• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question

Boca

Governor
Good morning BD. Is it now okay to cherry pick another's post and edit it when replying? In this case all but one sentence.

My post # 43 in the thread "As a country where do we go from here" followed by @FakeName's reply #44. I seem to remember being called out for that.

On the other hand maybe I'm all wrong? Just visited the Announcements page and can't find a rule against it.

I do remember once strikng through someones post the non-responsive remarks in order to call attention to my point and it was deleted. Didn't know I could have just deleted them.

Last edited:

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Good morning BD. Is it now okay to cherry pick another's post and edit it when replying? In this case all but one sentence.

My post # 43 in the thread "As a country where do we go from here" followed by @FakeName's reply #44. I seem to remember being called out for that.

On the other hand maybe I'm all wrong? Just visited the Announcements page and can't find a rule against it.

I do remember once strikng through someones post the non-responsive remarks in order to call attention to my point and it was deleted. Didn't know I could have just deleted them.
That is a legitimate question and I too would like to know what the rules are. Many times someone will make a long post but there will be a single phrase or sentence that you might wish to reply to. In the past I've cut out everything else or highlighted the part I am responding to. Sometimes this is deemed acceptable, sometimes not.

Could you clarify please?

Thanks in advance.

EvMetro

Mayor
I've posted threads here where lefties completely evade the entire opening post. They evade with everything they have to offer, to a point where the entire thread gets derailed and becomes about getting members to simply demonstrate that they even read and understood the opening post.

FakeName

Governor

Just saw this. If it is any consolation Boca I was not trying to alter anything you said but rather, as PNWest said, to emphasize the particular sentence I was responding to. I have seen other people accomplish that by making the important sentence red or something, ....I am not sure how to do that.

Boca

Governor
Just saw this. If it is any consolation Boca I was not trying to alter anything you said but rather, as PNWest said, to emphasize the particular sentence I was responding to. I have seen other people accomplish that by making the important sentence red or something, ....I am not sure how to do that.
Highlight the sentence, then on the tools bar at the top click on the tear drop icon to the left of the A and pick a color.

Last edited: