• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Are We Out Of Afghanistan Yet?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Turns out, no, not really:

More than three dozen Connecticut residents are still trying to leave Afghanistan after American forces withdrew. Elected officials, relief organizations, and veterans groups are trying to get them out.

“Their school teachers are calling me asking me where are the students. The 10-year-old student from New Haven who is stuck in Kabul is sending me voicemail messages,” Chris George, executive director of IRIS said.

George is talking about some of the 43 Connecticut residents stuck in Afghanistan.

“They’re running out of food and yes, they are running out of hope,” George said.

“There’s still close to 60,000 people left in the country that we have made a commitment to get out, who are under threat of violence because of their work with us," Alex Plitsas said.

Complete text: 43 Connecticut Residents Still Stuck In Afghanistan – NBC Connecticut

What a mess....

RickWA

Snagglesooth

More than three dozen Connecticut residents are still trying to leave Afghanistan after American forces withdrew. Elected officials, relief organizations, and veterans groups are trying to get them out.

“Their school teachers are calling me asking me where are the students. The 10-year-old student from New Haven who is stuck in Kabul is sending me voicemail messages,” Chris George, executive director of IRIS said.

George is talking about some of the 43 Connecticut residents stuck in Afghanistan.

“They’re running out of food and yes, they are running out of hope,” George said.

“There’s still close to 60,000 people left in the country that we have made a commitment to get out, who are under threat of violence because of their work with us," Alex Plitsas said.

Complete text: 43 Connecticut Residents Still Stuck In Afghanistan – NBC Connecticut

What a mess....
Unworthy of consideration, let alone mention…because…

(D)

middleview

President
Supporting Member

What a mess....
I have a friend who works in Europe for the state department. He is working on the Afghan refugee crisis. He said nobody actually knows how many people with dual citizenship are in the country, but it is over 100 that they have been in contact with.
These are Afghan/Americans who have been in country for years. They returned to help family or to take government jobs or to work for NGOs. They should have gotten out last year when it would have been easier to do, but many thought they'd get free flights when the US began the evacuation, rather than spend $3,000 of their own money.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I have a friend who works in Europe for the state department. He is working on the Afghan refugee crisis. He said nobody actually knows how many people with dual citizenship are in the country, but it is over 100 that they have been in contact with.
These are Afghan/Americans who have been in country for years. They returned to help family or to take government jobs or to work for NGOs. They should have gotten out last year when it would have been easier to do, but many thought they'd get free flights when the US began the evacuation, rather than spend $3,000 of their own money.
Indeed, that skirt was too short. She was asking for it.

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
You don't here about it from the media or the WH. They want it buried with the bodies.
Biden and his gang of idiots got Americans stranded, and left them to be dealt with by the murdering Taliban. There is NO EXCUSE for that.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You don't here about it from the media or the WH. They want it buried with the bodies.
Biden and his gang of idiots got Americans stranded, and left them to be dealt with by the murdering Taliban. There is NO EXCUSE for that.
What did Trump do from February 2020 to January 2021 to facilitate the evacuation?

As near as I can tell, he withdrew 10,000 US troops and forced the Afghan government to release 5,000 Taliban POWS.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
What does the accusation of rape leveled at Trump have to do with the evacuation of people from Afghanistan?
Your derangement grows with each passing day. Everything is “Trump”.

Anyhoo, point made - you, as robotic lefty DNC shill - have nothing critical or serious to say…ever… about the handling of this debacle (and other than “Trump!!!!!!!”, of course).

Your poor stewardship of American interests, as always, is noted.

Have a nice day.

Zam-Zam

Senator

Anyhoo, point made - you, as robotic lefty DNC shill - have nothing critical or serious to say…ever… about the handling of this debacle (and other than “Trump!!!!!!!”, of course).

Have a nice day.

He seems to believe Trump is still in charge. Biden is not, and never has been, ergo, nothing can possibly be his fault, ever.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
He seems to believe Trump is still in charge. Biden is not, and never has been, ergo, nothing can possibly be his fault, ever.
These folks have NO interest in discussing anything that isn’t “Trump”. If you briefly scan the front page, just LOOK at the subject lines from lefties. It is virtually ALL Trump.
Nothing on Afghanistan, or crime rates, or the border, or China/Taiwan, or supply chain off a cliff, or inflation, etc., etc.

Why…it’s almost like all current events are insignificant…like any and all things (D) get a pass.

UPDATE: As of right now, there are seventeen (17) lefty/Dem top posts on the front page about Trump.

Zam-Zam

Senator
These folks have NO interest in discussing anything that isn’t “Trump”. If you briefly scan the front page, just LOOK at the subject lines from lefties. It is virtually ALL Trump.
Nothing on Afghanistan, or Crime rates, or the border, or China/Taiwan, or supply chain off a cliff, or inflation, etc., etc.

Why…it’s almost like all current events are insignificant…like any and all things (D) get a pass.

UPDATE: As of right now, there are seventeen (17) lefty/Dem top posts on the front page about Trump.

Funniest of all are the ones still sporting the Trump avatars...

1634661129364.png

Indeed, some are... :D

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

What a mess....
No we are not.

Drumcollie

What did Trump do from February 2020 to January 2021 to facilitate the evacuation?

As near as I can tell, he withdrew 10,000 US troops and forced the Afghan government to release 5,000 Taliban POWS.
When's Biden gonna be in charge?

Drumcollie

You don't support peace agreements? When war is over you release POW's.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nothing on Afghanistan, or Crime rates, or the border, or China/Taiwan, or supply chain off a cliff, or inflation, etc., etc.

This Trump cultist is mystified by threads discussing his cult leader. Thinks the movement to destroy our democracy should just be ignored.

Just bizarre.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Have a nice day.
You posted this...

The only rape related charge in the news is in court waiting on Trump's DNA...so your post was in no way related to Afghanistan.

Your inability to relate what was done in Afghanistan in 2020 to the evacuation in 2021 is demonstrative of your position as a Trump shill. The debacle had nothing to do with the surrender signed by Trump in Feb 2020, nothing to do with the withdrawal of 10,000 US troops and the obvious end of US support for the Aghan army...which wasn't even included in the ceasefire signed with the Taliban. So they lost over 3,000 soldiers as the Taliban continued their war against the Kabul government, even as we pulled out.

Bugsy McGurk

President
To the mindless carpers, “we” will not be out of Afghanistan if anyone with a US passport remains there. Even if they don’t want to leave.

Carp, they must!

;-)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You don't support peace agreements? When war is over you release POW's.
Really? So the war was over, but the Taliban killed over 3,000 Afghan soldiers as our guys left the country. Once we were down to 2,500 troops and the Afghan army collapsed without US support....it was all Biden's fault.

Trump signed a surrender doc. He did not include the Afghan government in the negotiations and he announced that all US troops would be out of the country by Christmas...and then by May 1st 2021. The Afghan government then had no leverage with the Taliban...and no, those prisoners were released in time to rejoin fighting against the Afghan army. The war was not over.

Zam-Zam

Senator
You posted this...

The only rape related charge in the news is in court waiting on Trump's DNA...so your post was in no way related to Afghanistan.

Your inability to relate what was done in Afghanistan in 2020 to the evacuation in 2021 is demonstrative of your position as a Trump shill. The debacle had nothing to do with the surrender signed by Trump in Feb 2020, nothing to do with the withdrawal of 10,000 US troops and the obvious end of US support for the Aghan army...which wasn't even included in the ceasefire signed with the Taliban. So they lost over 3,000 soldiers as the Taliban continued their war against the Kabul government, even as we pulled out.

Wow. You didn't get to "Trump" until your second sentence. Only mentioned him by name three times.

Progress...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
To the mindless carpers, “we” will not be out of Afghanistan if anyone with a US passport remains there. Even if they don’t want to leave.

Carp, they must!

;-)
My friend is interviewing the people who have been evacuated to Germany...many didn't think the Taliban would take over so quickly or that they would negotiate with Kabul and it wouldn't be so bad. He has yet to interview any US citizen who is not a dual citizen or who didn't have family in Afghanistan and went back in 2019 or 2020 to help and decided to flee at the last minute.

Some tried to travel to Kabul as US troops left other cities and have been in Kabul for months hoping to get out...but they waited until the end of 2020 to do so.

He said about half have US addresses for their primary residence.