• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

NYT headline

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hey - I certainly didn't vote for him. Imagine going golfing in the middle of a crisis like this. What was it that Lord Weemittens said about Obama's golfing?
Hey. Me neither. I just don't see the connection..well.other than a desire to delight in the loss of life
That is quite a sad exercise of thought..

Colorforms

Senator
Hey - I certainly didn't vote for him. Imagine going golfing in the middle of a crisis like this. What was it that Lord Weemittens said about Obama's golfing?
Do you need a hug? Don't be scared, I'm sure the scientists and researchers working on the C-19 issue don't need Trump there to hold their hands.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Speaking of golfing....
"Trump arrived at his Virginia golf club for the second time this weekend. Per CNN’s count, this is his 358th visit to one of his properties and his 266th trip to one of his golf clubs since he took office in January 2017.”

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Hey. Me neither. I just don't see the connection..well.other than a desire to delight in the loss of life

You don't see any hypocrisy there at all? trump delightedin crisizing Obama for golfing while things were FAR BETTER in the country than they are today. And now......... he's spent more on golf in 3 1/2 years =than Obama did in 8. Unemployement is who knows how high, the Stock market is in at least correction, the economy is in or near recession and later today or tomorrow the 100,000th victim of Trump's incompetence will die. And he's out golfing....

BobbyT

Governor
The connection is Donald's hypocritical complaints about Obama's golf, coupled with Donald's declaration that he would be 'too busy' to golf while president, with the addition of the horrific tragedy of the loss of life due to the pandemic (that no one is celebrating, contrary to your unconscionable claims otherwise) .and the immense numbers of people now grieving; contrasted with Donald's actual 300+ golf trips including these latest ones during the midst (not beginning, certainly not end) of such a huge national tragedy.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You don't see any hypocrisy there at all? trump delightedin crisizing Obama for golfing while things were FAR BETTER in the country than they are today. And now......... he's spent more on golf in 3 1/2 years =than Obama did in 8. Unemployement is who knows how high, the Stock market is in at least correction, the economy is in or near recession and later today or tomorrow the 100,000th victim of Trump's incompetence will die. And he's out golfing....
Oh I certainly do. I also see this wheedling need to cast it as though he or his golfing us the proximate cause of all those deaths.. that's sad behavior.

Hypocrite yes. Cause...no...thats seriously deranged thinking

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The connection is Donald's hypocritical complaints about Obama's golf, coupled with Donald's declaration that he would be 'too busy' to golf while president, with the addition of the horrific tragedy of the loss of life due to the pandemic (that no one is celebrating, contrary to your unconscionable claims otherwise) .and the immense numbers of people now grieving; contrasted with Donald's actual 300+ golf trips including these latest ones during the midst (not beginning, certainly not end) of such a huge national tragedy.
That's great.. what I see is the suggestion that his swinging of the club is hypocritical...agree...AND..the tp'er suggests those deaths are his doing..

That diminishes those lives in my mind.. pissing on those people and their families grief for political gain

Why not a comment on that...the callousness that allows such poor regard for all that died so that a political gotcha can be scored ..

BobbyT

Governor
That's great.. what I see is the suggestion that his swinging of the club is hypocritical...agree...AND..the tp'er suggests those deaths are his doing..

That diminishes those lives in my mind.. pissing on those people and their families grief for political gain

Why not a comment on that...the callousness that allows such poor regard for all that died so that a political gotcha can be scored.
What the TP'er suggests is that Donald's swinging of the club is showing a callous disregard for the horrific tragedy this country is undergoing, in addition to being immensely hypocritical given Donald's former politicizing of Obama's golfing while we were going through something that was both far less difficult and being handled far, far better by then president Obama than Donald is handling this one. And yes, to a large extent Donald's inept mishandling of this pandemic directly contributes to the high numbers of deaths we're experiencing. As POTUS, the buck stops with him no matter how many of his tiny fingers he points outward.

If your complaint is about people scoring 'political gotchas' on a politics board, perhaps you're posting on the wrong forum. There are plenty of point scoring attempts on the back of this pandemic on many threads from both sides. Claiming it's merely political gotchas to mention the unfortunate (often tragic) consequences of Republican policies in general, and Donald's in particular, is a tactic often used by those on the right to try to stop alternative viewpoints from being discussed - such as when there's yet another terrible loss of life due to gun nut. And your penchant for claiming that any discussion of the consequences of Donald's gross incompetence vis a vis this pandemic is "rooting for death" is an especially heinous example of that attempt to forestall us holding Donald accountable. Whether he chooses to believe it or not, Donald actually does have responsibility. He accepted it when he became POTUS.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Trump should know you don't go golfing until an Americans head is cut off...…...

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Speaking of golfing....
"Trump arrived at his Virginia golf club for the second time this weekend. Per CNN’s count, this is his 358th visit to one of his properties and his 266th trip to one of his golf clubs since he took office in January 2017.”
you forgot the hundreds of millions of dollars his resorts charge for these visits.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Why not a comment on that...the callousness that allows such poor regard for all that died so that a political gotcha can be scored ..
Tsk tsk. Forever seeking a crack or gap in what is the lefty monolith. There are none to be found. Go consult an ant hill or a hive of bees and inquire of the drones, “Where is your original and independent thought?”.

Nope. There is none to be had. And weaponizing mass deaths...tortured and gasping for every last breath...is a delightful, joyful prospect for the empty husks.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What the TP'er suggests is that Donald's swinging of the club is showing a callous disregard for the horrific tragedy this country is undergoing, in addition to being immensely hypocritical given Donald's former politicizing of Obama's golfing while we were going through something that was both far less difficult and being handled far, far better by then president Obama than Donald is handling this one. And yes, to a large extent Donald's inept mishandling of this pandemic directly contributes to the high numbers of deaths we're experiencing. As POTUS, the buck stops with him no matter how many of his tiny fingers he points outward.

If your complaint is about people scoring 'political gotchas' on a politics board, perhaps you're posting on the wrong forum. There are plenty of point scoring attempts on the back of this pandemic on many threads from both sides. Claiming it's merely political gotchas to mention the unfortunate (often tragic) consequences of Republican policies in general, and Donald's in particular, is a tactic often used by those on the right to try to stop alternative viewpoints from being discussed - such as when there's yet another terrible loss of life due to gun nut. And your penchant for claiming that any discussion of the consequences of Donald's gross incompetence vis a vis this pandemic is "rooting for death" is an especially heinous example of that attempt to forestall us holding Donald accountable. Whether he chooses to believe it or not, Donald actually does have responsibility. He accepted it when he became POTUS.
I agree, it is grossly hypocritical. There is no attempt to forestall...it is the clear calling out of a gross miss characterization of reality. You interpret one way...I another... I'm confident that mine doesn't emanate from some need to defend a side..but from that of decency.. standing on the dead to soap box is deplorable.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Tsk tsk. Forever seeking a crack or gap in what is the lefty monolith. There are none to be found. Go consult an ant hill or a hive of bees and inquire of the drones, “Where is your original and independent thought?”.

Nope. There is none to be had. And weaponizing mass deaths...tortured and gasping for every last breath...is a delightful, joyful prospect for the empty husks.
To each their own...but filth is filth. Like the paedo posts. .I don't give a shit ones politic.. embroiling kids in that sort of 'politics' is disgusting.

I think I saw earlier in this thread an attempt to make this exercise a ok..because the nyt has lots of pulitzers... As thought they're the focal point.