• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Happily enough today I got my Feuerhand.

God of War

Governor
It came directly from Finland (via made in Germany) and then via Charles de Gaulle Airport. I ordered it Saturday night. It was picked and processed on Monday and Federal Expressed to my lap by today Thursday (before noon) all for less than $50. Very well made. People actually use it rather than doily it up. I highly recommend the brand wherever the logistical supply chain allows you to pick one up. I'm prepping for end times with all the paraffin (aka kerosene) burning equipment I can get my hands on :0).

1631232849098.png

Last edited:

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
It came directly from Finland (via made in Germany) and then via Charles de Gaulle Airport. I ordered it Saturday night. It was picked and processed on Monday and Federal Expressed to my lap by today Thursday (before noon) all for less than $50. Very well made. People actually use it rather than doily it up. I highly recommend the brand wherever the logistical supply chain allows you to pick one up. I'm prepping for end times with all the paraffin (aka kerosene) burning equipment I can get my hands on :0).

View attachment 65575
Nice, have extra wicks?

God of War

Governor
Nice, have extra wicks?
Thanks. Just got them. I'm really impressed with the German quality built into this. It's very bright for its size too. It'll be nice camping w/ it. I might have should have gotten the fire engine red one though... :0)

Ohhh... I also picked up some strike anywhere matches at Ace today. 300 for a buck fifty. The smell takes me back funny enough to more analog times.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Thanks. Just got them. I'm really impressed with the German quality built into this. It's very bright for its size too. It'll be nice camping w/ it. I might have should have gotten the fire engine red one though... :0)

Ohhh... I also picked up some strike anywhere matches at Ace today. 300 for a buck fifty. The smell takes me back funny enough to more analog times.
I started preparing when I got to tornado county, have one of those Swiss emergency water filter,solar battery charger, big 12v rv marine battery, food and emergency supplys for at least six months. We'll get by ok. Bought a twig stove too, https://www.amazon.com/twig-stove/s?k=twig+stove
Comes in handy for small stuff when we're in a power outage handy little bugger.

God of War

Governor
I started preparing when I got to tornado county, have one of those Swiss emergency water filter,solar battery charger, big 12v rv marine battery, food and emergency supplys for at least six months. We'll get by ok. Bought a twig stove too, https://www.amazon.com/twig-stove/s?k=twig+stove
Comes in handy for small stuff when we're in a power outage handy little bugger.
Yeah, I've seen those "rocket" stoves... Very, fuel efficient. Looking for one to cook with my pressure cooker. Presumably pressure cooker cooking is more energy efficient and on twigs no less. This one below is a bit big for some I've seen.

1631321766641.png

God of War

Governor
@Bernard_Fokke
This is what I'm looking for that isn't absurdly priced (smaller than the first one). Til then I've only got a 30-year old-school Coleman stove. The Coleman is fun but the twig stove you talk about probably more so.

1631327610066.png

1631327840872.png

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
@Bernard_Fokke
This is what I'm looking for that isn't absurdly priced (smaller than the first one). Til then I've only got a 30-year old-school Coleman stove. The Coleman is fun but the twig stove you talk about probably more so.

View attachment 65622

View attachment 65624
Got the Coleman as well,also have a propane conversion kit for it too. My little twig stove is for coffee and heating a little water for freeze dried meals. Twiggy is lite duty. I burn wood pellets that are soaked in paraffin and scooped into paper cupcake molds.
Burns clean and hot and starts easy.

God of War

Governor
Got the Coleman as well,also have a propane conversion kit for it too. My little twig stove is for coffee and heating a little water for freeze dried meals. Twiggy is lite duty. I burn wood pellets that are soaked in paraffin and scooped into paper cupcake molds.
Burns clean and hot and starts easy.
Come April, if this ... ... ... of a President keeps getting away with murder I might be heading up as far North as you can get in the midwest. North star country and these kind of things stoves, lamps, oil, ... will flesh out well the move back to a 97% analog lifestyle. The ancestral country isn't as beautifully quaint as it once was (people are great but they were greater) but it is far away enough from .... And the land (a forty) is absolutely beautiful as is the vast surrounding land.

Last edited:

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Come April, if this ... ... ... of a President keeps getting away with murder I might be heading up as far North as you can get in the midwest. North star country and these kind of things stoves, lamps, oil, ... will flesh out well the move back to a 97% analog lifestyle. The ancestral country isn't as beautifully quaint as it once was (people are great but they were greater) but it is far away enough from .... And the land (a forty) is absolutely beautiful as is the vast surrounding land.
I'd recommend some range time too
IMG_20210911_120158.jpg