• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

i admit, there are a few sane cons left

President Obama has engaged in a dubious maneuver to force a recess appointment through a Senate that denies it has recessed.

The president’s action has ignited a fireworks show of Republican outrage. And yes, Obama has here pushed presidential power beyond past limits.

But it’s not only presidents who can bend the rules. The Senate has also pushed its powers here beyond the usual limits. The Senate is pretending to be in session when it’s obviously not in session. It is engaging in this pretense in order to use its power over confirmations to negate an agency lawfully created by the prior Congress. Most fundamentally, the Senate here is further extending a weird quirk in its own rules–the quirk that allows individual senators to delay votes on appointments–in ways that allow the Senate minority to impose its will on the whole US government.

http://www.frumforum.com/the-cordray-crisis#more-108713

Over the past three decades, we have lived through a prolonged cycle of partisan revenge. Each party pushes the law to score partisan points in ways that would have been deemed unacceptable only just a little while ago. Then at the next turn of the cycle, the other party pushes the law further and wider and even more destructively. One by one, they sequentially smash the customs and traditions that enabled the US government to function. This latest episode over the Cordray appointment may be the most extreme example. But it’s surely not the final example.

It is instead an ominous milestone in the deterioration of the US political system into ever more intense acrimony and paralysi

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
it ok. i blame the spectrum of an effete, inneffective panoply of worthless politicians...

it ok. i blame the spectrum of an effete, inneffective panoply of worthless politicians...
see, I am more specific, than abstract
blame the "politician".
Hey, phil,at least now you may get a feeling how strongly I hated the communists, but I did not have an internet and discussion board at the time....

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
whats abstract...all parties in the spectrum are culpable..

commuism was an abomination...no parallel..

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
perhaps not, but my forebears did...I'm capable enough to render my own decisions..

GOP is not as bad..and where you may contend so..I'll simply state then it extends to all in the political spectrum..

perhaps not, but my forebears did...I'm capable enough to render my own decisions..

GOP is not as bad..and where you may contend so..I'll simply state then it extends to all in the political spectrum..
the new GOP is as bad, phil, your forebears if they see it right now would probably agree with me.
Yes ideology is different, the same swinish behavior is similar...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
uuh...there's not conversing here...have it your way..

I'll keep an eye out for the gulags, the mass starvation, etc that will assuredly butress your stance..

my forebears availed themselves of the greatness of america...in stark contrast to what they left behind...and the effort it took to bring their own..here.. they'd not shit upon..so readily...

uuh...there's not conversing here...have it your way..

I'll keep an eye out for the gulags, the mass starvation, etc that will assuredly butress your stance..

my forebears availed themselves of the greatness of america...in stark contrast to what they left behind...and the effort it took to bring their own..here.. they'd not shit upon..so readily...
things change, when they came over here, America did not have an anti-american party running wild and gulags were still in place back there.
If it will make easier on you, i will admit a slight correction: the late commies of the Brezhnev times which I witnessed after your forebears left are not much different than modern GOP

If you hate communists, then why do you support the Dems?
you are con,you have a simplistic worldview.

the communists and modern GOP establishment is swine praying on gullible people, lying to gullible people, screwing gullible people.
Was my explanation simple enough for you, con?

GOP is as bad abomination, trust me, I've witnessed both with my own eyes, you didn't
Yeh, you of all people (if you even qualify) should know better. Nobody does nepotism and corporate incest like Chicago or la Rodina, yet Lev thinks the current President has nothing in common, no ideological similarities between Obama and any other left wing icons, the old country, etc.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
President Obama has engaged in a dubious maneuver to force a recess appointment through a Senate that denies it has recessed.

The president’s action has ignited a fireworks show of Republican outrage. And yes, Obama has here pushed presidential power beyond past limits.

But it’s not only presidents who can bend the rules. The Senate has also pushed its powers here beyond the usual limits. The Senate is pretending to be in session when it’s obviously not in session. It is engaging in this pretense in order to use its power over confirmations to negate an agency lawfully created by the prior Congress. Most fundamentally, the Senate here is further extending a weird quirk in its own rules–the quirk that allows individual senators to delay votes on appointments–in ways that allow the Senate minority to impose its will on the whole US government.

http://www.frumforum.com/the-cordray-crisis#more-108713

Over the past three decades, we have lived through a prolonged cycle of partisan revenge. Each party pushes the law to score partisan points in ways that would have been deemed unacceptable only just a little while ago. Then at the next turn of the cycle, the other party pushes the law further and wider and even more destructively. One by one, they sequentially smash the customs and traditions that enabled the US government to function. This latest episode over the Cordray appointment may be the most extreme example. But it’s surely not the final example.

It is instead an ominous milestone in the deterioration of the US political system into ever more intense acrimony and paralysi
Mr. Yuri,

I wish we could say the same thing about liberals, but it seems like they are all Koo-koo for cocao puffs.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Well Phil, I assume that you are not part of that effete panoply of politicians and you are part of the wise and informed public. Since you are well-informed and not part of that effete panoply, it seems to me like you are a good candidate to run for office and clean things up.

Or do you just enjoy being an armchair quarterback?

yeah..you tell em...