• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Algorithms

write on

Senator
Cool story, bro.

Seriously, you made a top post just to inform everyone that you once made a top post about “algorithms”?

Thanks for sharing, I guess…
Thanks for your input.

The gist...

"As they scrambled to contain the damage from the hack and regain control of any compromised devices, the spy hunters realized they faced a new kind of threat. In 2016, Russia had used thousands of covert human agents and robot computer programs to spread disinformation referencing the stolen campaign emails of Hillary Clinton, amplifying their effect. Now counterintelligence officials wondered: What chaos could Moscow unleash with thousands of Twitter handles that spoke in real time with the authority of the armed forces of the United States? At any given moment, perhaps during a natural disaster or a terrorist attack, Pentagon Twitter accounts might send out false information. As each tweet corroborated another, and covert Russian agents amplified the messages even further afield, the result could be panic and confusion."

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Cool story, bro.

Seriously, you made a top post just to inform everyone that you once made a top post about “algorithms”?

Thanks for sharing, I guess…
He said it was deleted, will this 2nd time survive deletion "-) surely wo isn't goading the Mods

RickWA

Snagglesooth
He said it was deleted, will this 2nd time survive deletion "-) surely wo isn't goading the Mods
I don’t think the mods are in the business of deleting topical posted discussions (not that I’ve seen).

I see that WO added some content in his response to me - doesn’t look like anything mods would delete…

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Thanks for your input.

The gist...

"As they scrambled to contain the damage from the hack and regain control of any compromised devices, the spy hunters realized they faced a new kind of threat. In 2016, Russia had used thousands of covert human agents and robot computer programs to spread disinformation referencing the stolen campaign emails of Hillary Clinton, amplifying their effect. Now counterintelligence officials wondered: What chaos could Moscow unleash with thousands of Twitter handles that spoke in real time with the authority of the armed forces of the United States? At any given moment, perhaps during a natural disaster or a terrorist attack, Pentagon Twitter accounts might send out false information. As each tweet corroborated another, and covert Russian agents amplified the messages even further afield, the result could be panic and confusion."

Yep. Just one more way in which social media are a scourge to this nation (and Twitter is, by far, worst among them). However, I don’t think the solution is for media giants to filter content (at least not without being reclassified - once you take on selective editing functions you exit the loosely regarded realm of mere “platform”).

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
. Maybe this Is It

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Thanks for your input.

The gist...

That was quite a read... too bad the road sophisticated technology has taken us down.
The closing paragraph says it best.
For now, investigators have added the names of specific trolls and botnets to their wall charts in the offices of intelligence and law-enforcement agencies. They say the best way to compete with the Russian model is by having a better message. “It requires critical thinkers and people who have a more powerful vision” than the cynical Russian view, says former NSA deputy Inglis. And what message is powerful enough to take on the firehose of falsehoods that Russia is deploying in targeted, effective ways across a range of new media? One good place to start: telling the truth.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
That was quite a read... too bad the road sophisticated technology has taken us down.
The closing paragraph says it best.
For now, investigators have added the names of specific trolls and botnets to their wall charts in the offices of intelligence and law-enforcement agencies. They say the best way to compete with the Russian model is by having a better message. “It requires critical thinkers and people who have a more powerful vision” than the cynical Russian view, says former NSA deputy Inglis. And what message is powerful enough to take on the firehose of falsehoods that Russia is deploying in targeted, effective ways across a range of new media? One good place to start: telling the truth.

So it's up to the liberals to save America AGAIN.

Just like we did in 1776 when the conservatives of the day wanted to remain part of Britian

Just like we did in 1861 when the conservative states wanted the right to own other human beings

Just like we did in 1932 when conservatives want to hurt the economy even more than they had since 1929

Just like we did in the lat 50s and 1960s when conservatives wanted to let Southern States discriminate all they wanted to

and just like we did in 2009 when we pulled America out of a near 2nd great depression.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
. Maybe this Is It

"flock to mine"...................:)

write on

Senator
Yep. Just one more way in which social media are a scourge to this nation (and Twitter is, by far, worst among them). However, I don’t think the solution is for media giants to filter content (at least not without being reclassified - once you take on selective editing functions you exit the loosely regarded realm of mere “platform”).
That is correct. Case in point is trump throwing a tantrum when twitter stopped him from spreading his blatant lies. :rolleyes:

write on

Senator
If it was deleted, I'm quite certain it wasn't the topic of "Algorithms" that got it deleted. Musta been a reply in a thread too because it sure wasn't a thread.
Yeah, it was posted in a thread and it raised my suspension when it was deleted- hence my OP today.

:)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
. Maybe this Is It

See reply. :)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
That is correct. Case in point is trump throwing a tantrum when twitter stopped him from spreading his blatant lies. :rolleyes:
I used Twitter for a brief ~ 18 month period when my son was in the Football recruitment process (it was a functional necessity). I’ve not touched it since. It’s awful.