• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Goodbye Berlin!

1674664639547.png

Photo above - Putin reviewing his troops, prior to threatening to nuke Berlin
Not shown - Nato preparations to defend a key member state.​

I'd point out that the title of this post is an actual film. But nobody has even seen it. Not even me.

In any case, add “Berlin” to the long list of places Russia is promising to nuke. Evidently because Germany has changed its mind and IS sending “Leopard” tanks to Ukraine after all.

As part of the same press release, the Biden Administration is promising to send M1-A2 Abrams tanks to Ukraine. The ones with turbine (jet) engines that burn 100 gallons of fuel per hour, whenever the ignition switch is on.

Russia has previously vowed to nuke “Las Vegas”, so I don't think an additional nuke threat will be forthcoming over the Abrams thing. Evidently someone in Russia has concluded that all of the Pentagon's best weapons are made in Vegas. Or that Vegas is the cultural center of the USA. Muslims zeroed in on the World Trade Center for the same reason I believe.

Where else is the Putin regime targeting its nukes?
  1. Ukraine, naturally. Not just Kiev. A bunch of cities you never heard of. Evidently Russian nukes don't have much of a footprint. And Putin is totally unconcerned about the prevailing westerly winds blowing all that radiation back to mother Russia.
  2. London. This was when Queen Elizabeth was still alive, of course. Now that Charles is in charge, and the feud between Harry and Andrew is out in the open, Russia's London nukes may have been re-targeted toward Manchester . Home to TWO premier league soccer clubs that have previously spanked Russia's national team during “friendly” matches.
  3. Paris. Which seems kind of pointless. Paris isn't even a NATO member, and would probably just set up a “government in exile” someplace else if attacked. Don't laugh – it worked for them last time.
  4. Sweden and Finland. Russia will nuke both of these nations if they apply for NATO membership. The threat level is diminishing however. Recep Erdogan, Putin's puppet ruler of Turkey, is blocking Sweden's NATO application. Finland is “indecisive” without their pals, the Swedes.
  5. Poland. And probably a bunch of similar places. The US press isn't very good about keeping track of Putin's bluster and threats. They have, however, dutifully reported ever rumor that “Putin is dying of something” or “about to be removed in a coup”. These are probably more interesting to Americans, who cannot find Poland, Sweden, or Finland on a map.
The subcontext here is that US "experts" doubt that Russian generals would actually carry out any nuclear first strike ordered by Putin. These are the same experts who predicted that Ukraine would surrender in a week.

Putin's approval rate (in Russia) is 70%. The other 30% are in the army, or prison. Biden's approval rating is 41%. Some bull$hit poll from “Emerson College” of 1,015 people suggests that Trump wins a rematch with Biden in 2024. (As reported in “The Hill”)

I have had it up to here with polls and expert predictions. Ukraine did NOT surrender. Putin is NOT beloved by ordinary Russians. Trump is NOT going to become president in 2024.

Can we please insist that our press do better at whatever it is they're supposed to do? Polls show that Americans trust the media even less than they trust congress, used car salesmen, and the word "organic" on food labels.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
View attachment 73770

I'd point out that the title of this post is an actual film. But nobody has even seen it. Not even me.

In any case, add “Berlin” to the long list of places Russia is promising to nuke. Evidently because Germany has changed its mind and IS sending “Leopard” tanks to Ukraine after all.

As part of the same press release, the Biden Administration is promising to send M1-A2 Abrams tanks to Ukraine. The ones with turbine (jet) engines that burn 100 gallons of fuel per hour, whenever the ignition switch is on.

Russia has previously vowed to nuke “Las Vegas”, so I don't think an additional nuke threat will be forthcoming over the Abrams thing. Evidently someone in Russia has concluded that all of the Pentagon's best weapons are made in Vegas. Or that Vegas is the cultural center of the USA. Muslims zeroed in on the World Trade Center for the same reason I believe.

1. Ukraine, naturally. Not just Kiev. A bunch of cities you never heard of. Evidently Russian nukes don't have much of a footprint. And Putin is totally unconcerned about the prevailing westerly winds blowing all that radiation back to mother Russia.
  2. London. This was when Queen Elizabeth was still alive, of course. Now that Charles is in charge, and the feud between Harry and Andrew is out in the open, Russia's London nukes may have been re-targeted toward Manchester . Home to TWO premier league soccer clubs that have previously spanked Russia's national team during “friendly” matches.
  3. Paris. Which seems kind of pointless. Paris isn't even a NATO member, and would probably just set up a “government in exile” someplace else if attacked. Don't laugh – it worked for them last time.
  4. Sweden and Finland. Russia will nuke both of these nations if they apply for NATO membership. The threat level is diminishing however. Recep Erdogan, Putin's puppet ruler of Turkey, is blocking Sweden's NATO application. Finland is “indecisive” without their pals, the Swedes.
  5. Poland. And probably a bunch of similar places. The US press isn't very good about keeping track of Putin's bluster and threats. They have, however, dutifully reported ever rumor that “Putin is dying of something” or “about to be removed in a coup”. These are probably more interesting to Americans, who cannot find Poland, Sweden, or Finland on a map.
The subcontext here is that US "experts" doubt that Russian generals would actually carry out any nuclear first strike ordered by Putin. These are the same experts who predicted that Ukraine would surrender in a week.

Putin's approval rate (in Russia) is 70%. The other 30% are in the army, or prison. Biden's approval rating is 41%. Some bull$hit poll from “Emerson College” of 1,015 people suggests that Trump wins a rematch with Biden in 2024. (As reported in “The Hill”)

I have had it up to here with polls and expert predictions. Ukraine did NOT surrender. Putin is NOT beloved by ordinary Russians. Trump is NOT going to become president in 2024.

Can we please insist that our press do better at whatever it is they're supposed to do? Polls show that Americans trust the media even less than they trust congress, used car salesmen, and the word "organic" on food labels.
Nuking Sweden and Finland?? But what about the resultant nuclear winter? Errr…nevermind…

Nuking Sweden and Finland?? But what about the resultant nuclear winter? Errr…nevermind…
i still love that hollywood film ("the day after tomorrow") where an ice age is triggered by global warming.

proof that CGI blizzards are cheaper to make than CGI dinosaurs.

Winter is Coming!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 73770

Our media is shit.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
i still love that hollywood film ("the day after tomorrow") where an ice age is triggered by global warming.

proof that CGI blizzards are cheaper to make than CGI dinosaurs.

Winter is Coming!
Disaster flicks suck post-Irwin Allen. Gimme George Kennedy and Charlton Heston. Get those rumbling, vibrating theater seats going. Those were the good old days!

Disaster flicks suck post-Irwin Allen. Gimme George Kennedy and Charlton Heston. Get those rumbling, vibrating theater seats going. Those were the good old days!
my top 10 ideas for new disaster films (faceiously)

1. when the earths magnetic field reverses (as it's about to) ducks and geese migrate the wrong way, and GPS fails entirely.

2. the definitive burmese python movie. A giant one attacks disneyworld.

3. special movie just about the "crabfeeders" on House of the Dragon. These guys were WAAY to evil to get killed off right away.

4. Pirhanas that have adapted to live in northern, cold water.

5. space debris renders all satellites unusable - cell phones, spy satellites, internet, weather sats, military sats. it's like going back to the 1950's

6. there have been at least 3 "ant apocalypse" movies. Termites are overdue. all wooden buldings are being consumed.

7. The moon is drifting away (this is really true). it begins to happen faster. The tides and related plate tectonics become uncontrollable.

8. Dolphins become super intelligent and turn on us.

9. the earth "fractures", and the oceans start to drain into the core.

10. Trump and Biden are the nominees in 2024

Our media is shit.
agreed. but less "shit" than

Russia
China
Cuba
Brazil
North Korea
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Italy
Egypt
Most of Africa
Argentina
Venezuela
Indonesia
India

and so on - i think i've covered about 90% of the planet's population there, right?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
my top 10 ideas for new disaster films (faceiously)

1. when the earths magnetic field reverses (as it's about to) ducks and geese migrate the wrong way, and GPS fails entirely.

2. the definitive burmese python movie. A giant one attacks disneyworld.

3. special movie just about the "crabfeeders" on House of the Dragon. These guys were WAAY to evil to get killed off right away.

4. Pirhanas that have adapted to live in northern, cold water.

5. space debris renders all satellites unusable - cell phones, spy satellites, internet, weather sats, military sats. it's like going back to the 1950's

6. there have been at least 3 "ant apocalypse" movies. Termites are overdue. all wooden buldings are being consumed.

7. The moon is drifting away (this is really true). it begins to happen faster. The tides and related plate tectonics become uncontrollable.

8. Dolphins become super intelligent and turn on us.

9. the earth "fractures", and the oceans start to drain into the core.

10. Trump and Biden are the nominees in 2024
Some good candidates there. Let’s wheel out the puffy, swollen William Shatner as star. What the heck happened to that guy anyway. He seems to have contracted the Al Gore/Ted Kennedy “blotation devise” malady. Dude’s gonna blow!

RickWA

Snagglesooth
agreed. but less "shit" than

Russia
China
Cuba
Brazil
North Korea
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Italy
Egypt
Most of Africa
Argentina
Venezuela
Indonesia
India

and so on - i think i've covered about 90% of the planet's population there, right?
Ya gotta love that chirpy-tweety-squealy North Korea State media lady. She makes Jean Kasem sound like William F Buckley.