• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

New York first case March 1

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
ah ha... so now everybody listens to trump. thats a stark contrast to most positions here, including yours...
The left says Trump lies every time he opens his mouth. So had he said on January 20th "we have to shut down and quarantine today", he would have been run out of town by the left who would say he is ruining the country.

As we know he is doing the best he can. He and any administration would make mistakes as this virus and the medical community are changing their recommendations on a daily basis.

People that are criticizing are doing for pure political reasons which in an election year is expected.

I won't be voting for either current candidate as my vote in a swing state is earned. But could you imagine if Trump wins the TDS people here will explode.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The left says Trump lies every time he opens his mouth. So had he said on January 20th "we have to shut down and quarantine today", he would have been run out of town by the left who would say he is ruining the country.

As we know he is doing the best he can. He and any administration would make mistakes as this virus and the medical community are changing their recommendations on a daily basis.

People that are criticizing are doing for pure political reasons which in an election year is expected.

I won't be voting for either current candidate as my vote in a swing state is earned. But could you imagine if Trump wins the TDS people here will explode.
An interesting article for your review...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

I'm having a hell of a good time..

the armchair QBs say trumpie should have done a, b, c and d..immediately. he wasted so much time, they say...

but, confronted with examples like this...they bend over backwards to excuse.. or have dick to say...because....it doesn suit their narrative..

FACT: it's a hell of a call to ruin the economy.... but a pass when you get below all the screeds..and faultfinding..

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
For those interested in shifting attention from Trump’s buffoonery to NY officials...

A timely article explaining how NY officials were misled by disinformation from Team Trump, and how the absence of testing thwarted the early hope of controlling the spread through identification of infections, isolation, and tracing.
So NY officials have nothing to do with Trump for 3 years and say he is a liar about everything he says, but then the virus comes and they believe every word he says like gospel...

I would call that strange behavior for a human but I realize politicians and PJ posters are sheep.

Think about it Bugsy believes and blindly supports every single thing his "side" tells him to believe. Then he reposts it here in every single thread. His side is always right and the other side is always wrong. When in the case of a virus no one knows what is right and what is wrong and you do the best you can.

I'm willing to bet he didn't post one bad thing about the handling of the H1N1 or Ebola viruses do to who was president then and now.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I'm having a hell of a good time..

the armchair QBs say trumpie should have done a, b, c and d..immediately. he wasted so much time, they say...

but, confronted with examples like this...they bend over backwards to excuse.. or have dick to say...because....it doesn suit their narrative..

FACT: it's a hell of a call to ruin the economy.... but a pass when you get below all the screeds..and faultfinding..
The best one is Pelosi on February 24th actually in the crowded streets of Chinatown publicly addressing everyone saying there are no cases of coronavirus in Chinatown, come on out and eat and shop here.

And of course the democratic debate on February 19th where not one question was about coronavirus.

I personally don't blame either pelosi or the democrats for their stance then. Because that is what everyone thought. That it was just a little bit worse version of the flu.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The best one is Pelosi on February 24th actually in the crowded streets of Chinatown publicly addressing everyone saying there are no cases of coronavirus in Chinatown, come on out and eat and shop here.

And of course the democratic debate on February 19th where not one question was about coronavirus.

I personally don't blame either pelosi or the democrats for their stance then. Because that is what everyone thought. That it was just a little bit worse version of the flu.

yes. but apparently their understanding is allowed to evolve over time. trump, not so much. (which is not to be confused as an endorsement of trump)

Bugsy McGurk

President
So NY officials have nothing to do with Trump for 3 years and say he is a liar about everything he says, but then the virus comes and they believe every word he says like gospel...

I would call that strange behavior for a human but I realize politicians and PJ posters are sheep.

Think about it Bugsy believes and blindly supports every single thing his "side" tells him to believe. Then he reposts it here in every single thread. His side is always right and the other side is always wrong. When in the case of a virus no one knows what is right and what is wrong and you do the best you can.

I'm willing to bet he didn't post one bad thing about the handling of the H1N1 or Ebola viruses do to who was president then and now.
Actually, I prefer to stick with what I actually say.

And when an epidemic attacks like this, state and local leaders have little choice but to believe what comes out of the federal government. And Trump misled America across the board. Criticizing those who believed him is obviously misplaced.

EatTheRich

President

The only people who believed that were the ones who ignored the medical community and substituted the “expert” advice of Trump.

EatTheRich

President
yes. but apparently their understanding is allowed to evolve over time. trump, not so much. (which is not to be confused as an endorsement of trump)
Their “understanding” has changed as the situation on the ground has changed ... what was appropriate before there was community spread is not the same as what is appropriate after community spread has begun.

What Trump tried to change (unlike Pelosi, Schumer, etc.) was the past ... he lied about his record and theirs by claiming for himself and ascribing to them positions that had never been held.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
The only people who believed that were the ones who ignored the medical community and substituted the “expert” advice of Trump.
So you believe Pelosi and everyone at the Democratic convention were substituting Trumps advice and ignoring the medical community?

Would be great to know what Eat the rich was posting about it on January 31st

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Their “understanding” has changed as the situation on the ground has changed ... what was appropriate before there was community spread is not the same as what is appropriate after community spread has begun.

What Trump tried to change (unlike Pelosi, Schumer, etc.) was the past ... he lied about his record and theirs by claiming for himself and ascribing to them positions that had never been held.
Pelosi's position was well known when on February 24th she was in crowded chinatown telling everyone to come out and eat and shop in china town like she was doing.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Excellent. Seems a routine thing

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Since first case in NY 86% that have died had underlying health issues, high blood pressure and diabetes were 2 just reported on nightly news...…….

NYC have more cases than the whole country of Spain which was #1 in cases...….

Social Distancing is not NYC Train #2 at 6pm packed like a Sardine Can, evidently.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You prove you've never been to WAR...…………...or been in charge of anything of importance.

EatTheRich

President
So you believe Pelosi and everyone at the Democratic convention were substituting Trumps advice and ignoring the medical community?

Would be great to know what Eat the rich was posting about it on January 31st
As you know, my posting history is searchable as is yours.

Pelosi, etc., were careful to stress caution in ways that Trump was not.

EatTheRich

President
Pelosi's position was well known when on February 24th she was in crowded chinatown telling everyone to come out and eat and shop in china town like she was doing.
She was saying, accurately, that it was as safe to go to Chinatown as anywhere else in the city. When liberal mayors and governors started shutting down restaurants, everyone on your side of the political aisle without exception attacked them as hysterical enemies of the President.

For those interested in shifting attention from Trump’s buffoonery to NY officials...

A timely article explaining how NY officials were misled by disinformation from Team Trump, and how the absence of testing thwarted the early hope of controlling the spread through identification of infections, isolation, and tracing.
Yet another batch of Democrats easily fooled by Trump, who you people say is so stupid. LOL! Just how dumb are your fellow death-cultists?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
She was saying, accurately, that it was as safe to go to Chinatown as anywhere else in the city. When liberal mayors and governors started shutting down restaurants, everyone on your side of the political aisle without exception attacked them as hysterical enemies of the President.
I definitely don't have a side. My vote is earned.

Pelosi was in china town saying party on on February 24th and you are saying she was warning her constituents? Something doesn't add up here.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I definitely don't have a side. My vote is earned.

Pelosi was in china town saying party on on February 24th and you are saying she was warning her constituents? Something doesn't add up here.
well that's different
just as with the female Mayor of Chicago that closed hair salons but was seen getting her hair cut/styled yesterday, these EO's are just for we peon's

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Well, ain't that special: (in my best church lady voice)

March 2nd Cuomo said:

“Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers — I speak for the mayor also on this one — we think we have the best health care system on the planet right here in New York,” Cuomo said on March 2 during a press conference. “So, when you’re saying, what happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.”

March 5th Blasio said carry on with life as usual, don't worry.

Last edited: