to buy votes? Nope. Obama should have refused the deal and let the republicans defend their linking unemployment benefits to tax cuts for people making more than $250,000 per year.
You asked about a regulation that helped the economy. I provided it to you. Now you want to change the subject to debating the virtues of flaring? Hilarious. Here, I'll throw you a bone. I concede it's better to pipeline and sell natural gas rather than flare it.

As for being close enough to a well to hear the flaring- you don't know what you're talking about. Yes, some gas can be flared at wells. That's the exception rather than the rule. Most gas is flared at collections points called batteries or further downstream. And yes, I've been close enough to hear the flaring. I've been close enough to see flares at least 30 feet tall and feel the heat from them. What about it?

Furthermore, we can in fact tell how much allowing flaring is helping by looking at the monthly production figures. Here they are for the Permian Basin, the capital of oil and gas production for the United States.

https://www.rrc.state.tx.us/oil-gas/research-and-statistics/production-data/texas-monthly-oil-gas-production/

In fact, the Permian Basin has become the most productive oil field on the planet in 2019. But hey, I guess you'll argue they're somehow increasing that production without hiring additional people. I guess all those oil and gas jobs, many with hiring bonuses and free housing, are a sign that there's no hiring going on to help the increase in production.

https://www.energyindepth.org/the-permian-basin-is-now-the-highest-producing-oilfield-in-the-world/

But hey, I'm sure that has nothing to do with allowing flaring, right?

You asked to know what regulations Trump cut that helped the economy. I provided an example. Now dodge away all you want. Or you can man up and face reality: flaring enables companies to expand oil production.

Oh and by the way, it's not like they're going to keep flaring a million bucks worth of gas per day forever. There are thousands of miles of pipelines being built to handle the increasing oil and gas production.

https://napipelines.com/2019-oil-pipeline-report-permian-basin-production-infrastructure-projects/

Guess what that means? More jobs.

There, I think you've had enough for now.

Oh but yes, I know that you're a "conservative" now that a Republican is in office. I've been one all along. Unlike you, my ethics don't change with the letter behind a President's name.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You asked about a regulation that helped the economy. I provided it to you. Now you want to change the subject to debating the virtues of flaring? Hilarious. Here, I'll throw you a bone. I concede it's better to pipeline and sell natural gas rather than flare it.

As for being close enough to a well to hear the flaring- you don't know what you're talking about. Yes, some gas can be flared at wells. That's the exception rather than the rule. Most gas is flared at collections points called batteries or further downstream. And yes, I've been close enough to hear the flaring. I've been close enough to see flares at least 30 feet tall and feel the heat from them. What about it?

Furthermore, we can in fact tell how much allowing flaring is helping by looking at the monthly production figures. Here they are for the Permian Basin, the capital of oil and gas production for the United States.

https://www.rrc.state.tx.us/oil-gas/research-and-statistics/production-data/texas-monthly-oil-gas-production/

In fact, the Permian Basin has become the most productive oil field on the planet in 2019. But hey, I guess you'll argue they're somehow increasing that production without hiring additional people. I guess all those oil and gas jobs, many with hiring bonuses and free housing, are a sign that there's no hiring going on to help the increase in production.

https://www.energyindepth.org/the-permian-basin-is-now-the-highest-producing-oilfield-in-the-world/

But hey, I'm sure that has nothing to do with allowing flaring, right?

You asked to know what regulations Trump cut that helped the economy. I provided an example. Now dodge away all you want. Or you can man up and face reality: flaring enables companies to expand oil production.

Oh and by the way, it's not like they're going to keep flaring a million bucks worth of gas per day forever. There are thousands of miles of pipelines being built to handle the increasing oil and gas production.

https://napipelines.com/2019-oil-pipeline-report-permian-basin-production-infrastructure-projects/

Guess what that means? More jobs.

There, I think you've had enough for now.

Oh but yes, I know that you're a "conservative" now that a Republican is in office. I've been one all along. Unlike you, my ethics don't change with the letter behind a President's name.
What you cannot do is link flaring to jobs.

D

Deleted member 21794

What you cannot do is link flaring to jobs.
You got pummeled. You know it. I know it. But just to humiliate you even more, I'm going to dumb it down further.

Not allowing flaring limits production of oil and gas. FACT.
Allowing flaring removes limit on production of oil and gas. FACT.
Oil and gas production then increases. FACT.
The need for additional personnel to handle increased production increases. FACT.
The need for additional pipelines for oil and especially gas increases. FACT.
- sub lesson for you here. It is is not cost effective to collect and contain gas at batteries or
smaller collection points. That is specifically why gas is flared.
Jobs increase due to flaring. FACT.

Now I'm going to be gratuitous just to enjoy watching you remain in denial because it is in your DNA to not credit Donald Trump with anything positive. It's quite entertaining, actually.

Below is a link to a chart that shows how much gas has been flared in the Permian Basin. It also includes the volume released via flaring, which has tripled since early 2017.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-10/permian-basin-is-flaring-more-gas-than-texas-residents-use-daily

If you still respond by saying I have provided no link between flaring and jobs, know that you have just outed yourself as either incredibly stupid and/or incredibly DUMB.

I would say "choose wisely", but know you won't.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You got pummeled. You know it. I know it. But just to humiliate you even more, I'm going to dumb it down further.

Not allowing flaring limits production of oil and gas. FACT.
Allowing flaring removes limit on production of oil and gas. FACT.
Oil and gas production then increases. FACT.
The need for additional personnel to handle increased production increases. FACT.
The need for additional pipelines for oil and especially gas increases. FACT.
- sub lesson for you here. It is is not cost effective to collect and contain gas at batteries or
smaller collection points. That is specifically why gas is flared.
Jobs increase due to flaring. FACT.

Now I'm going to be gratuitous just to enjoy watching you remain in denial because it is in your DNA to not credit Donald Trump with anything positive. It's quite entertaining, actually.

Below is a link to a chart that shows how much gas has been flared in the Permian Basin. It also includes the volume released via flaring, which has tripled since early 2017.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-10/permian-basin-is-flaring-more-gas-than-texas-residents-use-daily

If you still respond by saying I have provided no link between flaring and jobs, know that you have just outed yourself as either incredibly stupid and/or incredibly DUMB.

I would say "choose wisely", but know you won't.
Once again...you have not linked jobs to flaring...how many new jobs since 9/2018?
Add to that...why are we paying more for gas now....

D

Deleted member 21794

Once again...you have not linked jobs to flaring...how many new jobs since 9/2018?
Add to that...why are we paying more for gas now....
Specifically, which of my facts do you dispute? And on what facts do you base your dispute?

Also, what does the price of gas have to do with the topic, other than your obvious attempt to dodge?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Specifically, which of my facts do you dispute? And on what facts do you base your dispute?

Also, what does the price of gas have to do with the topic, other than your obvious attempt to dodge?
supply and demand mean anything to you?

D

Deleted member 21794

your own data shows higher production before the september change in rules.
Supply and demand mean anything to you?

Look, the fact remains: loosening the regulation on flaring led to additional oil and gas production. The amount of gas flared makes that self-evident. You are completely outmatched, boxed in and destroyed by simple reality. There is literally nothing you can do. But just to have more fun at your expense:

Does the gas flared represent production of gas that wouldn't have occurred were it not for loosening rules on flaring? Yes or no?

And again, specifically, which of the facts I presented do you dispute?

Edit: @SW48 why is @Bear Claw disliking a post in which he/she/it is not even participating in? Sounds like ratings abuse to me. That said, I like it. It means Bear Claw knows I'm kicking middleview's ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Supply and demand mean anything to you?

Look, the fact remains: loosening the regulation on flaring led to additional oil and gas production. The amount of gas flared makes that self-evident. You are completely outmatched, boxed in and destroyed by simple reality. There is literally nothing you can do. But just to have more fun at your expense:

Does the gas flared represent production of gas that wouldn't have occurred were it not for loosening rules on flaring? Yes or no?

And again, specifically, which of the facts I presented do you dispute?
your production data shows less production not more...compare august 2018....

D

Deleted member 21794

your production data shows less production not more...compare august 2018....
Your dodge is noted. Let's try this again. Gas flared represents production that would not have occurred without the change in rules on gas flaring. True or false?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Your dodge is noted. Let's try this again. Gas flared represents production that would not have occurred without the change in rules on gas flaring. True or false?
Your post is a tad lacking in evidence. Your asking for comments on evidence you don’t provide.

What is your evidence that:

1. Increased flaring led to more production (as opposed to just stuffing more cash into producers’ pockets),

2. That any such alleged increased production led to more jobs, and

3. That no jobs were lost among those whose job is to control pollution.

Good luck.