• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I care about the environment...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
But I just can't get behind some of the envirowhacko stuff.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/461119-greenpeace-activists-rappel-off-houston-bridge-to-protest-fossil-fuels

These Greenpeace folks have been hanging off the Fred Hartman Bridge over the Houston Ship Channel since this morning. The Dem debate is in Houston tonight and there's extra media in town,so they decided on this publicity stunt. You can see that bridge from where I live. Two lanes were closed during rush hour traffic this morning and will be again in just a few hours. Causing a traffic delay like that,among other wasted resources, is not helpful to their cause. Just what Dems hoping to flip Texas need too...pissed off working class people.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/461119-greenpeace-activists-rappel-off-houston-bridge-to-protest-fossil-fuels

These Greenpeace folks have been hanging off the Fred Hartman Bridge over the Houston Ship Channel since this morning. The Dem debate is in Houston tonight and there's extra media in town,so they decided on this publicity stunt. You can see that bridge from where I live. Two lanes were closed during rush hour traffic this morning and will be again in just a few hours. Causing a traffic delay like that,among other wasted resources, is not helpful to their cause. Just what Dems hoping to flip Texas need too...pissed off working class people.

in addition to the fossil fuels burned by all those affected by having to sit in their cars due to the resulting traffic delay...someone ought tell them the nylon ropes they're using are made from petroleum derived polymers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon#DuPont_and_the_invention_of_Nylon

D'oh

voyager

4Q2247365
I believe things don't stay the same...the world is on the verge of another cleaner fuel whatever that may be. It may be the next BIG thing. I think the environment will survive man. Nature may have to kill us to do it but it will win.

Zam-Zam

Senator

On one hand, they bring attention to themselves. On the other, they perhaps repel more people than they attract to their cause....People don't like being stuck in traffic jams because someone decided to "express themselves".....And the longer they sit, the madder they get. And, ironically, the more gas they burn.

Perhaps not a brilliant calculation on their part.

Sorry they descended on your fair city....This, too, shall pass.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
On one hand, they bring attention to themselves. On the other, they perhaps repel more people than they attract to their cause....People don't like being stuck in traffic jams because someone decided to "express themselves".....And the longer they sit, the madder they get. And, ironically, the more gas they burn.

Perhaps not a brilliant calculation on their part.
This!

Sorry they descended on your fair city....This, too, shall pass.
Thank you sir. I don't have to get out of my suburban municipality today,so it hasn't had much effect on me. My daughter has to drive through it early this evening so my granddaughter sitting gig did get bumped up an extra 30 minutes earlier.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Zam-Zam

Senator
This!

Thank you sir. I don't have to get out of my suburban municipality today,so it hasn't had much effect on me. My daughter has to drive through it early this evening so my granddaughter sitting gig did get bumped up an extra 30 minutes earlier.
More time with your granddaughter.....The silver lining.

It does raise a critical question:

How, specifically, does snarling traffic for hours help the environment?

My guess is that it doesn't.
As you can see, the perpetrators of this "protest" (and the folks supporting it) aren't smart enough to see that far ahead.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Trump’s Order May Foul U.S. Drinking Water Supply
Narrowing the Clean Water Rule could increase pollution in critical waters

Trump and Republicans do NOT care about the environment or climate change. It's a shame. Teddy Roosevelt would weep. Heck, even Nixon was very serious about the environment.

It is an interesting premise is it a fact that potable waters are drawn directly from streams and lakes and are not treated in any way whatsoever by cities and municipalities?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Trump’s Order May Foul U.S. Drinking Water Supply
Narrowing the Clean Water Rule could increase pollution in critical waters

Trump and Republicans do NOT care about the environment or climate change. It's a shame. Teddy Roosevelt would weep. Heck, even Nixon was very serious about the environment.
link is required. board policy.

WHY are you hiding your source?