• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ding dong PJ's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days

Commentator
I dont know what else to tell you. I want them all back..i just said it above.. I miss them

But i wont be shit on. Not then (BB), not here. Nor will I allow to pass the make believe that the mods facilitate some echo chamber..

The record here is clear...and all (who do not threaten violence, expose personal details, espouse violence on our elected, etc) are welcome.

The fun is in the fight...and the skill navigating therein...
okay, my work is done here.

... after being IP banned from the fray, for telling a joke, it is hard for me to understand why the treatment here at PJ is so intolerable. I like the place.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
so no one is allowed a contrast? isnt that an echo chamber....posts left unchallenged?
Challenge the post.
Do not change the subject of the post
Do not attack the author of the post.

It's that simple. Why are you changing what I am saying? Is it that hard to understand?

Jen

Senator
I dont know what else to tell you. I want them all back..i just said it above.. I miss them

But i wont be shit on. Not then (BB), not here. Nor will I allow to pass the make believe that the mods facilitate some echo chamber..

The record here is clear...and all (who do not threaten violence, expose personal details, espouse violence on our elected, etc) are welcome.

The fun is in the fight...and the skill navigating therein...
The mods here are top notch. I"m not complaining about that.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You do as well as can be expected.

I think that in this stressful time it's just harder to take. And some here can't ease up and be just a little kinder....... for some reason..... that's probably the stress of things too.
well, it's not stressful...
it can be a bit tedious at times..

Days

Commentator
There is this nice handy View attachment 52010 function the bottom left hand corner. You can use it when other posters break the rules such as posting about you.
I'm just going to go ahead and guess that a former mod knows about it.

Are you ready to step up and carry the forum, now? All it takes is a big heart and a whole lot of love. I think you are ready.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
that's actually not the case.. very few run to the mods...

i dont disagree that there are baiters.. but the fact of the matter is it is NOT one sided. not hardly.

those goodly number of posters are welcome to come and fix it....by posting fact laden retorts to the baiters... anytime.

what's funny to me is that they're concurrently off on other boards doing precisely what they claim is the cause of their leaving this board..

what's anyone to do about that?

Phil'll keep at it.. fighting the good fight with me pal @bdtex
Don't know what you could do, I don't have the time nor patience to get on any other boards other than my fishing boards, one of which I moderate on, so you're stuck with me until I get banned or leave. ;)

PS.
You haven't lived until you've seen a fishing board get into the political side of fishing in California, Oy the posts I've seen! Much worse than a presidential election year.

Jen

Senator
where did you sense a lack of understanding?

come, discuss,,,,
That you keep insisting I want an echo chamber. I don't want or expect this forum to be like that other forum. PJ is unique and that's good. My main complaint is thread derailment. The leading responses to my recent posts have derailed the whole post.

Fielding personal attacks ........is something I will deal with.... It's hard to walk away from an insult, but that's what I need to do. That's my problem. Not yours.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Challenge the post.
Do not change the subject of the post
Do not attack the author of the post.

It's that simple. Why are you changing what I am saying? Is it that hard to understand?
wouldnt a contrasting be necessary then?

in your example.. you say..well, Biden does so n so.. and somebody goes...oh, well, trump does so n so times three...

isnt that the basis of discussion?

I didnt change what you said. you said what you said.

i said..we delete the personal attacks and insults as best we can..

Are you ready to step up and carry the forum, now? All it takes is a big heart and a whole lot of love. I think you are ready.
Are you nominating me to the first (admitly) politically biased mod? I am honored.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know what you could do, I don't have the time nor patience to get on any other boards other than my fishing boards, one of which I moderate on, so you're stuck with me until I get banned or leave. ;)

PS.
You haven't lived until you've seen a fishing board get into the political side of fishing in California, Oy the posts I've seen! Much worse than a presidential election year.
Youre a good guy. :)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That you keep insisting I want an echo chamber. I don't want or expect this forum to be like that other forum. PJ is unique and that's good. My main complaint is thread derailment. The leading responses to my recent posts have derailed the whole post.

Fielding personal attacks ........is something I will deal with.... It's hard to walk away from an insult, but that's what I need to do. That's my problem. Not yours.
if we delete derailments, the board ceases to exist.

i think the need is to get good posts back in the mix. the heavy hitters are all gone...

Reactions: Jen

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

lol.

Jen

Senator
I remember those days too, Days. I was there as well. Lots of us go back almost 20 years now, and maybe we all are forgetting that bond. A ton of us came here when the Fray and BB went off line, a ton. Many never adjusted from the free for all to something less than that.

You, JO, QT, and you mean EMily.. yes, a very good poster. Good posters all..

I wish they all were back.. them, you, Degs, Arkady, MErc, Bo, Reptilicus, Bell, there is a looong list.. (well, i could care less for Merc (now Mytzleplyx or some such, i think he died, but DAMN he could post....) I want them all to come back. I miss them.

is your last sentence intended to mean the kindness is lacking on my part or BD's?

Here's the thing... I KNOW what she (Jen) posts about us in the other forums... I go there too. I have read the two facedness laying the blame on us. then here it's a pretend, what moi kind of approach..

THeres hurt feelings all around.. I cant speak for BD... but...what the hell.. we've held this up for YEARS...years.. being shit on left and right.. over and over.. and it constantly returns to the boo hoo... as though WE"RE the cause.. no. we're the solution... trying to not let it devolve into a SHITHOLE.. and tossing the ones that try to force it there..

THere's no animus here.. (well, a couple. tee hee) but they bring it on themselves.. I wish you were here more, all of them.. but it surely wont be while walking over me, or by a rewrite of what happened to turn it into anything other that what it was. that is.. some posters left because they were called out and asked to back their positions up.. they didnt or couldnt and fled. pretending it's the modding, or the left. or the right..or whatever.. If there is an 'echo chamber' it's because not enough of 'our people that go back almost 20' will stand up and speak....

the door is open...
"Here's the thing... I KNOW what she (Jen) posts about us in the other forums... I go there too. I have read the two facedness laying the blame on us. then here it's a pretend, what moi kind of approach.. "

I have posted about this forum on that forum when something here pisses me off and I need to get it off my chest. In those threads, I have tried to state and frequently have stated that the moderating staff here is good. I have not laid blame on you guys. I feel you've missed that. If you feel I am two-faced .......then I am sorry. I apologize for giving the impression there that you aren't appreciated.

Now_what's bringing my post there to this forum ........ was jarring to me. It was dreadfully wrong of him to do it, but the thing is, that I did make the post so it's on me. I shouldn't have posted it and I won't do that again. I was wrong to do it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.