• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Doomsday Optimism...

Zam-Zam

Senator
On second thought.....

British scientist Neil Ferguson ignited the world’s drastic response to the novel Wuhan coronavirus when he published the bombshell report predicting 2.2 million Americans and more than half a million Brits would be killed. After both the U.S. and U.K. governments effectively shut down their citizens and economies, Ferguson is walking back his doomsday scenarios.

Ferguson’s report from Imperial College, which White House and other officials took seriously, said that if the U.S. and U.K. did not shut down for 18 months, and isolation measures were not taken, “we would expect a peak in mortality (daily deaths) to occur after approximately 3 months.” His “models” showed overflowing hospitals and ICU beds....

...But after tens of thousands of restaurants, bars, and businesses closed, Ferguson is now retracting his modeling, saying he feels “reasonably confident” our health care system can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in a few weeks. Testifying before the U.K.’s parliamentary select committee on science and technology on Wednesday, Ferguson said he now predicts U.K. deaths from the disease will not exceed 20,000, and could be much lower.

Complete text: https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26/the-scientist-whose-doomsday-pandemic-model-predicted-armageddon-just-walked-back-the-apocalyptic-predictions/

That's a little better, no?

On second thought.....

British scientist Neil Ferguson ignited the world’s drastic response to the novel Wuhan coronavirus when he published the bombshell report predicting 2.2 million Americans and more than half a million Brits would be killed. After both the U.S. and U.K. governments effectively shut down their citizens and economies, Ferguson is walking back his doomsday scenarios.

Ferguson’s report from Imperial College, which White House and other officials took seriously, said that if the U.S. and U.K. did not shut down for 18 months, and isolation measures were not taken, “we would expect a peak in mortality (daily deaths) to occur after approximately 3 months.” His “models” showed overflowing hospitals and ICU beds....

...But after tens of thousands of restaurants, bars, and businesses closed, Ferguson is now retracting his modeling, saying he feels “reasonably confident” our health care system can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in a few weeks. Testifying before the U.K.’s parliamentary select committee on science and technology on Wednesday, Ferguson said he now predicts U.K. deaths from the disease will not exceed 20,000, and could be much lower.

Complete text: https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26/the-scientist-whose-doomsday-pandemic-model-predicted-armageddon-just-walked-back-the-apocalyptic-predictions/

That's a little better, no?
A little better.

There ya go:

Scientist Whose Model Predicted Doomsday Backtracks

The civil war killed 2% of the American population. I think that is a good reference point for the covid will have. If it only kills 0.5% of the American population, we will only suffer a quarter of the trauma we suffered in the civil war. That's still huge.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan

Zam-Zam

Senator
You do know that the realclearpolitics.com story is nothing but a link back to your propaganda article don't you?

Oh that's right you're a conservative. You are that smart......

You can keep on believing Mr. Ferguson, who is quoted directly, never said any of those things if you prefer to. That works for me.

Have a nice evening.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
You can keep on believing Mr. Ferguson, who is quoted directly, never said any of those things if you prefer to. That works for me.

Have a nice evening.

Gave up I guess. Ferguson is certainly entitled to his opinions as is Trump. Let's recap what Trump has said about the virus that now shares his name....

Zam-Zam

Senator
What happened to your other sources? Couldn't find them I guess.
At the risk of repeating myself. I am perfectly fine with you believing Mr. Ferguson never made those remarks, if that's what you prefer. Ergo, no other sources are required.