• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I am shocked, shocked, to find out Krugman was wrong...

D

Deleted member 21794

so now congress is responsible, not the president...first you claim obama added so much to the deficit, but he only had a democratic congress the first two years, a divided congress the next 2, and a total republican congress his last four- BUT IT WAS ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!! now you say bush was just an innocent bystander!!
No. You don't seem to grasp the concept. I hold everyone involved responsible for debt accumulation. The two people being discussed are George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama. Obviously, as president, Bush is responsible for debt accumulation. The buck stops there. The buck also passed through every Senator and House Rep's hands.

Now can you show how much of the deficit Obama voted against as Senator? Yes or no?

redtide

Mayor
what a right wing partisan airhead you are. yeah, you and trump know more about economics than Paul Krugman and the Nobel Prize experts. if trump won a nobel prize in economics you and fox and breitbart and gateway pundit and the other propaganda sites would be yelling it from the rooftops for months!!

do you even see how partisan and biased you are to blow off real sources, real experts because Sean Hannity say so?
oK then Paul needs to get past his agenda and use his "smart" brain to be correct as opposed to lying. So was he an idiot or was he lying?

D

Deleted member 21794

what a right wing partisan airhead you are. yeah, you and trump know more about economics than Paul Krugman and the Nobel Prize experts. if trump won a nobel prize in economics you and fox and breitbart and gateway pundit and the other propaganda sites would be yelling it from the rooftops for months!!

do you even see how partisan and biased you are to blow off real sources, real experts because Sean Hannity say so?
Your lying and moving of the bar makes it abundantly clear you know you got your ass kicked. I made no representation of my knowledge of economics compared to Krugman, nor that of Trump.

You then babble about web sites and Sean Hannity. Frankly, I'm not sure what to make of such silly dodging, lying and subject changing, other than to realize the obvious- you're not very bright.

Now... if Trump won a Nobel Peace Prize, of course I would rub it in your face. But that fact remains the Nobel people chose to diminish themselves by the people they chose to give awards to. And no amount of your lying and subject-changing can change that.

llovejim

Current Champion
CNN poll shows 56% approval for Trump on handling the economy. Just thought you'd like to know going into the 2020 election. And if you think more people will credit Obama between now and then, you're even less gifted than I thought.

Pick a source:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=cnn+poll+trump+56%+approval+on+economy
well, there is no doubt the unemployment numbers have fallen at the same rate. there is no doubt the dow has continued at the same pace. of course, deficits have risen like crazy even without us being in a real war with combat troops on the ground and a really low unemployment and huge profits for corporations, but, hey, that is what you get when you cut taxes for the rich. why wouldn't most be happy with the economy going along at the same rate as when Obama was president, just with increased deficits that most people forget about?

llovejim

Current Champion
Your lying and moving of the bar makes it abundantly clear you know you got your ass kicked. I made no representation of my knowledge of economics compared to Krugman, nor that of Trump.

You then babble about web sites and Sean Hannity. Frankly, I'm not sure what to make of such silly dodging, lying and subject changing, other than to realize the obvious- you're not very bright.

Now... if Trump won a Nobel Peace Prize, of course I would rub it in your face. But that fact remains the Nobel people chose to diminish themselves by the people they chose to give awards to. And no amount of your lying and subject-changing can change that.
you are not intellligent enough or informed enough to read why the Nobel Prize picked certain winners and understand it. that is why you spew such goofy shit. a man has to know his limitations, and so do you.

D

Deleted member 21794

No, the CBO says I am right. Why do you keep repeating lies?

According to the CBO, spending increased by 24 percent from fiscal year 2008 to 2009 — the largest increase since 1952.

Much of that increase is the result of big-ticket items enacted in 2008, including $133 billion for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and $291 billion for bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Obama administration tacked on an additional $115 billion in stimulus spending in 2009. Other big spending items include a bill to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. On top of that, tax revenue is down about $400 billion, because individual income and corporate profits have dropped due to the economic downturn.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/oct/22/freedom-project/freedom-project-claims-deficit-biggest-history-and/
Yes, thanks for pointing out Obama signed for the largest increase in spending since 1952. Are you not aware it was Obama who signed that spending? Of course you're not.

redtide

Mayor
well, there is no doubt the unemployment numbers have fallen at the same rate. there is no doubt the dow has continued at the same pace. of course, deficits have risen like crazy even without us being in a real war with combat troops on the ground and a really low unemployment and huge profits for corporations, but, hey, that is what you get when you cut taxes for the rich. why wouldn't most be happy with the economy going along at the same rate as when Obama was president, just with increased deficits that most people forget about?
Just curios given that we all got a tax cut, where do you get the "tax cuts for the rich" line from? Is it one of your fake news outlets or is it from a TDS sufferer in DC?
BTW, I still have yet to find anyone who can name one tax, executive order, one regulation, one piece of legislation or one agreement that helped the economy under Obama. Can you?

D

Deleted member 21794

you are not intellligent enough or informed enough to read why the Nobel Prize picked certain winners and understand it. that is why you spew such goofy shit. a man has to know his limitations, and so do you.
Actually, your problem is I AM intelligent and informed enough to make such distinctions. For example, giving Yasser Arafat a Nobel Peace Prize for saying he'll stop killing innocent people? Laughable. And Barack Hussein Obama? A prize for.... ummm.... well.... hoping he'll do something?

Have a little dignity.

D

Deleted member 21794

No, the CBO says I am right. Why do you keep repeating lies?

According to the CBO, spending increased by 24 percent from fiscal year 2008 to 2009 — the largest increase since 1952.

Much of that increase is the result of big-ticket items enacted in 2008, including $133 billion for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and $291 billion for bailing out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The Obama administration tacked on an additional $115 billion in stimulus spending in 2009. Other big spending items include a bill to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. On top of that, tax revenue is down about $400 billion, because individual income and corporate profits have dropped due to the economic downturn.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/oct/22/freedom-project/freedom-project-claims-deficit-biggest-history-and/
Translation: I cannot possibly refute the facts you presented. I have no choice but to make a blanket denial. I just hope no one insists I tackle your facts and data individually.

Translator's Note: Debunk his facts and data. Babbling about the CBO isn't a refutation at all, it's running and hiding.

llovejim

Current Champion
Translation: I cannot possibly refute the facts you presented. I have no choice but to make a blanket denial. I just hope no one insists I tackle your facts and data individually.

Translator's Note: Debunk his facts and data. Babbling about the CBO isn't a refutation at all, it's running and hiding.
you give no source at all for your ramblings...and since the CBO is the official bean counter of this country, it is the final word, the supreme court, any other source you might try is inferior. what part of that do you not understand?

D

Deleted member 21794

you give no source at all for your ramblings...and since the CBO is the official bean counter of this country, it is the final word, the supreme court, any other source you might try is inferior. what part of that do you not understand?
I don't need to give a source. I was referring to the facts and data @Raoul_Luke pummeled you with. Rather than try to think your way through a rebuttal, you simply babbled about the CBO.

llovejim

Current Champion
Actually, your problem is I AM intelligent and informed enough to make such distinctions. For example, giving Yasser Arafat a Nobel Peace Prize for saying he'll stop killing innocent people? Laughable. And Barack Hussein Obama? A prize for.... ummm.... well.... hoping he'll do something?

Have a little dignity.
okay,**edited** let me ask you a few questions-

who would you believe has more of a clue who should win a Nobel Prize- some random trump voter on the internet or the Nobel Prize committee? if the nobel prize is not a prized goal of every person in the world in any of the endeavors recognized and awarded, why are the winners front page news in every major newspaper of the world, and universities and even cities the winners come from take great pride in a native son or daughter winning the prize? do you even have a clue how stupid you look trying to act like winning a Nobel Prize doesn't really mean anything? Even for a trump voter, that is incredibly stupid.

Arafat was the first leader of any sort even willing to talk to the Israeli president, *edited*. no other muslim country or leader at that time even recognized the legitimacy of the Israel state..good god. how ignorant are you?

and Obama was a great choice- he ended the torture program the world's most powerful country had began and operated under Bush. that in itself was worthy of the Peace Prize...the world's most powerful country once again becoming a force for good, for honor and morality, and ending the immoral use of torture.

Last edited by a moderator:

llovejim

Current Champion
I don't need to give a source. I was referring to the facts and data @Raoul_Luke pummeled you with. Rather than try to think your way through a rebuttal, you simply babbled about the CBO.
I proved he was wrong, with facts and sources, and you are still babbling like a brain damaged squirrel under a tree. come back when you have a clue and a source to back up your drooling bullshit.

llovejim

Current Champion
Krugman is wrong because someone disagrees with him?

What a strange post.
right on...here are the 3 guys who claim Krugman is wrong, according to the original source in the first post-

Paul Krugman’s arguments do not fare well against evidence in a new book written by economists Alberto Alesina, Carlo Favero, and Francesco Giavazzi titled, "Austerity: When It Works and When It Doesn’t."

who the hell are they? singing waiters in an Italian restaurant? who should the average person believe- a Nobel Prize winning economist like Krugman, or 3 Singing Waiters in an Italian Restaurant?

these were the guys trump voters claim know more than the Nobel Prize economist Paul Krugman...amazing.

D

Deleted member 21794

I proved he was wrong, with facts and sources, and you are still babbling like a brain damaged squirrel under a tree. come back when you have a clue and a source to back up your drooling bullshit.
So you have admitted that Barack Obama signed the 24% increase in spending in the 2009 budget? I must have missed that. Feel free to show me where you did that. Or feel free to do it now. Until then, you are clinging to at least one lie.

D

Deleted member 21794

okay, **edited** let me ask you a few questions-

who would you believe has more of a clue who should win a Nobel Prize- some random trump voter on the internet or the Nobel Prize committee? if the nobel prize is not a prized goal of every person in the world in any of the endeavors recognized and awarded, why are the winners front page news in every major newspaper of the world, and universities and even cities the winners come from take great pride in a native son or daughter winning the prize? do you even have a clue how stupid you look trying to act like winning a Nobel Prize doesn't really mean anything? Even for a trump voter, that is incredibly stupid.

Arafat was the first leader of any sort even willing to talk to the Israeli president, *edited*. no other muslim country or leader at that time EVEN RECOGNIZED THE LEGITIMACY OF THE ISRAEL STATE..good god. how ignorant are you?

and Obama was a great choice- he ended the torture program the world's most powerful country had began and operated under Bush. that in itself was worthy of the Peace Prize...the world's most powerful country once again becoming a force for good, for honor and morality, and ending the immoral use of torture.
Of course winning a Nobel Prize means something. It means leftists like you. Duh.

And on your planet, a terrorist claiming he believes Israel has a right to exist warrants a Nobel Peace Prize? My my, what low standards you have. Hilarious.

As for Obama, he was awarded the prize in 2009. He kept us in two wars for eight years and in his spare time had another war for oil in Libya. The Middle East flared up with instability. Yes, what a wonderful choice for the Nobel Peace Prize! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Of course winning a Nobel Prize means something. It means leftists like you. Duh.

And on your planet, a terrorist claiming he believes Israel has a right to exist warrants a Nobel Peace Prize? My my, what low standards you have. Hilarious.

As for Obama, he was awarded the prize in 2009. He kept us in two wars for eight years and in his spare time had another war for oil in Libya. The Middle East flared up with instability. Yes, what a wonderful choice for the Nobel Peace Prize! ROFLMAO!!!!!
The Nobel Peace Prize involves political considerations. Clearly debatable.

But the topic was Krugman’s Nobel for economics. If you were interested in honest debate you would discuss Nobels in the scientific disciplines instead of drifting off into babbling about Nobel Peace Prizes.

D

Deleted member 21794

The Nobel Peace Prize involves political considerations. Clearly debatable.

But the topic was Krugman’s Nobel for economics. If you were interested in honest debate you would discuss Nobels in the scientific disciplines instead of drifting off into babbling about Nobel Peace Prizes.
Fine, let's stick with Krugman's Nobel for Economics. I will sharpen my criticism. He's too much of a partisan, babbling fool to get a prize. Look how his TDS affected him. It was so bad, he made silly predictions that hopefully embarrass him at least a little bit.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/cp/opinion/election-night-2016/paul-krugman-the-economic-fallout

"Global recession, with no end in sight"... LOLOLOLOLOLOL. The dude gets hysterical. I want my Nobel Prize Winners to be rational thinkers. The way Nobel is headed, @ilovejim could win a Nobel prize.