• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

McConnell calls for entitlement cuts....to ease disturbing debt

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Of the two of us, one knows and the other does not. I'm looking at my paycheck. You're source of information is what?

I've been a computer programmer since 1975. It would be easy for you to look up what programmers with that much experience would be paid, if you really wanted to know.
if only $100K that's not anything to brag of for 43 years of work
hell, I can sell $100K in corn a day

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Of the two of us, one knows and the other does not. I'm looking at my paycheck. You're source of information is what?

I've been a computer programmer since 1975. It would be easy for you to look up what programmers with that much experience would be paid, if you really wanted to know.
Congrats on the fruits of your hard work. Others shouldn't do same to attain the earnings they desire?

Spamature

President
1. You knew that was coming.

2. Taxes were cut for the wealthy with expected rise in deficits and debt to also create a reason to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/mcconnell-calls-for-cutting-government-programs-to-deal-with-disturbing-debt

3. But WHY would McConnell do this right before the midterms? Is it a Republican party death wish?
I do not understand why every Dem everywhere is not running on THIS.

All they have to do is say interest payments on the rapidly accelerated debt and deficits are now one of largest expenditures of tax revenue. Which leavse only two choices. Take the corporate tax cuts back or...

Last edited:
Er, I should withdraw my congrats? Or you're affirming you are against people striving and succeeding, like you ?
He's engaging in typical leftist selfishness, like the type we see from the Steve Jobs' and Warren Buffetts of the world, where they exploit tax, patent, or monopoly laws for their own massive financial gain, then want to close the door behind them to keep the competition out.

We saw the same behavior in the Democrat party, where old guard party elites like the Clintons, Pelosi, Schumer, and Feinstein held down young party upstarts for decades while they consolidated power.

1. You knew that was coming.

2. Taxes were cut for the wealthy with expected rise in deficits and debt to also create a reason to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/mcconnell-calls-for-cutting-government-programs-to-deal-with-disturbing-debt

3. But WHY would McConnell do this right before the midterms? Is it a Republican party death wish?
Your link:

"McConnell’s comments give Democrats more fodder for an argument that they’ve been making in campaigns across the map: That the GOP will ultimately try to pay for its tax cuts by slashing social programs.

"The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projected that the GOP tax cuts would add $1.9 trillion to the national debt over the next decade.

"The loss of government revenue from the cuts has been a larger proportional loss than what was caused by the Great Recession, according to the New York Times."

Mitch and other Republicans haven't stopped celebrating their Kavanaugh "victory". Possibly this announcement was just applying a little more salt in Democrat's wounds, or maybe Mitch expects voter suppression efforts will allow Republicans to maintain control of congress after next month's mid-terms?

sear

Mayor
I welcome Majority Leader McConnell's (R-KY) company on my side of this issue.
But McConnell's methodology is despicable.

"What's pernicious about deficits for conservatives is this. It makes big government cheap. What we're doing, we're turning to the country, the "conservative" administration turns to the country and says: We're going to give you a dollar's worth of government, we're going to charge you seventy five cents for it. And we're going to let your kids pay the other quarter." George Will Nov 30, 2003

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
He's engaging in typical leftist selfishness, like the type we see from the Steve Jobs' and Warren Buffetts of the world, where they exploit tax, patent, or monopoly laws for their own massive financial gain, then want to close the door behind them to keep the competition out.

We saw the same behavior in the Democrat party, where old guard party elites like the Clintons, Pelosi, Schumer, and Feinstein held down young party upstarts for decades while they consolidated power.
Yep, especially when he posted he pays his son $12 @ hour to Manage the fast food joint...……..while bragging he makes $100K...……...just think what wait-staff makes!

"What's pernicious about deficits for conservatives is this. It makes big government cheap. What we're doing, we're turning to the country, the "conservative" administration turns to the country and says: We're going to give you a dollar's worth of government, we're going to charge you seventy five cents for it. And we're going to let your kids pay the other quarter." George Will Nov 30, 2003
George Will is a nutless Democrat shill. He pretended to be offended when Bush cut taxes, then was silent when Obama extended the cuts and made them permanent (just like all of you people).

Bugsy McGurk

President
Your link:

"McConnell’s comments give Democrats more fodder for an argument that they’ve been making in campaigns across the map: That the GOP will ultimately try to pay for its tax cuts by slashing social programs.

"The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projected that the GOP tax cuts would add $1.9 trillion to the national debt over the next decade.

"The loss of government revenue from the cuts has been a larger proportional loss than what was caused by the Great Recession, according to the New York Times."

Mitch and other Republicans haven't stopped celebrating their Kavanaugh "victory". Possibly this announcement was just applying a little more salt in Democrat's wounds, or maybe Mitch expects voter suppression efforts will allow Republicans to maintain control of congress after next month's mid-terms?
Trump even said his public ridicule of Christine Ford was justified because....it worked. He “won.”

Utterly deplorable.

Bugsy McGurk

President

As the fatcats say....

“Cha-ching! Thanks suckers!”

;-)

sear

Mayor
"George Will is a nutless Democrat shill." mm #35
Harvard President Larry Summers (served as Tres. Sec. @ Clinton 2nd Term) raised deliberately provocative but un-PC questions about biological ( intellectual) differences between men & women. A minor fluff-up resulted. Summers has apologized 3 times so far. ABC-TV's George Will responds:

"Summers simply forgot where he was. He thought he was at a place where there was free intellectual inquiry. He wasn't. He was at Harvard. He was on an American campus, where certain ideas simply can't be thought. The idea that there might be innate, which is to say genetically based cognitive differences between the sexes is not a radical thought. There's a huge body of science investigating it. By mentioning it, he induced in that poor woman [MIT Professor Nancy Hopkins] something like a clinical description of Freudian hysteria. She was going to fall down on the carpet and swoon with vapors and muss up her crinolines. This is what feminism has produced? This frail flower who can't stand to be in the presence of an idea like that."

"This major grovel's ridiculous. All he's done is dramatize that Harvard like most American campuses believes in diversity in everything but thought."
Will

I see what you mean mm. ALL the Democrats are saying that!

sear

Mayor
PS
BG #37

Alright.
The problem is, these scoundrels of both parties are raiding the $treasury!

"They would have us borrow $700 $Billion $Dollars over the next ten years, to give a tax cut of about a $hundred $thousand $dollars each to folks who are already $millionaires." U.S. President Obama 2010