• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Comey vs Trump

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It appears the Democrats in the video were more than ready to judge Mr. Comey. One accused him of destroying the FBI's credibility as well as his own.

As for me, I don't know whether he has lied or not. Neither do you for that matter. Let's not pretend differently.
What we know...Trump is a liar. What we don't know...is Comey. I don't think so.

Jen

Senator
What lie do you think he has told?
Why is it you come here so befuddled about what's going on in the world? Most of us are pretty well read on issues.............you.......... are very obviously not up to par. I'm sorry but it's not my job to make you ready to post here.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Why is it you come here so befuddled about what's going on in the world? Most of us are pretty well read on issues.............you.......... are very obviously not up to par. I'm sorry but it's not my job to make you ready to post here.
translation: I really don't know but I'm not about to admit it.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Saw the interview last night.....Trump did not fare well. Comey appears honest and coherent....Two things that cannot be said about the Donald.
You see what you want to see, which is just the opposite of what actually happened in the alleged ass-licking interview.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Not being a politician obviously does not preclude anyone from lying, so that remains a possibility.
but what lie, specifically, is he accused of telling? Trump made a blanket statement so as to dismiss everything Comey says.

Zam-Zam

Senator
but what lie, specifically, is he accused of telling? Trump made a blanket statement so as to dismiss everything Comey says.
You're not following.

It's possible every bit of testimony Comey gave is absolute truth.

It's possible none of it is.

It's possible some of it is, and some of it isn't.

Whatever you choose to believe is fine by me. Obviously, you're not in a position to know anymore than I am.

If you still do not understand, I don't know what I can do to make it any clearer for you.

Zam-Zam

Senator
FWIW, someone at the Washington Post is not entirely satisfied with Mr. Comey's testimony:

One major area where Comey has some explaining to do

......In a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in May, shortly before Comey's firing, Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) probed Comey about leaks to the press:

GRASSLEY: Director Comey, have you ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the [Hillary] Clinton investigation?

COMEY: Never.

GRASSLEY: Question two, relatively related: Have you ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

COMEY: No.

Comey's responses appear to be at least somewhat inconsistent with a statement that former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe issued last month after his own firing, which the Justice Department attributed in part to “an unauthorized disclosure to the news media.”

The disclosure, part of a Wall Street Journal report about FBI investigations into Clinton's family foundation and private email usage as secretary of state, occurred in October 2016 — seven months before Comey's exchange with Grassley. According to McCabe, the disclosure “was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter.”......

Complete text: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/04/15/one-major-area-where-comey-has-some-explaining-to-do/?utm_term=.2da0fa3f3791

Make of that whatever you will.

S

Sickofleft

Trump is attacking Comey on a fairly regular basis. I think Comey wrote the book to defend his own reputation.

I didn't know about the meetings in which Trump and Comey were the only ones in the room. When it comes down to which version of those meetings you believe...did Trump tell Sessions and Pence to leave the room? I believe he did. Why would the president do that? Did he then ask Comey for his "loyalty"? Absolutely. Was that appropriate? Not a chance.
Did Trump have in mind that he would tell Comey to halt the investigation info Flynn?
Yes. Did Trump care that he was obstructing justice.....nope.

Did Comey make a bad decision to say anything at all about the Clinton investigation? Probably. The FBI doesn't make decisions about prosecution...the attorneys on the case do.
Comey destroyed his own reputation I don't think writing a book is going to help him.

I believe a President of the United States can speak alone with anyone he/she so chooses. You have automatically assumed this President is a criminal so you you think you know he did it for some sort of nefarious purpose.....good luck with that in court, just an fyi "I know he did I just know he did it..." doesn't hold up very well.

Comey lied to Congress when he claimed he had not exonerated Hillary Clinton prior to meeting with her, we know from released documents that is not correct. He has directly contradicted McCabe (who has his own issues) and his AG at the time (also has issues).

Not to mention the fact he came out publicly and closed the Clinton email investigation on his own by claiming no prosecution would be necessary, which was NOT his job. Then re-opened it with a press-release.

Fact is Comey should have been fired by the end of January 2017.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Comey destroyed his own reputation I don't think writing a book is going to help him.

I believe a President of the United States can speak alone with anyone he/she so chooses. You have automatically assumed this President is a criminal so you you think you know he did it for some sort of nefarious purpose.....good luck with that in court, just an fyi "I know he did I just know he did it..." doesn't hold up very well.

Comey lied to Congress when he claimed he had not exonerated Hillary Clinton prior to meeting with her, we know from released documents that is not correct. He has directly contradicted McCabe (who has his own issues) and his AG at the time (also has issues).

Not to mention the fact he came out publicly and closed the Clinton email investigation on his own by claiming no prosecution would be necessary, which was NOT his job. Then re-opened it with a press-release.

Fact is Comey should have been fired by the end of January 2017.
1. This is not a court of law, your honor.
2. I think it highly unusual to have a private meeting with a subordinate who is leading an investigation into the only other person in the room. It lends itself to Comey's statement that Trump basically demanded "loyalty" and I read that to be blind obedience. Something no president is entitled to.
3. WTF are you talking about "exonerating" Clinton before meeting with her? What released document proves that?

S

Sickofleft

. I think it highly unusual to have a private meeting with a subordinate who is leading an investigation into the only other person in the room. It lends itself to Comey's statement that Trump basically demanded "loyalty" and I read that to be blind obedience. Something no president is entitled to.
Comey assured Trump on three separate occasions according to his own testimony that he was NOT under investigation, so you stating this "I think it highly unusual to have a private meeting with a subordinate who is leading an investigation into the only other person in the room"..is false.

Also just curious, when Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch with his wife under investigation by the DOJ at the time, you said what about that?

The memo Comey wrote exonerating Clinton was written months before he interviewed her. That is not what he told Congress.