• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hey BD...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be on the dirty side of this one unless it takes a sharp turn east and that's not expected. I am about 35 miles inland from Galveston. Lotta rain headed our way probably. Nothing like Hurricane Harvey in August 2017 though. We got 50+ inches of rain in a 72 hour span then. We need some rain here.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
It ain't gonna be that bad.
I hope not. It does seem that every year the flooding gets worse and worse in Houston with all of the building that has been going on. No place for the water to go.

Good luck!

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I hope not. It does seem that every year the flooding gets worse and worse in Houston with all of the building that has been going on. No place for the water to go.

Good luck!
I live in SE Harris County very close to upper Trinity Bay and the entrance to the Houston Ship Channel. For the last 40 years they have been doing significant drainage improvements in the little 35K residents municipality I live in. As far as water having no place to go, a big storm surge from a 'cane making landfall closeby is the concern here when one is heading our way. This one looks to be a rain event mostly. Highest possible estimate for rain I've seen so far is maybe 10-15 inches in some places in the Houston-Galveston-Beaumont triangle. That's not even a third of the worst of it from Harvey in 2017.

PNWest

I live in SE Harris County very close to upper Trinity Bay and the entrance to the Houston Ship Channel. For the last 40 years they have been doing significant drainage improvements in the little 35K residents municipality I live in. As far as water having no place to go, a big storm surge from a 'cane making landfall closeby is the concern here when one is heading our way. This one looks to be a rain event mostly. Highest possible estimate for rain I've seen so far is maybe 10-15 inches in some places in the Houston-Galveston-Beaumont triangle. That's not even a third of the worst of it from Harvey in 2017.
Harvey smacked some very well off sections of town on the west side in the energy corridor. One of the rare times that the rich folks houses were flooded. Got my fingers crossed for you. You've been there, done that and probably have a dozen T-Shirts for this kind of thing.

Good luck anyway.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Great. I know y'all don't need any more rain. We actually do.
Well, not for corn but would be great for soybeans

When my daughter and family lived in Texas City didn't take much rain to flood

Here's hope ya'll faired well

PNWest

Well, not for corn but would be great for soybeans

When my daughter and family lived in Texas City didn't take much rain to flood

Here's hope ya'll faired well

Did she ever go fishing on the Texas City dike? Quite a unique location, particularly at nigh with all the lights along the ship channel.