• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Beto O'Rourke: 'Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47'

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
It's not a secret anymore, dude. Your betters came clean on national TV. I guess no one bothered to tell Adolf O'Rourke that he wasn't supposed to talk about it in front of the sheep. LOL
Don't pay any attention to that nonsense - the left now has to try and use over the top hyperbole to try and put this cat back in the bag. It won't work - it's not like they can pretend they never praised "Beto" as the second coming of Barack Obama just a few short months ago...

No, owning AR15s and AK47s is NOT a right.
Yes it is.

For a while Congress had ruled against private ownership of these guns. ( They were banned from 1994 till 2004) But, then the ban was lifted.
Yes, the government has on occasion overreached and passed unconstitutional laws. Your fellow Democrats made slavery legal through such laws. However, laws infringing my civil rights don't change my civil rights.

They need to be made illegal again.
That would be a violation of my civil rights.

trapdoor

Governor
All of you in support of "assault" weapons bans can end all the fighting about it by simply coming up with a simple, one-sentence, definition of "assault weapon" that doesn't outlaw other weapons that have been used over the past 100 years.

The trouble is, there's no way to do that because semiautomatic rifles with detachable box magazines have been sold to the American public for the last 112 years, and they were never considered "assault" anything until sometime after 1970 or thereabout. My father regularly hunted with a Browning semiautomatic shotgun that has been sold, in one version or another, since 1911. "Semiautomatic" covers most .22 rifles, most target pistols, and most handguns sold for self-defense. The mechanical difference between these semiautomatic weapons and so-called "assault" weapons (as yet undefined), is zero. They all do the same things.