• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Reminder about Alert Prefences

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
You can disable receiving alerts for all kinds of things. You can disable ratings and tag alerts and even reply alerts. Just click on your name in the top tool bar then click on "Alert Preferences" in the dropdown menu and start unchecking boxes. I disabled ratings alerts long ago. You can disable alerts when you are tagged in posts by unchecking the "Mentions you in a message" box.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
You can disable receiving alerts for all kinds of things. You can disable ratings and tag alerts and even reply alerts. Just click on your name in the top tool bar then click on "Alert Preferences" in the dropdown menu and start unchecking boxes. I disabled ratings alerts long ago. You can disable alerts when you are tagged in posts by unchecking the "Mentions you in a message" box.
Are you whining because I mention you to your leftist buddies about your Confederate avatars?

Jen

Senator
Thank you for posting this again. We have new posters and they may want to make use of our options. This board has enough options that everyone should be able to see exactly what they want to see and not see what they don't want to see.

I also disabled ratings alerts long ago. I don't care what ratings I get, but I don't want it clogging up my box.

Also, and though you didn't mention it, you can determine who you are able to get private messages from. I can only receive messages from those I follow. It keeps me from getting messages from people I prefer not to get a private message from.

Thanks again, bd. Helpful post.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I also disabled ratings alerts long ago. I don't care what ratings I get, but I don't want it clogging up my box.
Yeah. A number of childish posters like to scroll through threads and downrate all the posts of posters on the other side. It's the usual suspects and I knew who they would be and what they would do when the rating system was put in place.

Jen

Senator
Yeah. A number of childish posters like to scroll through threads and downrate all the posts of posters on the other side. It's the usual suspects and I knew who they would be and what they would do when the rating system was put in place.
Why call them names for doing that?

Who cares if someone scrolls and rates? o_O

I don't see the point.

And..............seems to me, to call someone childish for something one just assumes they are doing -- is, in itself, a bit childish, don't you think?

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Mostly on the left
But I do mention you to your leftist friends about your Confederate avatars

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Why call them names for doing that?

Who cares if someone scrolls and rates? o_O

I don't see the point.

And..............seems to me, to call someone childish for something one just assumes they are doing -- is, in itself, a bit childish, don't you think?
He's mirroring

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I think that is calling it what it is.

We always had a rating system in place here - even in Slate there was a thumbs up or down.

Some toys have just been jiggled around, to placate some sensitives, is all that has changed.

Jen

Senator
We always had a rating system in place here - even in Slate there was a thumbs up or down.

Some toys have just been jiggled around, to placate some sensitives, is all that has changed.
There is absolutely no reason anyone should ever be all butthurt about a rating they got.

Jen

Senator
Really? Direct quote from you:

" I don't care what ratings I get, but I don't want it clogging up my box."
Yes. I don't want all the ratings in my alert box that I use to see if I need to respond to posts made to me.

I do look at my ratings sometimes. But I've never gotten all butthurt when someone laughs or disagrees. I take it as their opinion of my post and I appreciate that they had an opinion.

Caroljo

Senator
And a number of childish posters like to whine and cry to mods because of the ratings! Who cares what another person sitting behind their computer thinks of them??? I'm never surprised or upset over what ratings I get. I expect poor ratings or laughs from some of the lefty's here....I just ignore it! I feel the same about them, so what's the big deal? Calling one side childish, ignoring what the other side does, is what's childish.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
And a number of childish posters like to whine and cry to mods because of the ratings! Who cares what another person sitting behind their computer thinks of them??? I'm never surprised or upset over what ratings I get. I expect poor ratings or laughs from some of the lefty's here....I just ignore it! I feel the same about them, so what's the big deal? Calling one side childish, ignoring what the other side does, is what's childish.
A number of posters like to take simple OPs like mine and derail threads too.