• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do lefty lockdown lovers even know...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
As with most of modern federal policy, the genesis of the "lackdowns" were a George W. Bush brainfart:

For all the problems with Lewis’s book, and there are plenty, he gets this whole backstory right. Bush came to his bioterrorism people and demanded some huge plan to deal with some imagined calamity. When Bush saw the conventional plan — make a threat assessment, distribute therapeutics, work toward a vaccine — he was furious.

“This is bulls**t,” the president yelled.
“We need a whole-of-society plan. What are you going to do about foreign borders? And travel? And commerce?”
Hey, if the president wants a plan, he’ll get a plan.

“We want to use all instruments of national power to confront this threat,” Venkayya reports having told colleagues.
“We were going to invent pandemic planning.”
This was October 2005, the birth of the lockdown idea.

How Fanatics Took Over The World | ZeroHedge

Idiots following the "plan" of an idiot...

reason10

Governor
As with most of modern federal policy, the genesis of the "lackdowns" were a George W. Bush brainfart:

For all the problems with Lewis’s book, and there are plenty, he gets this whole backstory right. Bush came to his bioterrorism people and demanded some huge plan to deal with some imagined calamity. When Bush saw the conventional plan — make a threat assessment, distribute therapeutics, work toward a vaccine — he was furious.

And it took President Donald Trump, THE GREATEST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY, to convince the world that W was an idiot.

Raoul_Luke

And it took President Donald Trump, THE GREATEST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY, to convince the world that W was an idiot.
Well, I certainly was well aware of that fact in 1999 (and said so a million times). But Trump certainly convinced Republicans (some, anyway) that it was okay to admit it. I suspect he is more popular among Democrats these days than he is with Republicans.

Bugsy McGurk

President

FYI, no one “loves” lockdowns. You’re delusional.

Raoul_Luke

Huh? Who’s the “they”? You lost your mind.
Supporters of the use of "lockdowns" to address a pandemic. Try to follow along - if you would maybe try reading my posts two or three times before you respond, you might avoid embarrassing situations like this in the future.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Supporters of the use of "lockdowns" to address a pandemic. Try to follow along - if you would maybe try reading my posts two or three times before you respond, you might avoid embarrassing situations like this in the future.
Sheesh. You’re back to falsely claiming there are “people” who “love” lockdowns? I thought I already ridiculed you enough for that ludicrous lie. You want some more?

;-)

Raoul_Luke

Sheesh. You’re back to falsely claiming there are “people” who “love” lockdowns? I thought I already ridiculed you enough for that ludicrous lie. You want some more?

;-)
If you look to lockdowns as a form of "pandemic response" in the face of very real evidence that they don't work (and now we know that they did not), well, lets just say you don't advocate for something you don't like that doesn't work.

Bugsy McGurk

President
If you look to lockdowns as a form of "pandemic response" in the face of very real evidence that they don't work (and now we know that they did not), well, lets just say you don't advocate for something you don't like that doesn't work.
And still...no quote from any American who says they “love” lockdowns.

Game, set, match.

reason10

Governor
Lockdown lovers? The heck?

So the opposite would be... sick dead people lover?

Big Yikes!
Actually, the idiot blue states who ass fcked their economy with lockdowns that are still in place today have HIGHER numbers of fatalities from the Coronavirus than the intelligent states who went a better course.

Example, Adolf Cuomo KILLED THOUSANDS of old people in New York State by allowing infected people into nursing homes. His death toll is WAY above that of Florida.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/deroy-murdock-cuomo-desantis-coronavirus-nursing-home-response

"The death rate in Florida is about three per 100,000. In New York state it's 27.5 per 100,000. So, [that’s] nine times worse," he added. "Absolutely tragic [and] totally, totally unnecessary!"

Sick dead people is YOUR side of the aisle, Cochise.

Look at South Dakota, a red state with NO lockdown.

https://www.capjournal.com/news/coronavirus/south-dakota-covid-death-rate-much-lower-than-that-of-blue-states/article_c0899aae-af62-11ea-b1de-4b4b996eac26.html

South Dakota COVID death rate much lower than that of ‘blue’ states
Even when accounting for the fact Minnesotans are packed into their state’s boundaries about six times as tightly as South Dakotans are into theirs, the death rate among South Dakota COVID-19 patients is only about one-third of that faced in Minnesota.
And unlike Minnesota and other “blue” states, South Dakota has kept its COVID-19 death rate relatively low without mandating a “shelter-in-place.”

Spamature

President

A)
There was no plan under Trump. You are Russian propagandizing about an imagined response that did not take place.

B) What is your or ZeroHedge's plan to keep people from transmitting a highly communicable and deadly disease on a massive scale.

reason10

Governor
A) There was no plan under Trump. You are Russian propagandizing about an imagined response that did not take place.

That is a LIE. The Trump plan gave us a vaccine that would have been five years away.

B) What is your or ZeroHedge's plan to keep people from transmitting a highly communicable and deadly disease on a massive scale.

Well, Trump was making progress by not allowing infected ILLEGAL ALIENS to cross our borders. Is Joe bothering to have those animals from Honduras tested? NO.
He and Kamala the Ungandan Giant want them in so they can vote Democrat. Meanwhile they continue to infect everyone, as well as bring in drugs and human trafficking.