• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBLee

Governor
Excerpts from the posted rules:

"The moderators moderate all users the same, but they are like policemen in that with over 700 posts a day average you may do a violation and it goes unnoticed. You may do one violation in 100 days and it gets caught. If you do the crime you do the time. Don't go and cry to your base of friends that you got caught and someone else didn't and don't cry to them that you get treated differently."

"Moderators and Administrators, are volunteers who work hard to make the site as welcoming as possible.
Their duties do not include reading every post.
Your reporting of rule-breaking posts is welcome."

Since 7am CST this morning there have been 540 posts. Did you read even half that many today? We're not here all. We work and have other things to attend to as you do too I assume. We're volunteers and we also like to post as members only as much as we can. I can't tell you how many private conversations have been spent explaining that. There are days here with 800+ posts. We don't read all of them.
Thank you for addressing some of my issues within this forum. I do not expect all posts to be monitored. I would like to believe that the posts that are reported are addressed fairly. Like I said I RARELY report posts, and until today have not felt the need to do so. I have also mentioned in the past that I appreciate the dedication it must take to moderate this forum. I have been very disappointed with the outcome of some of the discussions today, and even more so that my questions led to a response in which I was told that if I didn't understand than I was "free to go". Honestly, at this point, this forum is in need of differing viewpoints, and strong moderation (as much as is possible from volunteer moderators).

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
May I ask a question? Are reports reviewed every day? I understand you all are a 3 man crew and am familiar with the burden of moderation, I can appreciate your dedication.
It appears there are times when reports are sent and they aren't addressed for a day or so even when one of you are on.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently, my questions are going to go unanswered. I am actually, not at all surprised.
You posted your OP right after it had taken Phil and I over 30 minutes to resolve the Reportapalooza in the "Pets are back..." thread. I had work to do afterwards as I'm sure Phil did too.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
May I ask a question? Are reports reviewed every day? I understand you all are a 3 man crew and am familiar with the burden of moderation, I can appreciate your dedication.
It appears there are times when reports are sent and they aren't addressed for a day or so even when one of you are on.
Sometimes we have to collaborate on reports because the answer isn't clear cut and sometimes we just want to be on the same page. There are hours and days when only one of us is here or none of us are here. We can surf in and find ourselves the only one here with 10 open reports made since the last time one of us was here. We try to resolve them all as soon as we can.

ETA: I can't speak for what happens every day because I am not here every day. I review reports every day I am here and resolve as many as I can as I'm sure Phil does too. Phil is a more prolific poster than me and I resolve all I can to reduce as much as possible him having to moderate reports in threads he's posting in or threads started by him. Doesn't always work out that way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.