• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lefties............this is YOU

Jen

Senator
I believe that we need some gun controls. I don't believe in confiscating all guns. My spouse and both children own guns and I don't see why they shouldn't.

I support abortion up to the point of viability and after that if the fetus is not going to survive after birth and the woman wants to abort or if the woman's life is in danger and she wants to abort.

What do you believe on both issues?
My beliefs are the same as those you stated here, Bobby.
Although those beliefs are pretty centrist/ mainstream, many Leftists go a lot further on both than you do. That was what I was stating.

BobbyT

Governor
My beliefs are the same as those you stated here, Bobby.
Although those beliefs are pretty centrist/ mainstream, many Leftists go a lot further on both than you do. That was what I was stating.
Actually you said leftists this is you. You heard from 2 that you were wrong. An honorable person would take it back.

Jen

Senator
Actually you said leftists this is you. You heard from 2 that you were wrong. An honorable person would take it back.
Two Leftists here disagree with mainstream Leftists.

I see no reason to take back my post based on just two that disagree.

I disagree with conservative opinion on abortion (I believe it should be legal until viability of the baby) but if someone posts that Conservatives are anti legal abortion 100% of the time I don't demand they retract the statement simply because I, one person, disagrees.

And your "honorable" threat.............. it's obvious you just don't like me......so why would you think I would care if you don't think I'm honorable because I won't obey your edict? I don't care. Think it.

Caroljo

Senator
People can be and say anything on the internet.

I don't believe anyone believes an abortion is feasible during labor...

I try to be convincing when I explain the difference in all the various Annenberg named boards, but to no avail.

But you believe without question two anonymous folks who say they believe in abortion during labor...

It's a strange world...
Did I say two people? Nope, didn't mention a number. I don't expect you to believe it, but it's the truth.

And I really don't care any longer about Annenberg.......if you're after me to give in, you're wasting your time. We won't agree, so just drop it.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Did I say two people? Nope, didn't mention a number. I don't expect you to believe it, but it's the truth.

And I really don't care any longer about Annenberg.......if you're after me to give in, you're wasting your time. We won't agree, so just drop it.
Yes, you said 2 people...

Yes. It wasn't here, it was on another board. But there were 2 people there that argued that a baby could be aborted, KILLED before delivery, and it would not be murder. There actually are stupid people like that.

The reason I bother you about Annenberg is because you are wrong and refuse to admit it.

Caroljo

Senator
Yes, you said 2 people...

The reason I bother you about Annenberg is because you are wrong and refuse to admit it.
Ok...I apologize, I did say 2 people. I was speaking about the other board that they were on. I didn't go on to say there have been others too (but not on that board). Besides, if there are 2 on one messageboard that think that way, you have to know there's more. They wouldn't be the only 2 in the world.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Ok...I apologize, I did say 2 people. I was speaking about the other board that they were on. I didn't go on to say there have been others too (but not on that board). Besides, if there are 2 on one messageboard that think that way, you have to know there's more. They wouldn't be the only 2 in the world.
Ok...I accept your apology.

No one said it was the only two...but you said it was two. Two here have shown you a different outlook and opinion. So you know more that two "leftists" disagree with the flat out wrongness that "leftists" believe in abortion at anytime...including during labor.

I find it completely ridiculous that anyone seriously believes an abortion is a realistic choice during labor...which is what two minutes prior to birth is.

Caroljo

Senator
Ok...I accept your apology.

No one said it was the only two...but you said it was two. Two here have shown you a different outlook and opinion. So you know more that two "leftists" disagree with the flat out wrongness that "leftists" believe in abortion at anytime...including during labor.

I find it completely ridiculous that anyone seriously believes an abortion is a realistic choice during labor...which is what two minutes prior to birth is.
It IS hard to believe....so I don't blame you there. I know not all leftsts agree with that. I'm sure there are very few that do. But then we have these crazy from one extreme to another, on both sides. I just don't know of any conservatives that think THAT way.

BobbyT

Governor
I'm only asking you to speak for yourself. How many days would a child have to live after birth to avoid being killed before birth?
I don't know. I can't answer that question unless I'm actually in the situation. I would certainly not presume to know for someone else.

gigi

Mayor
So...imaginary people.
Not imaginary people, Craig. It goes this way. A post goes up about someone who did something irresponsible or violent with a gun. Then there's some opining about how stricter gun laws would prevent these incidents.
Then those of us who say law abiding gun owners are not to blame and shouldn't bear the responsibility for those who arent' ar called "NRA Gun Nuts", etc...And questioned about whether or not we care that someone died senselessly.

gigi

Mayor
If you won't digest what I write, why should I bother?

STOP at 28 weeks...as I have said about 5 times in this thread now.
Two things.....

My best friend's daughter just had a baby the beginning of this past October, at 23 1/2 weeks along. He was not viable, not on his own. He remained in NICU until about two weeks ago. He will come home from the hospital sometime next week. He required a lot of special care to help him along for awhile. Little by little, he grew bigger and stronger. One by one the tubes and the IV's and the daily blood tests became unnecessary. Now he's just like all the other babies in the nursery. Six pounds now. When she had him, he was the big bruiser in NICU at 2 lbs As a matter of fact, a baby who weighed 14 ounces had been born that same day. That baby is also very much alive today.

But there are plenty of abortion clinics out there who advertise up to 24, 26, 28 weeks, and even then, the clinics [Unwelcome language removed] gestational age when the mother has passed the cut off but wants the abortion. Huffpo just ran a story a few weeks ago written by a woman who wanted to talk about the completely positive experience she had at the clinic when she aborted. I was thrilled to read it because she inadvertently admitted that the clinic "worked with her" on the gestational age of the child they were killing at her request.

My friend's grandson could have been aborted the day before he was born if that's what his mother had wanted.
Viability as it's used in the way you're using it means nothing. No one can survive as a newborn outside the womb without some kind of help and intervention, and care. Some babies simply require more of these things than others. But it doesn't make them less human or less worthy of life than those who require less care.

All in all, though, I'm glad when someone who is prochoice at least takes the position you do. Believing that there should be a "cut off" for abortion speaks to an understanding that these are human beings being terminated.

Last edited:

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Not imaginary people, Craig. It goes this way. A post goes up about someone who did something irresponsible or violent with a gun. Then there's some opining about how stricter gun laws would prevent these incidents.
Then those of us who say law abiding gun owners are not to blame and shouldn't bear the responsibility for those who arent' ar called "NRA Gun Nuts", etc...And questioned about whether or not we care that someone died senselessly.
Yes...imaginary...

This is the post to which I was responding...

Leftists.
I thought it was clear.
The supporting of taking guns away from law-abiding gun owners pushed by Leftists is what is being talked about here..