• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Matter not what happen in Iowa tonight --- Democrats will sleep well

Lex_D

Council Member
:yo::):yo:
Welcome to the board,Lex. Nice to have you.
Thanks for the welcome MaryAnn. Hope you and yours are well. My 95 year old 82nd Airborne brother and I visited sister in Dayton over Christmas. I see more change in Dayton from one visit to the next. Won't be long till I won't even reconize my old stomping grounds way back as a kid.

Cicero

Mayor
Ahem! This from the people limp-brained enough to put a first term U.S. senator into the most important political office in the history of the world during a time of converging crisis and when said candidate had no meaningful history of leadership or management experience?

I suppose that the next thing you are going to do is advise us to all run out and purchase a Chevy Volt.

P

PACE

Good thing "voodoo economics" isn't the platform. Americans know how our economics are after 3 years of Obama and they will vote on that.
jen, the truth is we stop bleeding jobs under Obama, we were bleeding horribly under Bush, I agree the economy isn't where everyone would like it to be, but to go back to the days of "unreasonable exuberance" as Green span called it would be even worse for us.

Regads
Pace

lilly

Council Member
Lol, your prediction is noted. Pick anyone but Mitt please, since the closest one is about 10 points off at present.
Anyone but Mitt, so true but I really don't think we have a thing to worry about when it comes to that man getting the nomination. They said if Romney came in second to Ron Paul, he would still be considered somewhat strong but to come in tied or second to Santorum, he certainly would be considered weak.

Don't count Newt out, he will not do well in N.H. imho but he has been tops in the polls all of December in South Carolina. He has a lot of baggage but if I were a Republican, I would pick him.

To have these two win within eight votes of each other and the second place to surge the way he did to beat Romney tells me a lot about the indecisiveness surrounding Romney.

Edit: ooops meant to welcome you Lex_D

MaryAnne

Governor
:yo::):yo:

Thanks for the welcome MaryAnne. Hope you and yours are well. My 95 year old 82nd Airborne brother and I visited sister in Dayton over Christmas. I see more change in Dayton from one visit to the next. Won't be long till I won't even reconize my old stomping grounds way back as a kid.
You are welcome,Lex. Truthfully I do not recognize my Husbands old stomping ground of Lenoir City and Pigeon Forge. I remember PF as a two lane highway.There was a kiddy race track there and that was about it.
The times they are a changin' but the Dayton Daily had a good article about how manufacturing was coming back. Cannot get experienced help.

You should see how Englewood,(Clayton,) has changed since we built here.We used to have open fields all around. Caterpillar just built a huge distribution center across from the Vocational School so they could get help straight out of high school.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Good thing "voodoo economics" isn't the platform. Americans know how our economics are after 3 years of Obama and they will vote on that.
It has been three years of moving in the opposite direction, but I wish that we were recovering at a faster pace. Still, slow progress beats speedy decline every day of the week.

LaurieAnnM

Council Member
Ahem! This from the people limp-brained enough to put a first term U.S. senator into the most important political office in the history of the world during a time of converging crisis and when said candidate had no meaningful history of leadership or management experience?

I suppose that the next thing you are going to do is advise us to all run out and purchase a Chevy Volt.
A Chevy Volt..timely and funny, Cic.

You know I haven't been too into any of the debates but very sparingly watching and paying attention to them. Mostly it has been among the GOP contenders such a gaggle of characters. Much more so an eclectic mix of types coming from the GOP this election season ,more than most. Just haven't been taking it very seriously. But now that Romney has won the caucus I suppose if anyone could even give Obama a run for his money, it may be Romney with his private sector background. As it is clearly the economy and jobs that most Americans are concerned with now.

Hope your holidays were nice. And wishing you and all a very Happy New Year.

Said hello to ba (aureole) a bit earlier today. I can see you're as cool and fiesty as ever as well, Cicero.

Just wanted to chime in and say hello. Intesresting thread from the top poster.

~LAM

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I slept very well. I saw Romney's plastic/uninspirational speech. I saw Gingrich's speech in which he announced blitzkrieg against Romney. I saw Santorum's speech and realized that he'll be in strong at least until SC and might do well enough and raise enough funds to last a little longer. Santorum hasn't really beeb vetted by the media and might get Romney-boated. I saw Ron Paul do well in Iowa and got to remind myself that his core supporters will never support Romney or Santorum.