• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Proving Trump has no soul, no conscience

I have lived in San Antonio (mid-90's) and in the Austin area (Dripping Springs). We LOVED Texas...and Blue Bell is the good stuff for sure.

BTW: Decent brisket cannot be had in the Pacific Northwest unless one makes it himself...the Chinook Salmon, however, is brilliant. :)
I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream-n-shit.

EatTheRich

President
Is it really? ha ha

Murders have gone down too. Should we celebrate that? Who can we credit for that? Maybe we should even make murder legal by reforming the criminal justice system. Now that sounds good. ha ha
I would say it’s something to be celebrated. The causes are complex but I think the women’s lib movement’s successes have a lot to do with it. Anyway, if politicians really wanted to stop abortions they would pursue policies that have the proven effect of lowering abortion rates ... liberalizing abortion laws, expanding access to contraception and sex Ed, and systematically eliminating sexist inequalities in society. Abortion restrictions aren’t about stopping abortions ... if they were the proponents would have given up when they noticed that they were counterproductive ... they are about establishing the principle that working-class women’s bodies don’t belong to them, and fueling sexual exploitation of women.

I would say it’s something to be celebrated. The causes are complex but I think the women’s lib movement’s successes have a lot to do with it. Anyway, if politicians really wanted to stop abortions they would pursue policies that have the proven effect of lowering abortion rates ... liberalizing abortion laws, expanding access to contraception and sex Ed, and systematically eliminating sexist inequalities in society. Abortion restrictions aren’t about stopping abortions ... if they were the proponents would have given up when they noticed that they were counterproductive ... they are about establishing the principle that working-class women’s bodies don’t belong to them, and fueling sexual exploitation of women.
No reducing abortion is down to creating pro-life laws and convincing American women that if illegal women can raise a family so can they. After all illegal women's hardships are even greater.

Failing that women need to realize that when 50% of today's abortion seekers already had at least 1 other abortion just doesn't cut it anymore. They need to get contraception or they need to keep their legs crossed.

EatTheRich

President
No reducing abortion is down to creating pro-life laws and convincing American women that if illegal women can raise a family so can they. After all illegal women's hardships are even greater.

Failing that women need to realize that when 50% of today's abortion seekers already had at least 1 other abortion just doesn't cut it anymore. They need to get contraception or they need to keep their legs crossed.
Or, we as a society need to address the conditions that make women unwilling to bring children into this world. Btw most women who have abortions were using contraception, and it failed.

The most “pro-life” law (if we accept the dubious claim that reducing abortions is in and of itself pro-life) we could adopt would be mandating equal pay for women so fewer women sought abortions out of poverty or to avoid being forced into marriage with unsuitable men.

Or, we as a society need to address the conditions that make women unwilling to bring children into this world.
Adoption. I've known women who have done it.
Btw most women who have abortions were using contraception, and it failed.
Were they really? Really!?!
The most “pro-life” law (if we accept the dubious claim that reducing abortions is in and of itself pro-life) we could adopt would be mandating equal pay for women so fewer women sought abortions out of poverty or to avoid being forced into marriage with unsuitable men.
No. Pro-life laws will once again sanctify human life and society will begin to be less violent (in the streets of the hood). There is a lie in the equal pay thing. Sure, equal pay for equal work and equal experience. And no, if women are fvcking men who aren't suitable to marry, they need to be responsible for that.

Last edited: