• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hello

Ms. Truth

Council Member
I tend to lean left but my views can vary around, I consider myself to lean on the side of common sense actually without partisan influence and I have no problem calling out either side for their misconceptions.

As an example.

I believe in personal responsibility but I also believe that we as a society have a personal responsibility to help those in need.

I look forward to sharing views with other members here and engaging in meaningful conversations.

Thank you very much for having me.

BobbyT

Governor
I tend to lean left but my views can vary around, I consider myself to lean on the side of common sense actually without partisan influence and I have no problem calling out either side for their misconceptions.

As an example.

I believe in personal responsibility but I also believe that we as a society have a personal responsibility to help those in need.

I look forward to sharing views with other members here and engaging in meaningful conversations.

Welcome Ms Truth.

Jen

Senator
Welcome.
I always say what I think.
But you know that since we've already had our first meeting here ;)

You'll have to explain the above a little bit more to me.

Are you saying that you believe in personal responsibility and your view of your own responsibility is that you should help those in need? Because that is fine. More than fine. But if you think it is your responsibility to use society to compel me to help those in need then we disagree.

I only ask because I'm confused how we as a society have a personal responsibility.

Ms. Truth

Council Member
You'll have to explain the above a little bit more to me.

Are you saying that you believe in personal responsibility and your view of your own responsibility is that you should help those in need? Because that is fine. More than fine. But if you think it is your responsibility to use society to compel me to help those in need then we disagree.

I only ask because I'm confused how we as a society have a personal responsibility.
As Americans it is important we take care of our own.

While I do not believe in simple handouts we should provide support for those that actually need it.

It is the Marine philosophy that you never leave a man behind.

If a person simply wants to take advantage of a system because they are lazy then I have no sympathy for them but for those that may just need a hand up I feel we should offer that to them.

I understand that is very abstract but so was your question.

I care a great deal for my countrymen but I am also not stupid.

I don't believe in free healthcare for all but I believe everyone should be insured.

I believe that a family of four at a certain income level should pay less in taxes then a millionaire.

I am not on the climate change wagon but I don't like to see my air filled with pollutants and I do not like to see our oceans polluted with plastic.

I disagree with women having abortions personally but that is between them and God, the child gets a free ride to Heaven.

I do not like immigrants invading my country but as a Christian I also cannot turn my back on those that are actually in need. There must be a way to solve that and I have a few ideas.

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist

As an example.

Sounds a lot like me except I tend to lean right.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
So this one was driven off, too, then...?

Stayed for 113 posts and 5 days -- longer than most.

*sigh*