• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Lefties claiming to be righties

EvMetro

Mayor
I've been on a lot of political boards over the last couple decades, and am seeing a growing trend where folks from all points of the political spectrum claim to be further right than they actually are. I see lefties trying to take cover under more conservative political identifiers like libertarian, republican, and conservative, but when I get talking to them, they end up being rino anti trumpers, lefties, and outright commies. I haven't really been around this board in at least a year, so I was wondering if the folks here are seeing this same trend in this community?

I've been on a lot of political boards over the last couple decades, and am seeing a growing trend where folks from all points of the political spectrum claim to be further right than they actually are. I see lefties trying to take cover under more conservative political identifiers like libertarian, republican, and conservative, but when I get talking to them, they end up being rino anti trumpers, lefties, and outright commies. I haven't really been around this board in at least a year, so I was wondering if the folks here are seeing this same trend in this community?
I am to the right of Genghis Khan. That is why I support full student loan forgiveness.

EvMetro

Mayor
The reason why lefties claim to be further right than they really are is about credibility. Hijacking unearned credibility is a form of cheating, so lefties do it as naturally as censorship, election fraud, cancel culture, fake news, or any other type of cheating. How do cheaters hide their cheating? Naturally, they cheat to hide their cheating. What better way to hide cheating than behind hijacked credabilty? The credibility that goes with being a righty is why lefties claim to be further right than they are.

The reason why lefties claim to be further right than they really are is about credibility. Hijacking unearned credibility is a form of cheating, so lefties do it as naturally as censorship, election fraud, cancel culture, fake news, or any other type of cheating. How do cheaters hide their cheating? Naturally, they cheat to hide their cheating. What better way to hide cheating than behind hijacked credabilty? The credibility that goes with being a righty is why lefties claim to be further right than they are.
More like people's political beliefs are oversimplified by placing them on a single spot on a single spectrum.

Sorry, the world is not that simple.

EvMetro

Mayor
More like people's political beliefs are oversimplified by placing them on a single spot on a single spectrum.

Sorry, the world is not that simple.
It is very natural for you to want to obscure the political line, since that makes it easier to hide how far left you are. I suspect that if I were to ask you where you are on a political line, I'd never get a straight answer. Those of us on the right can provide a straight answer. I can tell you for example, that a political line says "lefty" way over on the left side, and it says "Evmetro" on the far right side. Let's try this: Where are YOU on the political line?

It is very natural for you to want to obscure the political line, since that makes it easier to hide how far left you are. I suspect that if I were to ask you where you are on a political line, I'd never get a straight answer. Those of us on the right can provide a straight answer. I can tell you for example, that a political line says "lefty" way over on the left side, and it says "Evmetro" on the far right side. Let's try this: Where are YOU on the political line?
I self-identity as whatever the f*ck I choose.

EvMetro

Mayor
I self-identity as whatever the f*ck I choose.
Exactly as I explained. The reason why lefties claim to be any part righty is because they want to hijack unearned credibility. If you are not claiming to be all the way to the left, then you are, by default, claiming to be part righty. The moment you own up to being an all out lefty, you are perceived the way the world perceives lefties. Cheaters, election fraud, cancel culture, censorship, deplatforming, and fake news. You are not going to own up to where you are on the political line, even though you really are somewhere on that line. You will need to stay in the shadows to hide your leftyness, by obscuring the line.

Exactly as I explained. The reason why lefties claim to be any part righty is because they want to hijack unearned credibility. If you are not claiming to be all the way to the left, then you are, by default, claiming to be part righty. The moment you own up to being an all out lefty, you are perceived the way the world perceives lefties. Cheaters, election fraud, cancel culture, censorship, deplatforming, and fake news. You are not going to own up to where you are on the political line, even though you really are somewhere on that line. You will need to stay in the shadows to hide your leftyness, by obscuring the line.
I think you are a secret-Biden voter.

EvMetro

Mayor
I think you are a secret-Biden voter.
Persistent thread derailing is cheating.

You will NEVER be revealing where on the line you are, other than that you don't claim to be pure lefty. The part of you that won't own up to revealing where you stand comes from your lefty instinct to stay in the shadows. Hiding is as natural to lefties as any other kind of cheating or evasion.

Persistent thread derailing is cheating.

You will NEVER be revealing where on the line you are, other than that you don't claim to be pure lefty. The part of you that won't own up to revealing where you stand comes from your lefty instinct to stay in the shadows. Hiding is as natural to lefties as any other kind of cheating or evasion.
I am not a point on a line. Neither are you.

EvMetro

Mayor
Ever wonder why lefties want to be thought of as being righties?

We all know that on a political line, the left most dot represents lefties, and of course the right most dot represents EvMetro, but there is much more to the meaning of lefty. It also implies "not right", but there is much history in regard to what it means to be a lefty. Various cultures over the years have actually limited the use of the left hand to cleaning up after urinating or crapping, reserving the right hand for eating or for social interactions. Even today, many Muslims still think of the left hand as the unclean one, and use it to clean themselves with water after crapping.

EvMetro

Mayor
In Christianity, those who God is not thrilled with are sent to the left (Mathew 25), and God's right hand is the favored one. Left also represents bad luck, and is considered impolite when somebody holds their eating utensils with the left hand.

EvMetro

Mayor
In old English, Left was actually "lyft", which meant weak, foolish, lameness, and worthless. There is also the thing about having two left feet, which means you are clumsy, right? There is a lot implied when we talk about lefties, considering all the history and meanings behind this word. Did you know that in many cultures, children are forced to use their right hands? Even in Sweden where Islam is taking over, doing something with your left hand means to do something badly, and the word left translates to cheating or adultery.

EvMetro

Mayor
Left also represents evil and satan, and there are all kinds of legends and myths about left being these things, so it is no wonder lefties like to side step this description. The problem here, is that left is the correct way to describe the people who are left on the political line. I am sure glad that I am a righty.

EvMetro

Mayor
If you translate left to Dutch, left is "links". "Link" in Dutch means cunning, shifty, or risky, and of course a "linkerd" is a crafty devil...

I kinda like the Chinese meaning of the left path though, meaning immoral or unorthodox, which of course corresponds with the Korean meaning of "right", which is "morally proper".

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't really been around this board in at least a year, so I was wondering if the folks here are seeing this same trend in this community?
No. Not seeing it. I do see Republicans claiming to be conservative or libertarian.

EvMetro

Mayor
No. Not seeing it. I do see Republicans claiming to be conservative or libertarian.
Political identifying terms are pretty messed up these days, since lefties have been hijacking better sounding identifiers from their right. I don't believe anybody when they tell me what they are anymore. I just judge by whatever they say or post. You got it right though, on Republicans claiming to be conservative or libertarian. I'd add to this that it looks more to me like the the further left people are the more I see the trend.

I'm impressed that you were able to reply with something that demonstrates that you read and understood the opening post! That was a pretty solid post for the first on topic reply on one of my threads. With posts like this, we could have civilized bipartisan political discussions on this site!

Last edited: