• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

38%

Zam-Zam

Senator
And probably going to get worse:

'Battered on trust, doubted on leadership': A 'brutal' poll for Biden shows no easy fix

"These new poll numbers are frankly brutal for the president," CNN anchor Jake Tapper reported on Wednesday after a new Quinnipiac University poll showed that President Biden is at his lowest approval number yet — 38 percent.

But the 38 percent approval is perhaps the best news in the poll when looking at how Americans see the president's performance on individual issues. "Brutal" is almost a generous way to describe it.

Just nine months into his presidency, Biden is at 32 percent approval with independents, the people who decide elections in battleground states such as Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Nevada. On his handling of the economy, which was in the midst of a V-shaped recovery when Biden took office, he's 16 points underwater (39 percent approve, 55 percent disapprove). On taxes, the president is 17 points underwater.

Complete text: 'Battered on trust, doubted on leadership': A 'brutal' poll for Biden shows no easy fix | TheHill

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

'Battered on trust, doubted on leadership': A 'brutal' poll for Biden shows no easy fix

"These new poll numbers are frankly brutal for the president," CNN anchor Jake Tapper reported on Wednesday after a new Quinnipiac University poll showed that President Biden is at his lowest approval number yet — 38 percent.

But the 38 percent approval is perhaps the best news in the poll when looking at how Americans see the president's performance on individual issues. "Brutal" is almost a generous way to describe it.

Just nine months into his presidency, Biden is at 32 percent approval with independents, the people who decide elections in battleground states such as Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Nevada. On his handling of the economy, which was in the midst of a V-shaped recovery when Biden took office, he's 16 points underwater (39 percent approve, 55 percent disapprove). On taxes, the president is 17 points underwater.

Complete text: 'Battered on trust, doubted on leadership': A 'brutal' poll for Biden shows no easy fix | TheHill
But...
It's all Trump's fault ;)

You know they'll never admit Trump was/is a better president than Joe will ever be.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Ok, so we have 6 right wingers ( also include the other right wing poll posters on here ) who think polls are good again, ok we got you locked in so be ready for the polls showing how much the US hates the greatest loser - I expect full support just like here -ok !

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
1/4 OF THE BASE HATES THE GREATEST LOSER !

Specifically, when Republican voters were given a list of potential 2024 Republican presidential candidates – including Trump – and asked, “Which of the following would you prefer to see in the 2024 Republican presidential primary?”, only 30% responded with the answer, “I’d like to see Greatest Loser Donald Trump running unopposed.” Meanwhile, 39% chose the answer “I’d like to see Greatest Loser Donald Trump running and other major candidates running too.”

And, the real shocker, 22% of Republican voters said, “I’d like to see Greatest Loser Donald Trump not running.”

So, in this poll, a combined 61% of GOP voters want either a primary challenger for
Greatest Loser Trump or for Greatest Loser Trump to stay out of the 2024 Presidential Election completely.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I love it when polls are good on here !

damnit Margaret - get me 2 hot pockets - I gotta stop this thread from failing - make them meatball and don't get the filling so hot this time !

Zam-Zam

Senator
Ok, so we have 6 right wingers ( also include the other right wing poll posters on here ) who think polls are good again, ok we got you locked in so be ready for the polls showing how much the US hates the greatest loser - I expect full support just like here -ok !

I can tell you this much about polls: The are not infallible, both both parties spend time, money, and energy on them. In fact, in addition to the national polls, both parties conduct their own internal polling.

So, you can say they are meaningless if you like, but rest assure politicians are paying attention to them.

And here's one statistic that very likely has the DNC's attention:

Independents have turned on Joe Biden

Independents have turned on Joe Biden (msn.com)

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I can tell you this much about polls: The are not infallible, both both parties spend time, money, and energy on them. In fact, in addition to the national polls, both parties conduct their own internal polling.

So, you can say they are meaningless if you like, but rest assure politicians are paying attention to them.

And here's one statistic that very likely has the DNC's attention:

Independents have turned on Joe Biden

Independents have turned on Joe Biden (msn.com)
The same people who cry polls are meaningless are now behind polls - that is the point - got it yet? ever heard of the words "rightwing hypocrisy on display "?

Zam-Zam

Senator
The same people who cry polls are meaningless are now behind polls - that is the point - got it yet? ever heard of the words "rightwing hypocrisy on display "?
Polls are like a weather forecast - They can be wrong, but most people pay attention to them.

That's what I say.

Bugsy McGurk

President

At least we now know the agenda of GOP and its cultists - sabotage to drive down Biden’s poll numbers.

That’s about it.

Your link:

"'Biden has a lower approval rating at this point in his term than all but two presidents since 1945, so if he’s going to regain his popularity, he’s got an unusually big hole to dig himself out of,' FiveThirtyEight concludes. "

If I'm remembering correctly both Trump and Biden polled at about the same level in 1988 as Kanye West did in 2020 which should make younger voters a little concerned about POTUS 2052?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Your link:

"'Biden has a lower approval rating at this point in his term than all but two presidents since 1945, so if he’s going to regain his popularity, he’s got an unusually big hole to dig himself out of,' FiveThirtyEight concludes. "

If I'm remembering correctly both Trump and Biden polled at about the same level in 1988 as Kanye West did in 2020 which should make younger voters a little concerned about POTUS 2052?
:D Maybe.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
But...
It's all Trump's fault ;)

You know they'll never admit Trump was/is a better president than Joe will ever be.
If Joe says he loves Kim Jong Un...or that Putin is more believable than his own intel agencies...would that make him as good as Trump? How about if he starts tweeting bullshit like the idea that windmills cause cancer?