• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Indianapolis dumps Limbaugh

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
"While Morgan expects some WIBC listeners to be “hugely disappointed” by the change, he said
losing Limbaugh could open up the station to more advertising opportunities.

There are some—primarily national—advertisers that refuse to air commercials during Limbaugh’s show,

Morgan explained. Emmis officials began notifying its advertisers of the change Monday. “We believe this could open us up to a new group of advertisers,” he said.

http://www.ibj.com/articles/52715-wibc-pulling-plug-on-rush-limbaugh-show

boycotts work, my friend.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
"While Morgan expects some WIBC listeners to be “hugely disappointed” by the change, he said
losing Limbaugh could open up the station to more advertising opportunities.

There are some—primarily national—advertisers that refuse to air commercials during Limbaugh’s show,

Morgan explained. Emmis officials began notifying its advertisers of the change Monday. “We believe this could open us up to a new group of advertisers,” he said.

http://www.ibj.com/articles/52715-wibc-pulling-plug-on-rush-limbaugh-show

boycotts work, my friend.
Ms. jules,

Oh, yeah, you are so correct. Rush Limbaugh's weekly listeners are down to 13.25M.

http://www.talkers.com/top-talk-radio-audiences/

LOL, how's that boydcott working out for you guys? Good?

Caroljo

Senator
Ms. jules,

Oh, yeah, you are so correct. Rush Limbaugh's weekly listeners are down to 13.25M.

http://www.talkers.com/top-talk-radio-audiences/

LOL, how's that boydcott working out for you guys? Good?
Right! I'm sure stations drop people all the time. Like ONE station is going to hurt Limbaugh! Lol! I've never listened to him except for when someone posts a video of something he's saying. Or when the libs post things he's said.....if it weren't for them I wouldn't know anything about him!

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Right! I'm sure stations drop people all the time. Like ONE station is going to hurt Limbaugh! Lol! I've never listened to him except for when someone posts a video of something he's saying. Or when the libs post things he's said.....if it weren't for them I wouldn't know anything about him!
Ms. Caroljo,

Here in the Bay Area, shuffling host between the two Conservative radio stations has been going on as long as I've been here.

I used to listen to him when he was the only conservative on the air, but now, I prefer the local talent.

fairsheet

Senator
Limbaugh and his legal peeps have had any number of media outlets over a barrel, for sometime now. They cleverly contracted that Limbaugh gets paid whether he makes them money or not - and, he's been losing them money in a number of markets. Some have gotten so desperate and the numbers have become so stark, that they've put someone else in his slot and just kept paying him. As time goes by of course, those contracts are timing themselves out.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Limbaugh and his legal peeps have had any number of media outlets over a barrel, for sometime now. They cleverly contracted that Limbaugh gets paid whether he makes them money or not - and, he's been losing them money in a number of markets. Some have gotten so desperate and the numbers have become so stark, that they've put someone else in his slot and just kept paying him. As time goes by of course, those contracts are timing themselves out.
Mr. fair,

And the other day, unicorns walked through town and shat skittle for all the children....

See, I can make things up too.

Ms. Caroljo,

Here in the Bay Area, shuffling host between the two Conservative radio stations has been going on as long as I've been here.

I used to listen to him when he was the only conservative on the air, but now, I prefer the local talent.
If you're in the SF Bay Area, do you like Armstrong and Getty?

fairsheet

Senator
Mr. fair,

And the other day, unicorns walked through town and shat skittle for all the children....

See, I can make things up too.
BTW, in case you're wondering, the "number of listeners" a media shill attracts, isn't "all that". It's also important that those listeners be of a demographic that actually BUYS stuff!....I mean, how many ads can "Preperation H" and "Depends", buy?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
BTW, in case you're wondering, the "number of listeners" a media shill attracts, isn't "all that". It's also important that those listeners be of a demographic that actually BUYS stuff!....I mean, how many ads can "Preperation H" and "Depends", buy?
righties own talk radio (9 to 1), yet they have no young listeners to replace the oldies dying off. this has been something for Limbaugh and all con talk jocks to consider, but Limbaugh exacerbated it by putting himself in the cross hairs of the boycotters. what did he do? Limbaugh spent 3 days calling a co-ed a slut, repeatedly. nobody likes that kind of vulgarity, especially advertisers.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Mr. Fairsheet,

His demographic is the richest demographic.

Anyway, I take it by that non sequitur, you are acknowledging that you were just making shit up in your first post.

Not to worry, I know you are too proud to directly admit you are wrong, so I humbly accept your way of ceding the argument.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
If you're in the SF Bay Area, do you like Armstrong and Getty?
Mr. Martian,

I like them very much, every morning. Best show on radio, but like they say, they are not going to ruin it by being syndicated, so sadly, outside a few markets, nobody else likely know how great they are.

fairsheet

Senator
Mr. Fairsheet,

His demographic is the richest demographic.

Anyway, I take it by that non sequitur, you are acknowledging that you were just making shit up in your first post.

Not to worry, I know you are too proud to directly admit you are wrong, so I humbly accept your way of ceding the argument.
You'd best pass your special intel on to the media marketeers who're finding themselves stuck with his schtick. Shit, I'd be more likely to listen to Limbaugh, than would be any of the rich GOPs I know!

For what it's worth by the way, if a redster can't make it in a city like Indianapolis, what city can he make it in?

Mr. Martian,

I like them very much, every morning. Best show on radio, but like they say, they are not going to ruin it by being syndicated, so sadly, outside a few markets, nobody else likely know how great they are.
I've been listening to A&G for ten years, it is a great show. I actually feel like I know those guys.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
You'd best pass your special intel on to the media marketeers who're finding themselves stuck with his schtick. Shit, I'd be more likely to listen to Limbaugh, than would be any of the rich GOPs I know!

For what it's worth by the way, if a redster can't make it in a city like Indianapolis, what city can he make it in?
Mr. Fair,

I don't know, maybe these 600+ cities plus the Armed Forces Radio NetworK?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/stations/all_stations/

LOL, you should have pulled your post when you had your chance, wot?

fairsheet

Senator
Mr. Fair,

I don't know, maybe these 600+ cities plus the Armed Forces Radio NetworK?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/stations/all_stations/

LOL, you should have pulled your post when you had your chance, wot?
Yeah...as you fart...wot? Clearly, you've been milking some teat other than the free-market one, for some time now. I've made the case that Limbaugh is still spewed from lots and lots of markets and I've made the case for why.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Yeah...as you fart...wot? Clearly, you've been milking some teat other than the free-market one, for some time now. I've made the case that Limbaugh is still spewed from lots and lots of markets and I've made the case for why.
Mr. Fair,

Why the disjointed rant? Could you not defend your position?

I accept you ceding the point, my friend.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. BD,

Not that you can prove that...

Damn, you libs do love lies and half truths, wot?
I listen to his show from time to time when I'm on the road during work hours. I don't record it. Why so nasty dude? I didn't attack you in any way.

Last edited:

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
I listen to his show from time to time when I'm on the road during work hours. I don't record it. Why so nasty dude? I didn't attack you in any way.
Mr. BD,

I wasn't nasty, just pointing out that both you and Fairsheet just made up things out of whole cloth.

Bottom line, libs have made the same claims that boycotts are shutting Limbaugh down, but the only cases they can find are stations that are changing their formate, and in each case, the Limbaugh show moved to another station in the same market.

Not that I have any dog in this hunt. I rarely listen to him, although I am entertained when I do.

You are tilting at windmills, my friend.