• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

C.R.T.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Was there racist intent in the GI bill? I'm not aware of that and I went to school using those benefits.

I did some research and I believe what you are talking about is the benefit for low down or no down payments on homes...the problem being that while they were entitled to the benefit, many areas would not allow black families to buy homes there.

It was not racism in the bill.
Also education benefits.

While the GI Bill’s language did not specifically exclude African-American veterans from its benefits, it was structured in a way that ultimately shut doors for the 1.2 million Black veterans who had bravely served their country during World War II, in segregated ranks.

How the GI Bill's Promise Was Denied to a Million Black WWII Veterans - HISTORY

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Don't know about racist, but there is this important fact about the guy who signed the GI bill...

Truman signed Executive Order 9981 on July 26, 1948, calling for the desegregation of the U.S. Armed Forces, he repudiated 170 years of officially sanctioned discrimination. ... It became a crucial step toward inspiring other parts of American society to accept desegregation
That's not the GI bill.

Raoul_Luke

Ah, you admit there was racism in the GI bill. That's a start.

It offers one example of why whites were able to accumulate more wealth than blacks. Whites were given a leg up.

None of us were taught that......which is why I want our kids taught an accurate history of race, and not the whitewashed version we were taught.
I was mocking you, Julie. The GI bill did NOT discriminate against minorities. It was assistance for education and buying property, and any GI was eligible. Blacks were under-represented in its beneficiaries because they have traditionally lagged in education and (not coincidentally) occupational achievement. If you couldn't pass the admissions test, you didn't get into college (at least not back then when admissions were merit based) and you didn't get GI educational benefits. Same with a home loan - if you couldn't pass the solvency test to qualify for a mortgage, you didn't get GI Bill mortgage assistance. This is simply CRT radical Marxists revising history - "unequal outcomes is evidence of (systemic) racism." That is, of course, complete rat sh*t...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
That's not the GI bill.
For chrissakes...here is what I posted.

Don't know about racist, but there is this important fact about the guy who signed the GI bill...

Truman
signed Executive Order 9981 on July 26, 1948, calling for the desegregation of the U.S. Armed Forces, he repudiated 170 years of officially sanctioned discrimination. ... It became a crucial step toward inspiring other parts of American society to accept desegregation

Where did I say it was the GI bill?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I was mocking you, Julie. The GI bill did NOT discriminate against minorities. It was assistance for education and buying property, and any GI was eligible. Blacks were under-represented in its beneficiaries because they have traditionally lagged in education and (not coincidentally) occupational achievement. If you couldn't pass the admissions test, you didn't get into college (at least not back then when admissions were merit based) and you didn't get GI educational benefits. Same with a home loan - if you couldn't pass the solvency test to qualify for a mortgage, you didn't get GI Bill mortgage assistance. This is simply CRT radical Marxists revising history - "unequal outcomes is evidence of (systemic) racism." That is, of course, complete rat sh*t...
What you're describing is the systemic racism that made black vets unable to use the GI bill benefits.

Unequal schooling -> black vets being unprepared to use GI bill for college.

Black vets were unable to use the GI bill for home loans. They were stopped by banks, by redlining, by systemic racism in the system. Home ownership was the main way whites were able to accumulate wealth. That was denied blacks leading to the inequity we see to this day.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
"Critical race theory is an academic concept that is more than 40 years old. The core idea is that racism is a social construct, and that it is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies."

It should be taught in school. I can't imagine why anyone would object.
I agree. It should be taught in K-12 grades. The history being taught now is false.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
What you're describing is the systemic racism that made black vets unable to use the GI bill benefits.

Unequal schooling -> black vets being unprepared to use GI bill for college.

Black vets were unable to use the GI bill for home loans. They were stopped by banks, by redlining, by systemic racism in the system. Home ownership was the main way whites were able to accumulate wealth. That was denied blacks leading to the inequity we see to this day.
Thank you.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I agree. It should be taught in K-12 grades. The history being taught now is false.
They could barely handle Black History Month. I believe they felt oppressed by it. LOL

They have their marching orders to resist an accurate history of race being taught to our kids. Just watch FoxNews and other rightwing stations.....or listen to that gawdawful AM talk radio. The brainwashing is ignorant and disgusting.

Raoul_Luke

For chrissakes...here is what I posted.

Truman
signed Executive Order 9981 on July 26, 1948, calling for the desegregation of the U.S. Armed Forces, he repudiated 170 years of officially sanctioned discrimination. ... It became a crucial step toward inspiring other parts of American society to accept desegregation

Where did I say it was the GI bill?
Truman didn't sign the GI bill.

Last edited: