• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Wulk

Wahbooz

Governor
:) xxx

We will have more details and Wulk's daughters name in a couple of weeks, one has to buy the info, not out of meanness but because I am absolutely skint for the next two weeks, unless surprise pennies come in before then, I can't - The newspaper man was so sweet he looked everywhere, he made me laugh when he said he had phoned the vicar ------------ But he couldn't help except to tell me that there is a Veterans Charity in his home town which one can only contact by post which I shall do -

Mary Tudor eh? Ssssshhh no worries I won't tell - The BBC are doing a really good 'costume drama' of Thomas Cromwell ( Henry VIII's time ) called Wolf Hall.

As I get info I'll let you know - but 'cos it will be by post from now on none will be immediate xxx
Where can we buy the info from?

Actually Mary Tudor was the instrument of her death, as well as his. I'm sure you know the names of both of them now. And along came Mary Stuart, and her attempt to take the throne. Poor saps all seemed to be related, and faced the same fate.

We have the series Reign here, which is very loosely 'based' on Stuarts life. Perhaps pieces are factual, but who is here to discredit it now?

Where can we buy the info from?

Actually Mary Tudor was the instrument of her death, as well as his. I'm sure you know the names of both of them now. And along came Mary Stuart, and her attempt to take the throne. Poor saps all seemed to be related, and faced the same fate.

We have the series Reign here, which is very loosely 'based' on Stuarts life. Perhaps pieces are factual, but who is here to discredit it now?
Anyone can buy a copy of any death cert, I had hoped to find out by other means though, not just 'cos money is tight but it also feels somehow intrusive, or am I being over sensitive? Probably -------- But it will have the name of the informant on it and that way we might be able to find his daughter - Trying the Veterans from his home town first seems a good plan though, don't you think? But if you want info on buying his Cert I'll get it to you more secretly than out here on the open board.

I never understood people putting their heads on the block for a Crown - but they did - still they had God on their side eh? ;-) Wolf Hall is based on an admired Historians work - but yes of course the next on the Throne often told fibs about ones who had come before - it seems for eg that the Princes in the Tower was a complete fabrication -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gfy02

Lately I haven't watched many Costume Dramas - the BBC do them beautifully but I dunno they have been so - well just pretty but without substance - I am really enjoying this one though - I don't have a TV but watch things I am interested in on 'catch up' .

xxx

Last edited:

Wahbooz

Governor
Anyone can buy a copy of any death cert, I had hoped to find out by other means though, not just 'cos money is tight but it also feels somehow intrusive, or am I being over sensitive? Probably -------- But it will have the name of the informant on it and that way we might be able to find his daughter - Trying the Veterans from his home town first seems a good plan though, don't you think? But if you want info on buying his Cert I'll get it to you more secretly than out here on the open board.

I never understood people putting their heads on the block for a Crown - but they did - still they had God on their side eh? ;-) Wolf Hall is based on an admired Historians work - but yes of course the next on the Throne often told fibs about ones who had come before - it seems for eg that the Princes in the Tower was a complete fabrication -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gfy02

Lately I haven't watched many Costume Dramas - the BBC do them beautifully but I dunno they have been so - well just pretty but without substance - I am really enjoying this one though - I don't have a TV but watch things I am interested in on 'catch up' .

xxx
Interesting story behind royalty, thanks for the link. It looks like there's lots of info there to digest.

That would be fine.

Boltlady

Mayor
I am so sorry Wahbooz

from a friend of his, from his face book page

'I was informed by police today that, sadly J** A******* passed away, I do not have any additional informations, but I will try and find out what exactly happened.
RIP J** my friend'
Ever since I read through this thread a couple of nights ago I've thought a lot about Wulk. I first met him on line many years ago when we were posting on KFS. We had some grand times there and a lot of great conversations with a lot of great people.

Wulk really loved his Mad Cat and was devastated when he lost him. He did adore his daughter too and mentioned her quite a bit. He really got my attention when he talked about going to Glasgow to see the show Apassionata. He talked about the magnificent horses in the show and he even sent me a tape of their performances so that I could see them. He was so thoughtful and he would always try and answer questions that he was asked.

Whenever someone like that is lost it seems to bring back so many memories of things that went on during the time that you knew them.

MaryAnne

Governor
Thank you, Queen. It would be great for his daughter to know how the old sot was liked. It hit me today, and was quite a surprise, but I realized it's been closing in on 2 decades that Wulk, Seasoldier and I began bantering. Hard to believe that much time has passed.
Wahbooz, do you know what happened to Sea? He was one of the smartest men I ever knew. There was nothing he could not discuss. We have oftener wondered about him.

I do have Anna's address. We emailed for quite some time. She was from Ohio, now living in South Dakota. Do you remember her.

And Masterjay was having mini strokes. He will not give up his riding. He is on face book.

What was the name of your Veterans board? War Stories. The idiot Editor kicked the regulars off and you joined us at KFS. How glad we were to see you,most of us sneaked over to read your war stories any way. What a history you had.

Some nut threatened to fight Masterjay. He showed up, the other guy didn't:) Pete is his real name.

How glad we all were to see you.

Gramps and MJ had lunch together.

Last edited:

MaryAnne

Governor
:) xxx

We will have more details and Wulk's daughters name in a couple of weeks, one has to buy the info, not out of meanness but because I am absolutely skint for the next two weeks, unless surprise pennies come in before then, I can't - The newspaper man was so sweet he looked everywhere, he made me laugh when he said he had phoned the vicar ------------ But he couldn't help except to tell me that there is a Veterans Charity in his home town which one can only contact by post which I shall do -

Mary Tudor eh? Ssssshhh no worries I won't tell - The BBC are doing a really good 'costume drama' of Thomas Cromwell ( Henry VIII's time ) called Wolf Hall.

As I get info I'll let you know - but 'cos it will be by post from now on none will be immediate xxx
Queen, I watch every Historical show they have on BbC, but I have to tell you that Foul mouthed lovely Gordon Ramsey has won my heart.:)

I am now waiting on the newest," Mr Selfridge," That Jeremy is something else. Doc Martin a never miss. Thank goodness PBS has so many reruns.

MaryAnne

Governor
Ever since I read through this thread a couple of nights ago I've thought a lot about Wulk. I first met him on line many years ago when we were posting on KFS. We had some grand times there and a lot of great conversations with a lot of great people.

Wulk really loved his Mad Cat and was devastated when he lost him. He did adore his daughter too and mentioned her quite a bit. He really got my attention when he talked about going to Glasgow to see the show Apassionata. He talked about the magnificent horses in the show and he even sent me a tape of their performances so that I could see them. He was so thoughtful and he would always try and answer questions that he was asked.

Whenever someone like that is lost it seems to bring back so many memories of things that went on during the time that you knew them.
Last I heard from Wulk he had two Grand daughters.

Wahbooz

Governor
Wahbooz, do you know what happened to Sea? He was one of the smartest men I ever knew. There was nothing he could not discuss. We have oftener wondered about him.

I do have Anna's address. We emailed for quite some time. She was from Ohio, now living in South Dakota. Do you remember her.

And Masterjay was having mini strokes. He will not give up his riding. He is on face book.

What was the name of your Veterans board? War Stories. The idiot Editor kicked the regulars off and you joined us at KFS. How glad we were to see you,most of us sneaked over to read your war stories any way. What a history you had.

Some nut threatened to fight Masterjay. He showed up, the other guy didn't:) Pete is his real name.

How glad we all were to see you.

Gramps and MJ had lunch together.
I don't know what happened to Sea, I do know he got irritated at me at one point. I remember Anna too, and for some reason she got mad at me claiming I was saying things apparently about her. I really liked Jay, we had a lot of interesting chats at War Stories, and Juanito as well. I remember Jay getting threatened, but I can't recall who it was.

At one point Sea was banned from War Stories, for something he posted, and it got a number of people mad. I was banned shortly after that myself, and went to KFS. Those were the days.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I think we have lost Wulk - I cannot say to you that I know he has departed this mortal coil but I used to phone him occasionally - we would talk at length, he with his whiskey in hand and me with whatever, I loved him ---------------------- I knew he was unwell and then one day there was no answer when I phoned ( he didn't have an answering service) for many many many months I have been dialing his number - it just rang and rang - to night it was unavailable

Just letting you know ------------
I would never desire to fall out with either you or Wulk.........and not Gramps either for that matter, but if he or anyone falls out with me, it's on them. I will still like who I like and they don't have to agree with me all the time and cater to my whims to get me to like them.

But you have always known that. And I know it about you. I felt things were very solid with Wulk so I know what you mean.
I had quite a few exchanges with Wulk, mostly contentious but on occasion very congenial. I did not consider him to be malicious in expressing his political beliefs and positions. I wish him well and hope he is still with us.