• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Problems connecting to PJ

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I was mistaken the site is not working fine.
I read your message on Facebook, SW.
Not sure if Cloudfare is propagating or protecting the site. I have been getting warnings every time I try to log on... unusual predicament for PJ.
All the sites on my server had problems again Saturday but it was done propating last Tuesday.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Having problems connecting tonight from my laptop. Phone connection working fine
The server and all of my sites have been down, up, down over the past 12 hours

Server company says they are putting in new protections against attacks

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Was it a denial of service attack?
It was one ip trying to open softballcenter hundreds of times. If that is what a denial of service attack is then yes.

It has been happening for a month now off an on.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It was one ip trying to open softballcenter hundreds of times. If that is what a denial of service attack is then yes.

It has been happening for a month now off an on.
That would qualify...basically sending a transaction in as fast as possible keeping the target too busy to answer other requests. I've seen it happen when someone hacks other computers and has them randomly attempting logons.

Since it is only from one IP it at least isn't a case of someone hacking all of the PJ participants to hit your system.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
That would qualify...basically sending a transaction in as fast as possible keeping the target too busy to answer other requests. I've seen it happen when someone hacks other computers and has them randomly attempting logons.

Since it is only from one IP it at least isn't a case of someone hacking all of the PJ participants to hit your system.
It was my other site that was being attacked.