• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Flynn call transcript released...no bombshell for Dems...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Look, this is really quite simple - unless the FBI agents were asking him about a crime they suspected him of committing, then he could lie to them with impunity. So what crime were they investigating when they questioned him?

We now have the call transcripts and we know the sanctions did come up but only in the context of Flynn asking Kislyak to request that the Kremlin only reciprocate and not escalate. Which is why the agents' (original) notes were so equivocal over whether or not he actually lied when he denied discussing them. Is asking the Russians to be restrained in their response really talking about Obama's sanctions themselves? I don't think any reasonable person would interpret it that way. The only persons who would are those applying an unreasonably expansive view of what "discussing the sanctions" entails. Which is kind of the SOP of the people involved in the "Crossfire Hurricane" hoax.

So there's that. Then there's the critical element of the 1001 statute itself, which clearly requires that, for a lie to an agent to be a crime, 1) the discussion be in reference to a criminal matter involving the individual being questioned and 2) that the "suspect" know that he is lying for the purpose of evading prosecution of the crime the agent(s) are investigating. So even if there were an underlying crime in that conversation, such as your laughable suggestion of a "Logan Act" violation, if Flynn could have reasonably interpreted their question as referring to discussing the actual Obama sanctions, rather than the foreign policy dynamics surrounding them, then he could honestly say that he did not discuss "the sanctions" themselves.

That I have to keep explaining all of this to you over and over and over again is a complete wast of your time, my time and all of our readers' time. So please, just move on. You were wrong about this from the get go. You are still wrong about this. And, unless you change your views to coincide with reality, you will always be wrong about this.
Your version of history is the complete waste of my time.

Did Flynn lie? That is not in dispute. Did Flynn confess? Also not in dispute. Did Flynn sign a statement saying he wasn't threatened? Yes.

So when he signed that statement that he was not threatened he was lying?
What an incredibly stupid question.

Agree to a plea deal or we prosecute your son.

Flynn was already out 6 million dollars in legal fees. He did what a lot of people would do.

Obama Administration went out of their way to destroy this man's life and you are ok with it because its what Mr. Hope and Corrupt wanted.

Did Flynn lie? That is not in dispute. Did Flynn confess? Also not in dispute. Did Flynn sign a statement saying he wasn't threatened? Yes.
I would laugh at this if it wasn't so [Unwelcome language removed] pathetic.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
In fact, JACK SHIT about this call was worthy of investigation.

The call starts off with the two men discussing the Middle East.

Kislyak tells Flynn that Russia “wanted to convey to” him and then-President-Elect Trump that they had “significant reservations about the idea of adopting new principles for the Middle East that our American colleagues are pushing for.” Kislyak says that Russia is “not going to support it.”

Flynn says: “Okay.”

Kislyak goes on to say that “U.S. policy might, uh, be changing or not, we want to understand what is going to be your policy when and if we are to implement things that we are working on.”

Kislyak then requests that Russian President Vladimir Putin and Trump have a video meeting on a “secure video line,” so that Putin can “congratulate” Trump and “discuss a small number, briefly, of issues that are on his agenda,” for Jan. 21, 2017.

Flynn says: “OK,” before telling Kislyak: .“What I would ask you guys to do — and make sure you, make sure that you convey this, okay? Do not, do not uh, allow this administration to box us in right now, okay?”

Flynn is referring to the Obama administration’s move to sanction Russia and expel dozens of Russian diplomats due to what he calls “cyber stuff,” and urges Kislyak not to escalate further.

“What I would ask Russia to do is to not—is—is—if anything—because I know you have to have some sort of action—to, to only make it reciprocal,” Flynn said. “Make it reciprocal. Don’t-don’t make it-don’t go any further than you have to. Because I don’t want us to get into something that has to escalate, on a, you know, on a tit for tat. You follow me ambassador?”

Kislyak says: “I understand what you’re saying, but you know, you might appreciate the sentiments that are raging now in Moscow.”

Flynn says he does “appreciate it, but I really don’t want us to get into a situation where we’re going, you know, where we do this and then you do something bigger, and then you know, everybody’s got to go back and forth and everybody’s got to be the tough guy here, you know?”

Flynn adds: “We don’t need to, we don’t need that right now, we need to—we need cool heads to prevail, and uh, and we need to be very steady about what we’re going to do because we have absolutely a common uh, threat, in the Middle East right now.”

Kislyak says he agrees, and Flynn says: “We have to eliminate this common threat.”

Kislyak goes on to discuss sanctions, saying that “one of the problems among the measures that have been announced today is that now FSB and GRU are sanctions, are sanctioned, and I ask myself, uh, does it mean that the United States isn't willing to work on terrorist threats?”

Flynn dismisses the comments, by saying: “Yeah, yeah ... yep ... yeah.” He then urges Kislyak: “If you have to do something, do something on a reciprocal basis, meaning you know, on sort of an even basis. Then that, then that is a good message and we’ll understand that message.

“And then, we know that we’re not going to escalate this thing, where we, where because if we put out--if we send out 30 guys and you send out 60, you know, or you shut down every Embassy, I mean we have to get this to a--let's keep this at a level that uh, is even-keeled, okay? And then what we can do is, when we come in, we can then have a better conversation about where we're gonna go uh, regarding, uh, regarding our relationship.”

Flynn added: “And also, basically we have to take these, these enemies on that we have. And we definitely have a common enemy. You have a problem with it, we have a problem with it in this country, and we definitely have a problem with it in the Middle East.”

Later in the call, Flynn tells Kislyak to “remember ... Ambassador, you're not talking to a diplomat, you're talking to a soldier, so l'm a very practical guy, and it's about solutions. It's about very practical solutions that we're - that we need to come up with here.”

He added: “And we have to stop talking past each other on - and so that means that we have to understand exactly what it is that we want to try to achieve, okay?"

Kislyak replies by saying he agrees "fully."
Here is the transcript of a phone call...not the first one...if you read it you'll note that they refer to a previous conversation.

Add to that the part of the call discussing a vote in the UN security council...you seem to have missed that Flynn is asking the Russians to not support a motion that the Obama administration does support.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

You only consider it a waste of time because it completely destroys your position on this.

Did Flynn lie? Not really - he said he didn't discuss the "sanctions" and he in fact did not, except referring to them in the abstract. So in fact it is in dispute.

Did he confess? Yes, that is not in dispute but in fact what he "confessed" to is not a crime, which is at the root of the DOJ efforts to drop the charges.

Did he sign a statement saying that he wasn't threatened? Yes, but that is a moot point because a) he didn't commit a crime, and b) the DOJ is dropping the charges.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You only consider it a waste of time because it completely destroys your position on this.

Did Flynn lie? Not really - he said he didn't discuss the "sanctions" and he in fact did not, except referring to them in the abstract. So in fact it is in dispute.

Did he confess? Yes, that is not in dispute but in fact what he "confessed" to is not a crime, which is at the root of the DOJ efforts to drop the charges.

Did he sign a statement saying that he wasn't threatened? Yes, but that is a moot point because a) he didn't commit a crime, and b) the DOJ is dropping the charges.
Did Flynn lie...."NOT REALLY".....that is the bottom line. Did he confess. "Yes, but not to a crime".

The AG dropped the charges and the prosecutor resigned in protest.
Because you think you read minds you turn that into him being embarrassed...

OldTrapper

Council Member
Mueller's cronies threatened to go after his son if he did not plead guilty. That is prosecutorial misconduct. This has been hashed out over and over on this forum. This is really rather simple but the boneheaded part of the electorate cannot except it. You should be embarrassed. We know the prosecutor, Van Grack, was because he fled the case after his misconduct was discovered on a myriad of issues here.

Is that not the same thing that the right is doing to Biden? To inform one that other members of the family may by investigated is a common practice, not bullying. So, get your bonehead out of your ass, and look at reality.

Raoul_Luke

Did Flynn lie...."NOT REALLY".....that is the bottom line. Did he confess. "Yes, but not to a crime".

The AG dropped the charges and the prosecutor resigned in protest.
Because you think you read minds you turn that into him being embarrassed...
He wasn't "embarrassed," he was exposed...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
He wasn't "embarrassed," he was exposed...
So he's been disbarred? Is he being prosecuted? Nah.

Flynn's charges were dropped on Trump's orders. Trump's people keep interfering in legal actions against their own...and you work your ass off to give them cover.

Just like previous republican presidents...Nixon breaks the law and resigns...Ford gives him immunity. Reagan officials sell weapons to Iran, illegally fund terrorists in Nicaragua and HW Bush gives them a get out of jail free card. Admin officials blow Valerie Plame's identity to a reporter...Bush lets LIbby off the hook. Trump's people interfere in sentencing Stone and drop the charges on Flynn and you don't see a trend?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

Flynn's charges were dropped on Trump's orders. Trump's people keep interfering in legal actions against their own...and you work your ass off to give them cover.

Just like previous republican presidents...Nixon breaks the law and resigns...Ford gives him immunity. Reagan officials sell weapons to Iran, illegally fund terrorists in Nicaragua and HW Bush gives them a get out of jail free card. Admin officials blow Valerie Plame's identity to a reporter...Bush lets LIbby off the hook. Trump's people interfere in sentencing Stone and drop the charges on Flynn and you don't see a trend?
link to proof of this????

Raoul_Luke

1001 says that for a lie to be a criminal act, it must be covering up a criminal act. So I keep asking you what crime Flynn was covering up and you can't seem to find one. And around we go again...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1001 says that for a lie to be a criminal act, it must be covering up a criminal act. So I keep asking you what crime Flynn was covering up and you can't seem to find one. And around we go again...
His attempt to conduct foreign policy as a civilian is a violation of the logan act.

Mick

The Right is always right
Is that not the same thing that the right is doing to Biden? To inform one that other members of the family may by investigated is a common practice, not bullying. So, get your bonehead out of your ass, and look at reality.
There are no DOJ prosecutors threatening Biden or his son. Old snapper, you're too senile to have a conversation anymore. Time to give up the gig for your own good.

Mick

His attempt to conduct foreign policy as a civilian is a violation of the logan act.
The Logan Act is an archaic, never before prosecuted law. It has never been relevant to a single American in our entire history. It certainly would never be relevant to an incoming national security adviser working internationally to prepare for the incoming administration. It was a desperate excuse to target Flynn.

You sound insane when you keep pushing that hoax.

Mick

Flynn signed a document saying he was not threatened. Van Grack quit in disgust.
That is a standard document. And Van Grack did quit in disgust. Disgusted by his own efforts to hide the facts that were uncovered. That's why he fled the second he was confronted.