• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Remembering Robert Byrd

Boca

Governor
You know, the KKK Grand Kleagle, the Democrat icon who lay in state in the Capitol so thousands (of Democrats) could pass by and pay their respects.

I remember him as the insurance salesman who would tag along with WV Senator Jennings Randolph, a close friend of my father, when "Uncle J" would stop by to say hello and share some Bourbon with Dad around the kitchen table.

I also remember the time my mother chased him out of the house with a broom. She being the daughter of one of the first civil rights attorneys in Virginia wasn't really happy with somthing "Bobby" said. Papa was pretty serious about civil rights. He lost a case in the Virginia Supreme court defending a black man and never practiced law again.

Anyway, it was Robert Byrd that spoke about white ni**ers on national television. And he was right, there are white ni**ers. It was an echo of Martin Luther King saying, it isn't about the color of the skin but the content of the character.

All of which brings me to James Mattis. The white ni**er who suddenly, out of the blue, came out of the woodwork when these so called "protests", that are actually attacks on America that he supposedly was protecting his entire f'kn career.

And What does he say....Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us.

Carrying a grudge against a President he disagreed with , and finding an opportunity to slander him speaks of his character.

Uncle "Bobby' was right on.

Last edited:

Colorforms

Senator
You know, the KKK Grand Kleagle, the Democrat icon who lay in state in the Capitol so thousands (of Democrats) could pass by and pay their respects.

I remember him as the insurance salesman who would tag along with WV Senator Jennings Randolph, a close friend of my father, when "Uncle J" would stop by to say hello and share some Bourbon with Dad around the kitchen table.

I also remember the time my mother chased him out of the house with a broom. She being the daughter of one of the first civil rights attorneys in Virginia wasn't really happy with somthing "Bobby" said. Papa was pretty serious about civil rights. He lost a case in the Virginia Supreme court defending a black man and never practiced law again.

Anyway, it was Robert Byrd that spoke about white ni**ers on national television. And he was right, there are white ni**ers. It was an echo of Martin Luther King saying, it isn't about the color of the skin but the content of the character.

All of which brings me to James Mattis. The white ni**er who suddenly, out of the blue, came out of the woodwork when these so called "protests", that are actually attacks on America that he supposedly was protecting his entire f'kn career.

And What does he say....Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us.

Carrying a grudge against a President he disagreed with , and finding an opportunity to slander him speaks of his character.

You can't unite someone who doesn't want to be united. I have a brother I haven't talked to in decades. Tried to talk to him, he will have nothing of it. It doesn't matter how much the average American wants a united country, we have a group, a fairly large group, that will have nothing of it, no matter how hard we try.

There comes a point where you say "fine, then you're on your own. Just don't screw with the rest of us". That's where I am with the left. They can believe whatever bullschitt thing they want to, just don't force it on the rest of us.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Wow...so Trump called him great when he appointed him SecDef...Mattis quit when he couldn't support Trump's policies which were opposed by quite a few senior military...it was a betrayal of our allies, but it was exactly what Putin wanted.

Funny that you think a career Marine officer has no right to speak out. So the 1st amendment only applies to blowhards like you?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You can't unite someone who doesn't want to be united. I have a brother I haven't talked to in decades. Tried to talk to him, he will have nothing of it. It doesn't matter how much the average American wants a united country, we have a group, a fairly large group, that will have nothing of it, no matter how hard we try.

There comes a point where you say "fine, then you're on your own. Just don't screw with the rest of us". That's where I am with the left. They can believe whatever bullschitt thing they want to, just don't force it on the rest of us.
You definitely can't unite the country using the kind of rhetoric Trump does. You say "no matter how hard we try"...as if there has been any attempt at all. Trump is using division as a political tactic. He clearly hopes to stir up his base using hatred of "them"...them being anyone who might vote against him...anyone who might criticize him. At the same time he wants to minimize turnout....it is the only way he can win because even a horrible candidate like Hillary got 3 million more votes than he did.

Colorforms

Senator
You definitely can't unite the country using the kind of rhetoric Trump does. You say "no matter how hard we try"...as if there has been any attempt at all. Trump is using division as a political tactic. He clearly hopes to stir up his base using hatred of "them"...them being anyone who might vote against him...anyone who might criticize him. At the same time he wants to minimize turnout....it is the only way he can win because even a horrible candidate like Hillary got 3 million more votes than he did.
So trying Obama's way didn't work, trying it Trump's way didn't work. Any more suggestions?

Ah, Hillary Clinton, another good friend of KKK leader Robert Byrd. Is there anyone you people support who isn't a member of the Klan?

LOL

Boca

Governor
Wow...so Trump called him great when he appointed him SecDef...Mattis quit when he couldn't support Trump's policies which were opposed by quite a few senior military...it was a betrayal of our allies, but it was exactly what Putin wanted.

Funny that you think a career Marine officer has no right to speak out. So the 1st amendment only applies to blowhards like you?
Stop with your twisted contortions of what I say and on behalf of many others as well.

I didn't say Mattis had no right to speak. Where the hell do you get off telling me what I think. I said he lacked character. Your character is in the tank too for telling me what I think!

What I said was carrying a grudge against a President he disagreed with , and finding an opportunity to slander him speaks of his character, not to mention childish petulance for a four star General. Being 5'9" tall maybe he developed that little man in the bar complex. They didn't call him " Mad Dog" without a reason.

And on top of that the sob said the President tries to divide us! How's that for the character of a General Officer of the military speaking of the Commander-in-Chief !

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Ah, Hillary Clinton, another good friend of KKK leader Robert Byrd. Is there anyone you people support who isn't a member of the Klan?

LOL
what year did Byrd quit the kkk? How many times did he apologize? What evidence do you have that anyone here supported Byrd?

Hey...did you hear about the lawsuit Trump lost for refusing to rent to blacks?

Boca

Governor
what year did Byrd quit the kkk? How many times did he apologize? What evidence do you have that anyone here supported Byrd?
Apologizing is not curative for what's in the heart. As evidenced by coming up with the term white ni**ers on a nationally televised interview decades later.

And stop with your standard rhetorical "evidence" questions that can never be answered.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Stop with your twisted contortions of what I say and on behalf of many others as well.

I didn't say Mattis had no right to speak. Where the hell do you get off telling me what I think. I said he lacked character. Your character is in the tank too for telling me what I think!

What I said was carrying a grudge against a President he disagreed with , and finding an opportunity to slander him speaks of his character, not to mention childish petulance for a four star General. Being 5'9" tall maybe he developed that little man in the bar complex. They didn't call him " Mad Dog" without a reason.

And on top of that the sob said the President tries to divide us! How's that for the character of a General Officer of the military speaking of the Commander-in-Chief !
Lacked character? How many years did Mattis serve this country? How many years did he work for Trump? You call him an SOB, childish and petulant. You, like Trump, choose to attack the messenger instead of dealing with the message. You support Trump even with a number of flag rank officers agreeing with Mattis....

Trump is the petulant and childish one, lacking in character and moral values. Mattis is no longer a serving officer and has every right to speak...the first amendment says so.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Apologizing is not curative for what's in the heart. As evidenced by coming up with the term white ni**ers on a nationally televised interview decades later.

And stop with your standard rhetorical "evidence" questions that can never be answered.
When accused it is to be expected the accuser has supporting evidence. He doesn't.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I'm sure Byrd agreed with Biden on the busing ordeal and the "jungle, racial jungle" that would follow