• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Differing realities...

Zam-Zam

Senator
This reminds me of a moment long past..

When I was in my twenties, my dad passed after a long battle illness. At the time, my grandmother, his mom, was in her eighties. Long twilighting from dementia, rarely present if at all.

On the day of his funeral, I'm a wreck, etc.. a d my aunt's bring her to the coffin to say goodbye. She had been very distanced from the events leading up to this...

In a moment I'll never forget.... It was as though she willed herself back in to the now. You could see it...in her face, her eyes..a sheer force of will back to lucidity.. in the moment she turns to the family and says... It's is the greatest sadness for a mother to bury her own child. The greatest sadness..

Then....like it took all of her energy....poof....gone again. Never really returned after that.

FWIW, I carry with me to this day that memory of the power of love manifest...which I took to mean that those we love are always still there, to the last and deserving of every compassion to the end

FWIW.

I've heard those types of stories before - There is definitely something to them.

Nancy Reagan related something similar in a book I read years ago...How Ronnie looked at her with clarity for the first time in years just moments before he died. One last recognition, like a final goodbye. A gift, and then gone.

Those moments stay with us all our lives.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I've heard those types of stories before - There is definitely something to them.

That's the same way this popular movie portrayed these type of occurrences.

The Notebook - Allie Remembers and Forgets - With Subs

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Might explain some of the wildly divergent opinions here in PJ

I had the misfortune of watch dementia completely over take my Mom's last three or four years of her life and it's an ugly pitiful disease on a person to watch. Every waken moment all she would do is set and say "I WANT MY MAMA" over and over and over and had no idea who I was and one day Dad ask, why don't you ask for your Dad and Mom said "He's Dead"!

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Republicans are some of the best looking male/women. San freako ? San Francisco is a beautiful town and there are only a few areas that have crap on the ground as republicans just don't care about anything but money.
Republicans have a lot of mental issues. The constant anger even when your guy is in power is always bewildering. Its very close to the whole Ghengis Khan thing of his not being happy unless every "enemy" is vanquished. That, mixed with the constant need to characterize anyone with differences as enemies...it's a self defeating prophecy.

Its one of the reasons our participation is so low in our politics. A large percentage of the nation is constantly on the look out for "enemies" and when they don't find them...they create them. For example...the NRA and GOP are likely the two most closely aligned organizations in the history of politics. Closer than teh church, closer than the wealthy. Most republicans are rated with A+ grades in teh senate. Mitch McConnell gets an A+. But because he told the truth about the insurrection and Trump being behind it, his name was mud for a very long time. Why? because republicans needed someone to fight. The left does the same thing but not as often and not as atrociously .