• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Baby it's cold outside

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Here in Missouri we've had almost a week of real cold weather, it hasn't been over the mid twenty for a daytime high and low greens at night. That mixed with a light precipitation has created horrible icy conditions.
Sure glad I'm retired and can just hunker down and wait till it clears.
The bad thing is there's more coming and it's going down into the single digits at night.

If you're in the path of this stay safe, it's a killer.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Here in Missouri we've had almost a week of real cold weather, it hasn't been over the mid twenty for a daytime high and low greens at night. That mixed with a light precipitation has created horrible icy conditions.
The bad thing is there's more coming and it's going down into the single digits at night.

My son and grandson were supposed to come in from Waco early this evening for the weekend. It was already 28 degrees with freezing rain in Waco at 11:30am today. They won't be making it tonight. Yep. Hunker down and stay home if you can. Stay safe whatever you do.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
My son and grandson were supposed to come in from Waco early this evening for the weekend. It was already 28 degrees with freezing rain in Waco at 11:30am today. They won't be making it tonight. Yep. Hunker down and stay home if you can. Stay safe whatever you do.
You too BD, we're grounded until the temperature is at least half my age. ;)

TBLee

Governor

Our temperatures are going to be down below zero for the next few nights. Daytime temps in the mid 20s. We did get several inches of snow a few days ago, but now we are just getting a very cold wind blowing non stop. Damn....I miss living in the South. ;)

TBLee

Governor
Yikes. That seems like some nasty weather.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Oh reminds me of Ft. Lost in the Woods, I took basic there and coldest place I've ever been, yes, stay safe and put another log on the fire.

We got another 1 1/2 rain and after reading this thread I'm not going to complain about the med.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I saw the 100 car pile up in Ft. Worth, yeah, stay put

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I saw the 100 car pile up in Ft. Worth, yeah, stay put
I'm not going outside until the temp is half my age
  • This
    Afternoon
    This Afternoon: A 20 percent chance of snow showers.  Cloudy and cold, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Slight Chance
    Snow Showers
    High: 16 °F
  • Tonight

Tonight: A chance of flurries.  Cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northeast wind 13 to 15 mph.

Chance
    Flurries
    Low: 7 °F
  • Saturday

Saturday: A chance of flurries before noon.  Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -10. North wind 10 to 14 mph.

Chance
    Flurries
    High: 17 °F
  • Saturday
    Night
    Saturday Night: A chance of flurries after 3am.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -10. Northeast wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

Chance
    Flurries
    Low: 3 °F
  • Sunday

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of snow after noon.  Cloudy and cold, with a high near 11. North wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Cloudy then
    Chance Snow
    High: 11 °F
  • Sunday
    Night
    Sunday Night: Snow likely.  Cloudy, with a low around -2. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Snow Likely

Low: -2 °F
  • Washington's
    Birthday
    Washington's Birthday: Snow likely.  Cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Snow Likely

High: 8 °F
  • Monday
    Night
    Monday Night: A chance of flurries.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.

Chance
    Flurries
    Low: -3 °F
  • Tuesday

Tuesday: A chance of flurries after noon.  Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 20.

Chance
    Flurries
    High: 20 °F

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I'm not going outside until the temp is half my age
  • This
    Afternoon
    This Afternoon: A 20 percent chance of snow showers.  Cloudy and cold, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Slight Chance
    Snow Showers
    High: 16 °F
  • Tonight

Tonight: A chance of flurries.  Cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northeast wind 13 to 15 mph.

Chance
    Flurries
    Low: 7 °F
  • Saturday

Saturday: A chance of flurries before noon.  Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -10. North wind 10 to 14 mph.

Chance
    Flurries
    High: 17 °F
  • Saturday
    Night
    Saturday Night: A chance of flurries after 3am.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -10. Northeast wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

Chance
    Flurries
    Low: 3 °F
  • Sunday

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of snow after noon.  Cloudy and cold, with a high near 11. North wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Cloudy then
    Chance Snow
    High: 11 °F
  • Sunday
    Night
    Sunday Night: Snow likely.  Cloudy, with a low around -2. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Snow Likely

Low: -2 °F
  • Washington's
    Birthday
    Washington's Birthday: Snow likely.  Cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. Chance of precipitation is 70%.'s Birthday: Snow likely.  Cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Snow Likely

High: 8 °F
  • Monday
    Night
    Monday Night: A chance of flurries.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.

Chance
    Flurries
    Low: -3 °F
  • Tuesday

Tuesday: A chance of flurries after noon.  Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 20.

Chance
    Flurries
    High: 20 °F
The weather I remember while in basic training.........-50 only day we were taking out of training and given tooth brushes to GI the barracks.......I didn't mind being inside.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Damnit we're moving to Alaska where it's warmer!

..WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM CST
SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as
15 to 20 below zero.

* WHERE...Portions of southeast Kansas and central, east
central, south central, southwest and west central Missouri.

* WHEN...From 9 PM this evening to 11 AM CST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Prolonged exposure could cause damage to exposed
skin in 30 minutes or less. The cold air will impact young
livestock and pets.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a
hat, and gloves.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Power started going out in places down here around midnight last night and some folks have been without since then. These ain't rolling blackouts either. Supposed to be colder tonight than last night too. Power is still on at my house but water heater is out. It's 13 going on 14 years old.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Power started going out in places down here around midnight last night and some folks have been without since then. These ain't rolling blackouts either. Supposed to be colder tonight than last night too. Power is still on at my house but water heater is out. It's 13 going on 14 years old.
Looks bad down your way

Extreme cold snap shuts down central U.S. Texas is ground zero (msn.com)

Hope you don't lose power and you can at least then heat water on stove or microwave

Your snow/ice will just be rain when it gets here and we've had enough rain to drown ducks

Good Luck