• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

DirecTV drops OAN

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Shutting down OAN isn't about any requirement to give them resources to promote opposing views. They are an extreme channel for conspiracies appealing to an ever diminishing segment of the right.

Can you go to Fox and demand air time? Of course not. Is that censorship?
The “muster resources”’comment CLEARLY denotes them (OAN) being able to muster the resources to start up/operate a network. Why would dishonest, illiberal lefty seek to introduce some made up notion of being “given” resources. Any network must pay for its platform…unless government subsidized.

No blurring focus.

Also, my precise point about every “self-described liberal” here marching in lockstep support of the elimination of OAN on DTV goes unchallenged. Not a single ONE of you dissent on the matter. Because you are leftists…and NOT liberals.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The “muster resources”’comment CLEARLY denotes them (OAN) being able to muster the resources to start up/operate a network. Why would dishonest, illiberal lefty seek to introduce some made up notion of being “given” resources. Any network must pay for its platform…unless government subsidized.

No blurring focus.

Also, my precise point about every “self-described liberal” here marching in lockstep support of the elimination of OAN on DTV goes unchallenged. Not a single ONE of you dissent on the matter. Because you are leftists…and NOT liberals.
Evidently OAN wasn't drawing many viewers to make Direct money.
You bet the outhouse if OAN was making Direct big money they wouldn't have dropped them and how many people still have those little dishes in their yards, I don't see them anymore around here.
:) I just happened to think of something, who owns "$850,000" homes are going to have a Direct dish on the roof or in their yards:)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Evidently OAN wasn't drawing many viewers to make Direct money.
You bet the outhouse if OAN was making Direct big money they wouldn't have dropped them and how many people still have those little dishes in their yards, I don't see them anymore around here.
:) I just happened to think of something, who owns "$850,000" homes are going to have a Direct dish on the roof or in their yards:)
Heck if I know. Like I said earlier in this strand, I’ve never seen the network (but the only TV I watch is sports for the most part). The fact that all these people think (or claim) that they are “liberal” when they:
1) Cheer for the elimination of voices that don’t say what THEY WANT THEM TO SAY…

AND

2) Every single one of these self-described “liberals” agree on the matter - not a single one dissenting or disagreeing

Pretty much establishes once again that these are not liberals, they are extremist leftist authoritarians. Same stuff, different day.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Heck if I know. Like I said earlier in this strand, I’ve never seen the network (but the only TV I watch is sports for the most part). The fact that all these people think (or claim) that they are “liberal” when they:
1) Cheer for the elimination of voices that don’t say what THEY WANT THEM TO SAY…

AND

2) Every single one of these self-described “liberals” agree on the matter - not a single one dissenting or disagreeing

Pretty much establishes once again that these are not liberals, they are extremist leftist authoritarians. Same stuff, different day.
That's why I stopped calling them Liberals, they have more in common with Dictator Lusting Leftist Drafts

reason10

Governor
Good. It's time to dump conspiracy peddlers.

Although it was originally founded in 2013, OAN rose to prominence during the Donald Trump presidency. The network bills itself as a news channel, but it has generally operated as a supplier of unchecked information designed to bring in right-wing viewers.

And it was that damn AT&T which founded/funded OAN in the first place.

DirecTV Drops Far-Right Channel OAN News - TheStreet
If conspiracy peddlers were dumped, CNN MSNBC NPR ABC CBS NBC would all be dumped. They are the only conspiracy peddlers.

The free market in news, information and opinion has paved the way for some ambitious newcomers, like OAN, NewsMax, and the highest rated news source on the planet FOXNEWS. Those sites are not far right, by any stretch of the imagination. They just provide a point of view other than the extremist left which is spewed by the failing CNN and MSDNC.

EatTheRich

President
Heh. A timely lecture on capitalism from… nevermind. Try to remember that I was discussing the reflexive, unanimous reaction/cheering of those here who like to call themselves “liberals”. Not a single dissenting view. Not one. As always, the absence of any reflection precludes recognition of what is right there…just as the absence of humility will prevent admitting it.

Illiberal stuff.
Yes, people are cheering that one of a handful of companies monopolizing access to broadcast media is no longer devoting quote such a huge share of its resources to white-power conspiracist propaganda.

EatTheRich

President
If conspiracy peddlers were dumped, CNN MSNBC NPR ABC CBS NBC would all be dumped. They are the only conspiracy peddlers.

The free market in news, information and opinion has paved the way for some ambitious newcomers, like OAN, NewsMax, and the highest rated news source on the planet FOXNEWS. Those sites are not far right, by any stretch of the imagination. They just provide a point of view other than the extremist left which is spewed by the failing CNN and MSDNC.
OAN is definitely far-right. As opposed to CNN and MSNBC which are center-right, like the Democratic Party.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
However the illiberals choose to justify their support of the elimination of voices is up to them, I suppose.
I don't remember you speaking out when Trump talked about revoking broadcast licenses for MSNBC or CNN...Was that different?

One America News did not have a constitutional right to be included in the DirectTV lineup, anymore than you do.

You can whine about the first amendment all you like...it does not confiscate resources from various media platforms to give any big mouth a venue to voice his or her opinions.

Oan can come up with their own website and figure out how they'll make money...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yes, people are cheering that one of a handful of companies monopolizing access to broadcast media is no longer devoting quote such a huge share of its resources to white-power conspiracist propaganda.
Illiberal generalizing characterization and illiberal slouching to silencing those with whom you disagree and…for the hat trick - the troika - 100% lockstep from every forum lefty with zero dissent.

All clear, demonstrative, exhaustive documentation that you folks are leftist…NOT “liberal”. Not only are those not “liberal” traits… they are quintessential anti-liberal traits.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I don't remember you speaking out when Trump talked about revoking broadcast licenses for MSNBC or CNN...Was that different?

One America News did not have a constitutional right to be included in the DirectTV lineup, anymore than you do.

You can whine about the first amendment all you like...it does not confiscate resources from various media platforms to give any big mouth a venue to voice his or her opinions.

Oan can come up with their own website and figure out how they'll make money...
You think Trump calls himself a “liberal”?

You people can’t think, can’t focus, and cannot stay on subject. Have a nice day.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You think Trump calls himself a “liberal”?

You people can’t think, can’t focus, and cannot stay on subject. Have a nice day.
What? Trump is an opportunist. He would call himself a lib if he thought he'd get applause...and votes. He stands for nothing at all.

But why the hell would you even ask the question? Are you having trouble thinking or focusing on the topic?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Illiberal generalizing characterization and illiberal slouching to silencing those with whom you disagree and…for the hat trick - the troika - 100% lockstep from every forum lefty with zero dissent.

All clear, demonstrative, exhaustive documentation that you folks are leftist…NOT “liberal”. Not only are those not “liberal” traits… they are quintessential anti-liberal traits.
Good to know that you recognize One America News as a pro-Trump propaganda voice...the sad thing is the repeated lies about the election. If not for their tin foil hat stories they might have drawn a larger audience and stayed on with DirectTv.

As it is they can fund their own resources to continue their work...nobody is preventing them from having a voice.

reason10

Governor
Please explain that opinion. Oann is the Trump Propaganda flagship...Info Wars was his second favorite.

I watched OAN once, only because my father-in-law had it on. Tin Foil hat territory. You'd like it.
OANN is a fledgling young news network, trying to compete its way into the marketplace of ideas. It has an uphill journey, with successful outlets like Newsmax, and the news giant, FoxNews. What will happen is OANN will either improve the quality of its broadcasts or it will not be able to compete with the more established outlets.

But with far left opinion rags like MSNBC, CNN, NPR, you should be careful of who you accuse of the tinfoil hat stuff. Your side of the aisle is nothing but tinfoil hat kooks.

reason10

Governor
What? Trump is an opportunist. He would call himself a lib if he thought he'd get applause...and votes. He stands for nothing at all.

But why the hell would you even ask the question? Are you having trouble thinking or focusing on the topic?
You just hate because he is smarter and richer than you. He worked to EARN a ten billion dollar international real estate empire.

Some other conservatives like Ben Shapiro and Glenn Beck were worried about Trump's left wing leanings. They quickly wised up, when he proposed a Reaganesque set of proposals that rescued the economy from the Obama Depression.

As far as opportunist goes, that's probably the dumbest statement I've ever heard. Trump could have run as a liberal Democrat, EASILY could have kicked Hillary's ass and Bernie's ass in the primaries and ALL the people on the left would have loved and supported him.

This is the image of the two greatest presidents of all time. And it pretty much typifies Trump's true ideology.
1642445244544.png

And again, establishment Republicans didn't like Reagan, either. He wasn't part of the Washington country club, (even as he was the greatest governor in the history of California.)

Most of America liked these two. And Trump WILL get his second term. The race won't even be close.

Attachments

reason10

Governor
Their fictional reporting borders on slander...if Goebels were alive he'd work for OAN.
Nope. Goebels would work for CNN and MSNBC, CBS,
ABC, and NBC, since they ALL espouse the same goose stepping ideology.

OANN may have some growing and polishing to do, like another young network (FoxNEws). It's wait and see time.

OANN could screw it up and clamp tight on its style, without making any improvements in presentation, appearance and picture quality. The market will react honestly.

Or OANN will do as FoxNews did and improve its image, quality of broadcasting and picture image.

Only time will tell. It's still more reliable than the edited CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC and other extremist left wing opinion rags. But it has to compete with the gold standard: FoxNews.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

How stupid. You introduce the non-sequitur of Trump into a discussion about self-professed liberals being “illiberal”.

Lay off the dope - you’re already genetically inferior to begin with and cannot afford further handicap. Bye.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
OANN is a fledgling young news network, trying to compete its way into the marketplace of ideas. It has an uphill journey, with successful outlets like Newsmax, and the news GIANT, FoxNews. What will happen is OANN will either improve the quality of its broadcasts or it will not be able to compete with the more established outlets.

But with far left opinion rags like MSNBC, CNN, NPR, you should be careful of who you accuse of the tinfoil hat stuff. Your side of the aisle is nothing but tinfoil hat kooks.
NPR is probably the most accurate media I've seen. They are left-center, but they are accurate.
LEFT-CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate NPR (National Public Radio) Left-Center Biased based on story selection that leans slightly left and Very High for factual reporting due to thorough sourcing and very accurate news reporting.
They have had no failed fact checks in the last 5 years.

LEFT BIAS
These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be sourced adequately with minimal failed fact checks.
Failed Fact Checks

And then there is One America News.

• Overall, we rate One America News Questionable based on far-right bias, lack of sourcing, promotion of conspiracy theories, and propaganda, as well as numerous failed fact checks. OAN is not a credible news source.
Failed Fact Checks

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Nope. Goebels would work for CNN and MSNBC, CBS,
ABC, and NBC, since they ALL espouse the same goose stepping ideology.

OANN may have some growing and polishing to do, like another young network (FoxNEws). It's wait and see time.

OANN could screw it up and clamp tight on its style, without making any improvements in presentation, appearance and picture quality. The market will react honestly.

Or OANN will do as FoxNews did and improve its image, quality of broadcasting and picture image.

Only time will tell. It's still more reliable than the edited CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC and other extremist left wing opinion rags. But it has to compete with the gold standard: FoxNews.
OAN Failed Fact Checks

reason10

Governor
OAN Failed Fact Checks

You vomit some left wing alleged "fact checks" and assume they are anywhere CLOSE to the truth. In another post, I have successfully documented WITH RELIABLE SOURCES, the inaccuracy and dishonesty of your alleged "fact checks."