Photo above - Putin reviewing his troops, prior to threatening to nuke Berlin
Not shown - Nato preparations to defend a key member state.
I'd point out that the title of this post is an actual film. But nobody has even seen it. Not even me.
In any case, add “Berlin” to the long list of places Russia is promising to nuke. Evidently because Germany has changed its mind and IS sending “Leopard” tanks to Ukraine after all.
As part of the same press release, the Biden Administration is promising to send M1-A2 Abrams tanks to Ukraine. The ones with turbine (jet) engines that burn 100 gallons of fuel per hour, whenever the ignition switch is on.
Russia has previously vowed to nuke “Las Vegas”, so I don't think an additional nuke threat will be forthcoming over the Abrams thing. Evidently someone in Russia has concluded that all of the Pentagon's best weapons are made in Vegas. Or that Vegas is the cultural center of the USA. Muslims zeroed in on the World Trade Center for the same reason I believe.
Where else is the Putin regime targeting its nukes?
- Ukraine, naturally. Not just Kiev. A bunch of cities you never heard of. Evidently Russian nukes don't have much of a footprint. And Putin is totally unconcerned about the prevailing westerly winds blowing all that radiation back to mother Russia.
- London. This was when Queen Elizabeth was still alive, of course. Now that Charles is in charge, and the feud between Harry and Andrew is out in the open, Russia's London nukes may have been re-targeted toward Manchester . Home to TWO premier league soccer clubs that have previously spanked Russia's national team during “friendly” matches.
- Paris. Which seems kind of pointless. Paris isn't even a NATO member, and would probably just set up a “government in exile” someplace else if attacked. Don't laugh – it worked for them last time.
- Sweden and Finland. Russia will nuke both of these nations if they apply for NATO membership. The threat level is diminishing however. Recep Erdogan, Putin's puppet ruler of Turkey, is blocking Sweden's NATO application. Finland is “indecisive” without their pals, the Swedes.
- Poland. And probably a bunch of similar places. The US press isn't very good about keeping track of Putin's bluster and threats. They have, however, dutifully reported ever rumor that “Putin is dying of something” or “about to be removed in a coup”. These are probably more interesting to Americans, who cannot find Poland, Sweden, or Finland on a map.
Putin's approval rate (in Russia) is 70%. The other 30% are in the army, or prison. Biden's approval rating is 41%. Some bull$hit poll from “Emerson College” of 1,015 people suggests that Trump wins a rematch with Biden in 2024. (As reported in “The Hill”)
I have had it up to here with polls and expert predictions. Ukraine did NOT surrender. Putin is NOT beloved by ordinary Russians. Trump is NOT going to become president in 2024.
Can we please insist that our press do better at whatever it is they're supposed to do? Polls show that Americans trust the media even less than they trust congress, used car salesmen, and the word "organic" on food labels.